Thread: Complex problem. FNG

I just want to get big.

Complex problem. FNG

Hi everyone please help the F##king new guy (me) out!

I've been back at the gym for 4 months now, on the first week I got "reeled" in by an ex powerlifter who introduced me to powerlifting routines. I got hooked. Since that time I've incorporated my own routines based on his workout. I have since then gained huge strength and mass but also got a huge belly to show for it.

Started weight - 180lbs
    Current weight - 208lbs.
    Previous Maxes
    Bench - 185 Squats 250 Dead lifts 225
    Current Maxes
    Bench - 300 Squats 395 Deadlifts 375

I know these numbers might seem fishy, but I haven't worked out for two years because I was in a stupid relationship. But before that time I was really strong and just fell to that weak state. I do not take any supplements except for protein and creatine. Because I was living by myself I had a calorie absorption of roughly 4500-5000 calories a day. Now I'm living with my parents again and my meals have changed to 3-4 a day as oppose to 5 a day.

Now that I stated some of my history, I just want to know what should I do now to slim down my beer belly and love handles. I don't necessarily want a 6 pack but having to lug a keg around isn't all that fun.

My workouts right now is pretty much 1 set of warmups 50% of ORM, and 3 sets of 6 for the Big 3. For three months I haven't touched cardio, so maybe that can help you imagine the size of my keg.

Should I do 30 minutes of cardio after workouts with low intensity or medium intensity or what? I know I'm going to end up losing alot of weight but at the same time I want to keep getting stronger. What should I do? I had an initial plan to bulk up to 225 than cut down to slim 205 but now I know that won't work. I don't know what to do!!! Please help.

Do somekind of speed work and heavy work routine for strength, as for the keg - its all diet. I don't even touch cardio aside from work, and a walk every once in a while and I'm sitting on a fairly leanish 180 something.

Clean up your diet. Maybe a little HIIT would help speed things up.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310