The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Tricep involvement in military press

Does military pressing (or any shoulder pressing for that matter) significantly work your triceps? I've been focusing on military press instead of benching for my chest day and was wondering if the position of the arms during the military press movement would be just as beneficial to the triceps as in the bench movement. Also, I'd like to completely cut out direct tricep work because it is kind of boring and my workouts are running overtime as it is.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

any pressing movement involves triceps. milis dont involve too much tricep work though. why military instead of benching? militarys focus on sholders not chest.
    Bench:225x5, 255x1
    Squat:350x5
    Dead:370x5, 415x1

I know that military press is a shoulder exercise, thing is I'm bored with bench and decided to do military press first thing in my routine so that I devote the maximum amount of energy to it. I just dont want my triceps to atrophy since I will not be benching as heavy as I normally do.