Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RANT: Laws (Want to Kill Someone).

RANT: Laws (Want to Kill Someone).

So. There are two Russians who are renting the apartment below us. Overall, I have nothing against Russians; indeed, I enjoy Russian literature, and am quite an admirer of the prototypical Russian uberbabe physique. The two who live below us are a brother and sister, and the sister is even a little cute (though, sadly, not quite up to par).

Now then. These two have an astoundingly unsatiable hunger for terrible Russian pop/techno music. I wouldn't say that they blast it, but they play it moderately loudly off and on throughout the day. I hate most music. I hate this music more than I hate most music.

We've asked them to turn it down a couple of times, and they usually do. However, the frequency with which they play it is not diminishing. It's been playing for a little over an hour now. I dislike it.

I want to kill them (or at least the guy).

I've been having Walter Mittyish daydreams about him shouting something at me -- perhaps insulting me, my mother, the New York Yankees, whatever -- which, in turn, leads me to pummeling him. Picking him up and throwing him into a parked car.

Which makes me realize.

I hate laws.

I think this could end badly.
    Last edited by MM; 06-15-2006 at 12:05 PM.
    Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

Does he have a prototypical huge Russian physique?

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    OK boss here's what you do.

Next time they wake you up from your post workout nap calmly walk downstairs and tell them you will call immigration if they continue playing Malchishnik at full volume.

However, they could be in the Russian mob and from what I hear they are the most brutal, so not only will they kill you, but also your family.

You're right, this could could end very badly.
    Last edited by David; 06-15-2006 at 12:12 PM.

If they are playing at a moderate level and its not 2am or something... well, I don't think you have much of a complaint.

Sounds like you need to make some background noise of your own. White noise or whatever, if you can't stand music.

or, alternatively,

Invest in a giant stereo system, bolt it face down to the floor and play the white noise at full blast until they're found three days later lying on the floor dead with blood dribbling out of their ears and eyes.
    Last edited by Teufelhund; 06-15-2006 at 12:17 PM.

I'm sure there's a frequency and amplitude at which human flesh liquifies.

Blast ****ty disco music all day long and if they come to ask YOU to turn it down just look at them all confused like and say, "..?.. but its disco Wednesday" even if it isnt Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinStarke
    Blast ****ty disco music all day long and if they come to ask YOU to turn it down just look at them all confused like and say, "..?.. but its disco Wednesday" even if it isnt Wednesday.
    Ahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast
    Does he have a prototypical huge Russian physique?
    Nah, he has the prototypical Russo-European "Look at me, I haven't eaten in three weeks" physique. Seriously. It makes me want to go up to him and say -- in my best Drago impression -- "I vill break vu".

And then break his little glass jaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Teufelhund
    I'm sure there's a frequency and amplitude at which human flesh liquifies.
    Well, in a similar vein, there are non-lethal sonic weapons that are colloquially referred to as "brown-noise" machines. I'll let you figure it out.

With the proper aiming, this could come in quite handy:
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/06...s_cannot_hear/

Of course, you should:
    1) Get some guns.
    2) Accidentally fire off a few shots trhough the floor.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Quote Originally Posted by Teufelhund
    If they are playing at a moderate level and its not 2am or something... well, I don't think you have much of a complaint.
    I completely agree with you. I mean, it's not like I could call the cops or anything, and I recognize they have the right to play ****ty music at a semi-loud volume, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. I know I can't call the cops on them or anything, which is why I'm thinking about murdering them.

(I can see this thread somehow making its way to the drudgereport. I'm NOT actually planning a murder. Yet... )

Earplugs, headphones or the the disco idea. These are your best options.

If you decide to follow Teuf's stereo idea- might I suggest you just play "legalize murder" by GG Allin on repeat?
    Maybe then they'd get the picture.
    530S/320B/475D
    With strength I burn

Move to Montana or Idaho.

Or blast Hillary Clinton at them (if that don't kill
    them, nothing will).

Lots of good ideas here. Let's try to pare down the ones that involve me not killing someone. What's the best way to entice him to try to kill me first? Is this thread going to kill any chance of a manslaughter defense at the trial?

Quote Originally Posted by rdkraus
    Or blast Hillary Clinton at them (if that don't kill
    them, nothing will).
    You sick, sick bastard. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

200 is small stuff. Margin Of Error's Avatar
    Is this actually ****TY electronic music? Or do you just find all electronic music to sound ****ty?

If its the former I weep for you.
    It's easier to point out the differences between us than to admit the similarities.

This body holding me, reminds me of my own mortality.

Quote Originally Posted by MM
    Lots of good ideas here. Let's try to pare down the ones that involve me not killing someone. What's the best way to entice him to try to kill me first? Is this thread going to kill any chance of a manslaughter defense at the trial?

Ask MrElwoodDowd about that.

Quote Originally Posted by MM
    You sick, sick bastard. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
    So, you're prepared to kill them, but not yet ready to inflict Clinton on them.

Hmmmmm. There's a deep message here somewhere.

Poop on their car.

It won't accomplish anything, but it'll be funny.
    Eszekial's Journal
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 200
    Body Fat: 12%
    Bench: 265x3
    ATFSquat: 315x3
    Dead: 275x3

I like taking my bass cabinet, laying it face down on the floor, and slapping the hell out of my bass guitar when the neighbors below me get out of hand with their ghetto trash music that rumbles the complex. Fortunately they're moving the first of July. I'd like to think I played a part in this. Sweet freedom!
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Why don't you just go downstairs and ask them to try turning down the music or bass from now on?

Ya know, I keep on seeing these threads where the people don't feel like asserting themselves or warning others that their actions are bothering. "I feel like killing them" and "he's such an *******, **** him", etc.
    If you were to fight this guy he wouldn't even understand why you were fighting him... and that's a little unfair.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Hehehe I can recommend better Russian music. Perhaps you can make a suggestion that they play that instead?

d'Anc- the volume isn't the problem. It's the choice of music that's bothering M&M.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash
    Wow that's actually pretty sweet, but I wonder if most phones would be able to play at that frequency. I also wonder if drunk people can hear as well...
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Get a chainsaw. Fire it up in your apartment, occasionally. Whenever you take out the trash, make sure it's dripping red fluid.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Quote Originally Posted by d'Anconia
    Why don't you just go downstairs and ask them to try turning down the music or bass from now on?
    From personal experience, asking them to lower the volume only works the night you ask. It's usually up just as loud the next day.

I had neighbors at my old apartment that played their music so loud that I could hear it even though I was one unit over and on a lower level. I went to their apartment 3 times over the course of a few weeks asking them to turn it down, which they would. But the next night it would be right back to where it was the night before. I started calling the police after that, and finally the apartment manager sent them an eviction warning when the police visits failed to curb the noise. All of the visits by myself and the police took place during the week after the midnight hour. Not fun when you have to get up early for work.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial