Thread: Doing a speech on body building.

Hybrid View

Wannabebig New Member

Doing a speech on body building.

Hey guys, just need a few quick tips to finish up my speech for public speaking class.

-Is there an alternate term I can use in place of Body building? There will be females in the audience.

-Besides looking good, what other long term positive effects does working out yield?

-We know protein is the building block used to repair muscles, but what are Essential fatty acids and Complex carbs used for?

-Is there any way I can relate this speech to the females in the audience?

Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by miikey723
    Hey guys, just need a few quick tips to finish up my speech for public speaking class.

-Is there an alternate term I can use in place of Body building? There will be females in the audience.
    Physique sports, weight training, resistance training...

-Besides looking good, what other long term positive effects does working out yield?
    Increased bone density and higher metabolic rate (I eat more food on a cut now than I used to when I was gaining weight). Also better for sex (trust me, it is) but I don't know how you can work that one in. Maybe under the guise of "increased functional strength". I notice it's a LOT easier to live now - I can carry all my own groceries all at once no matter how many I purchase, I can flip the water cooler bottle at work with ease ... it's nice, and one of the first things women usually notice when they start lifting.

Also, it's a LOT easier than cardio, it doesn't take as much time, and it isn't as sweaty.

-We know protein is the building block used to repair muscles, but what are Essential fatty acids and Complex carbs used for?
    Google is your friend

Thanks for your help!

working out and dieting right will give you a very healthy body and you will live longer than say, someone on the Big Mac diet. You will have more kids because more women will want to have sex with you, too

You can relate it to the women by saying that more dudes will want to screw you if you look good?
    Last edited by hoser813; 06-22-2006 at 03:27 PM.
    "Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy ass weight!" - Ronnie Coleman

"You've got to love what you're doing. If you love it, you can overcome any handicap or the soreness or all the aches and pains, and continue to play for a long, long time." -Gordie Howe

Thanks for your help!
    Resistance training will improve the quality of your life as you age by helping to maintain your mobility.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

!
    Essential fatty acids is good for healthy hormone production

Complex carbs/ carbs are the bodys main energy sorce
    To get good at most things takes 2-4 years i.e BodyBuilding, Martial Arts, Musical Instrements ect.
    To Master it, takes a life time - Buff Stuff

The answer to every query is, of course, "squats". - drew

BUFF

When I started working out, people on the streets just started coming up to me and giving me free money... mention that in your lecture!

ec

p.s. why are you being asked to give a speech?

A good speech on body building will involve taking your shirt off.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Occupational Hypnomania
    Maybe you can clear up some of the rumors such as toning, might save some people alot of wasted effort.

Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash
    A good speech on body building will involve taking your shirt off.
    LOL! Score some extra points for a good visual aid!
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei
    LOL! Score some extra points for a good visual aid!
    haha it'll only work if he can make his boobs dance. I'm sure at that point people won't really be paying attention to his speech.

Show em your glute flex too.

Is that some sort of swear word?
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase