Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muscle Soreness

Wannabebig Member

Muscle Soreness

My muscles rarely every get sore/burn the next day after workouts. I can sort of feel a little tension in a few of my muscles the next day, but not always and not very much. I know soreness is not the sign of a good work out, im just wondering if this is normal? I am pushing myself very hard. Im 19, maybe thats why im recovering so quickly? Would you guys recommend I add in a few excercices to each of my routines?

Banned
    please post your routines. And the soreness usually doesn't occur as much when the months keep going by and your eating right.

-josh

soreness is not an indicator that your not progressing.So keep things as they are, don't worry about it.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Wannabebig Member
    My routine is a slightly modified WBB1. I have been seeing gains and have gained about 3 lbs in 2 weeks.

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    If you're seeing progress, that's all that matters. Just focus on making gains.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Wannabebig Member
    The WBB1 recommends a 3 day split, which is what im using. But I feel I could easily do another full day? How should I do this? What excercises and what day should I do it?

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo
    The WBB1 recommends a 3 day split, which is what im using. But I feel I could easily do another full day? How should I do this? What excercises and what day should I do it?
    If you are making progress currently, why change it? More workouts do not necessarily equate more progress...it doesn't work that way. It could even hinder your progress.

you should be happy.....i ran out of ETS and i'm hurting after squat and dl day

Reach down between your legs and find a pair of balls. That's what it takes to lift big weights. Genetics is the weak man's excuse for why he sucks at life. Don't be that guy - RhodeHouse

Any man under 200lbs is a woman - RhodeHouse

Quote Originally Posted by sCaRz*Of*PaiN
    If you're seeing progress, that's all that matters. Just focus on making gains.
    I agree.
    Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful. -Joushua Marine

For me the juice of orange helps reduce soreness.
    6'2 206

Wannabebig Member
    Now that im more used to my routine and closer to maxing out my excercies, im pretty sore now. No complaints though, being sore makes me feel like ive accomplished something. Feels good to be sore once in a while!

Quote Originally Posted by Ares
    For me the juice of orange helps reduce soreness.
    hahaha, where di that come from? lol. but yeh, just like getfit said, it doesn't really indicate progress, if you've gained 3 pounds in a couple weeks your doing all that you should be. keep it up
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 167
    Starting Weight: 147
    Bodyfat: 10% approx.
    Goal: 200 lbs.

Occupational Hypnomania
    Indeed orange beverage is very good, and dont take medicine to reduce to soreness.

sometimes soreness is a good thing it means you have provided your body with a different stimulus, i think its more of a bad thing if your never sore, you need to change things up and when you do that you will get sore most of the time.

What is soreness caused from then?

Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

During your workout...lactic acid. After your workout...microscopic tears in your muscle fibers. Some feel it, some don't.

Wannabebig Member
    Well I love soreness let me know I workout enough and lets me know when im ready to do it again : )
    weight---> 165
    Height---> 6'01
    Goal-->Reach 200 pounds
    Squat - N/A
    bench: N/A
    I had to accept I was being a pussy and now I am gaining weight.
    Progression

Well I love soreness let me know I workout enough and lets me know when im ready to do it again : )
    Again, you shouldn't be basing any progress on whether you become sore or not after a workout.
    Last edited by sCaRz*Of*PaiN; 06-28-2006 at 01:19 AM.

Again, you shouldn't be basing any progress on whether you become sore or not after a workout.
    He's basing effort, not progress, on muscle soreness.
    6'2 206

During your workout...lactic acid. After your workout...microscopic tears in your muscle fibers. Some feel it, some don't.
    I should have made my question more thorough.

I understand the soreness is caused from lactic acid build up, but I guess I should have asked why is it that some people get it worse than others? And what are some things that can help with DOMS (ex. Eating enough, stretching, message therapy, etc..)?

Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

Quote Originally Posted by Keith
    I should have made my question more thorough.

I understand the soreness is caused from lactic acid build up, but I guess I should have asked why is it that some people get it worse than others? And what are some things that can help with DOMS (ex. Eating enough, stretching, message therapy, etc..)?
    stretching definetly helps with soreness at least for me. If I don't stretch my body feel so much worse. I do it after a workout though not before but I'm thinking of doing it before and after.

Quote Originally Posted by method115
    stretching definetly helps with soreness at least for me. If I don't stretch my body feel so much worse. I do it after a workout though not before but I'm thinking of doing it before and after.
    Everyone should have some stretching in their routine, the benefits are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith
    I understand the soreness is caused from lactic acid build up
    If you are refering to soreness after your workout, Scarz just told you it is not because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by levronefan
    you need to change things up .
    Not

Like some of the others have said, if you gained three pounds in a week or two, you are doing fine. Don't worry about soreness!
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be a good friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.