Thread: Stomach Workouts

Stomach Workouts

The question is.....cardio?

I have a gut and I don't like it. How do I get rid of it WHILE keeping the same weight?

At the moment I'm trying to gain weight by taking my own mixture for a shake each night. I want to keep getting fatter but lose the gut at the same time. What's good for it?

Thanks!
    Current
    Bench - 180lbs
    Deadlift - 315lbs
    Squat - 275lbs

Goals
    Bench - 200lbs
    Deadlift - 400lbs
    Squat - 315lbs

Um you can't spot increase fat?

Do a search.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Well, of course you can!

Click here for incredible results!

Don't ask for a lighter load. Ask for a stronger back.

You have three choices:

Bulk: this means eating more calories than you need so you can maximize muscle growth. Unfortunately it means you may also gain some unwanted fat.

Cut: this means eating less calories than you need so you can maximize fat loss. Unfortunately it means you may also lose some muscle.

Recomposition: this means gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time. This is what everyone wants to do, but it's nearly impossible for most people even with great genetics and drugs. You would more than likely waste your time trying to do this.

People bulk and cut because that's the easiest and most efficient way to achieve their desired results. Pick one, follow through. It will probably take a few attempts at each before you figure out how your body responds, and a few more attempts after that before you start to achieve your desired results.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Regardless of adding, fat, both will make your package look overall better, in the long and short term. Abs in specific, should be the least of your concern.

Adding clean mass or loosing unnecessary fat should be your only goals.
    Last edited by Eszekial; 06-20-2006 at 01:08 PM.
    Eszekial's Journal
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 200
    Body Fat: 12%
    Bench: 265x3
    ATFSquat: 315x3
    Dead: 275x3

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DCF
    The question is.....cardio?

I have a gut and I don't like it. How do I get rid of it WHILE keeping the same weight?

At the moment I'm trying to gain weight by taking my own mixture for a shake each night. I want to keep getting fatter but lose the gut at the same time. What's good for it?

Thanks!
    Translation: I want to stay fat but get lean at the same time! YEAH! Umm... it's not gonna happen.

Anthony covered it well.

You can't reduce fat in just your stomach. If there was a way to do this everyone would do it. Take a look around- fat stomachs abound. To lose your gut you'll have to reduce your overall fat. To regain the weight you will have to build muscle, which will likely result in building up some fat with it as well (bulking). Then you can shed some fat to expose the new muscle (cutting). Then build some more (bulking). Then cut to reveal (cutting). A pattern emerges.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."