The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

i dont FEEL my workout

well.........when i just started going to the gym, i would work out and then I'd be sore the next day....all my muscles would hurt soooo much.....but I LOVED IT!!!!.. i love the feeling of sore muscles in the morning!!!! and now.....i go to the gym more often i guess....or i've been going for like 2 months....and POOF the pain is all gone. no matter how hard i workout.......how much i lift......no matter what i do i don't get sore...... what the hell!?!??@@??@@?!?!!??! all i wanna know is......does that mean that I'm not getting stronger and my muscles are used to the workout and.....i have to do MORE?!@?@?@?@?!??!!?!?!?!? someone answer.....cuz this is buggin me....

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

It doesn't matter if you get sore or not. If you want to be sore you could try adding in some negatives to your routine.
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

You don't have to be sore the next day to have worked your muscles... So normally I'd say you have nothing to worry about.

But, I should ask... are you increasing weight when you can from week to week? How many repetitions/sets are you doing per exercise? As your body gets used to lifting, you'll be sore less and less... But I still get sore after a good workout, and I've been doing the same routine for over half a year. What does your routine look like now? It might be time for a change.
    Last edited by Alex.V; 01-26-2002 at 09:41 PM.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Just to further what B. said. You say you are going more frequenly now-how many times per week. Could be that you are still tired from your last workout and cant hit the gym with the same intensty as you used to.
    Failure is a privelage reserved for those who do not try hard enough

I used to work out high-volume and NEVER get sore, I mean never. Now I use a one part per week routine, super high-intensity, and I get sore almost every workout. Really, really sore. So from experience I would say that working out more often keeps you from getting sore. I've read this as well, now I guess I can agree.

at times ive had the same problem as vikie currently has
    and i call it a problem cause it made me want to overtrain tuttut

now that i started up one of the wbb routienes though, im hurting again

My eyes are really sore from trying to read your post... I mean the grean text on the blue background
    IT IS HARDER TO READ THEN ALL UPPERCASE LETTERS THAT ARE UNDERLINED!

Seriously though you can grow witth out being sore... but I agree it feels good, try a hard routinue that challenges you with low reps (like the WBB or WBBII rountinue) and then throw in a couple of sets of maximum rep exercies to beyond failure.... should getcha burnin and growin

It's just your body adapting. Don't worry about it. As long as you keep getting stronger, you'll be fine.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Pretty Fly for an Old Guy W8_4_Me's Avatar
    Wanna try mine? I bet you'll feel it...

"A winner...knows how much he still has to learn, even when he is considered an expert by others; A loser...wants to be considered an expert by others, before he has even learned enough to know how little he knows." - Sydney Harris

"It takes a big man to cry, and an even BIGGER man to laugh at that man!" - Jack Handey

"It's simple. If it jiggles, it's fat." - Arnold Schwarzenegger