The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Squats for the first time!

Well i went to the gym yesterday and finally tried squats and deadlifts, and wow they really killed. My legs are so damn sore and so is my lower back (from deadlifts?).

But i was just wondering i didnt feel deadlifts as much in my legs as i did in my lower back, am i doing something wrong or is it just the excercise.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    alot of people do deadlifts somewhat like (only example i can think of) ronnie coleman, with more back then legs

i do them that way too

Quote Originally Posted by greathuskie
    alot of people do deadlifts somewhat like (only example i can think of) ronnie coleman, with more back then legs

i do them that way too
    me too... sometimes when DLing heavy, i kinda feel a tweak or somethin in my back.... im sure this isnt normal ??
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 175lbs
    Body Fat around 12%
    Biceps: 14.5"
    Chest: 38"

Bench Press: 225 x 10 reps and 275 pounds x 1 rep
    Deadlift: 405 pounds x 1 rep
    Squat: 335 pounds x 3 reps

Occupational Hypnomania
    Your probably doing them more like a stiff legged deadlift, chest should be high throughout the movement.

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    I myself always wonder why people don't like using a lot of leg drive when Deadlifting. I find it helps. But I guess people are different.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    I myself always wonder why people don't like using a lot of leg drive when Deadlifting. I find it helps. But I guess people are different.
    because i can barely squat 185 because of my knee, i find doing it my way i can still pull quite a bit of weight and it doesnt hurt my knee.

i would think when deadlifting, you would feel it more in your back than in your legs....it is the king of back exercises.....

Reach down between your legs and find a pair of balls. That's what it takes to lift big weights. Genetics is the weak man's excuse for why he sucks at life. Don't be that guy - RhodeHouse

Any man under 200lbs is a woman - RhodeHouse