Thread: Tried the Katana sunday

Tried the Katana sunday

tried my new Katana Sunday for some heavy (for me anyway) bench. I was just breaking it in with some boards. I worked up to 495 x 3 on a three board with an ugly groove. I was kinda pissed so I started over with 455 off a 2 board x 3. This was much better I then worked my way back up with easy triples to 545 off a two board.This is only my second weak back in a shirt in about three months so my strength is a little down and my form sucked to start. I am also a little heavy @212 or so. But it was still a solid workout.

I was wearing a 44as (angled sleeve) the sleeves have a crazy seam on them that curves around like when you torque them. I am not sure if i like that yet or not. The material is thick and I hope it wont stretch like the nxg+ did. I will need a few more workouts in it to really find out if I like it more than the F6. I like the material but worried about those sleeves and that long seam.

Wayne
    pain is inevitable suffering is optional

www.ryanopower.com

http://www.prowriststraps.com

Wayne that a great job. I'm still yet to hear the verdict out on the katana. I've head it's got a similar groove to the F6, which is good since that's all I've used and all I know. If this is true and people seem to get a lot out of them, I may have to get me one of those Katanas.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

the katana isnt even for sale yet is it? damnit i have been getting all excited, i hope i didnt miss the release!!!
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

Yes call Ken Anderson he has them in stock Office: 972-250-4433 Mobile:469-767-3132 he will get it to you in a couple days

www.ryanopower.com

so i havent been able to get a definitive answer yet, this is like the fury and f6 right, with stronger material? will it be around the same price?
    Last edited by biggimp; 06-27-2006 at 01:06 PM.
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.

journal

Quote Originally Posted by biggimp
    so i havent been able to get a definitive answer yet, this is like the fury and f6 right, the sleeve angle is just in between those two?
    The sleeve angle depends on what one you get but they are the same as the fury and F6 (whatever you want). The seams are way different. The seam where the arm and chest plate meet are like the 2-ply's are now and the arm seams have a curve to them. They kind of wrap around the arm.

wayne

www.ryanopower.com

www.ryanopower.com

double ply is okay in usapl right?
    Rock Quotes:

journal

no only single!

www.ryanopower.com

damn so this shirt wouldnt be a go for a usapl contest...

well if i have a smaller than normal arch (2 inches maybe off the bench) would i be better off with the fury than the f6? the f6 looks like its geared more towards people with bigger arches.
    Rock Quotes:

journal

The katana is fine for USAPL it is IPF legal. I think you would be fine in the F6 style shirt. To me the made for archers thing is bs. I would however work on my arch if I were you every little bit helps.

Wayne

www.ryanopower.com

so how much do you like the katana over the f6? i think the katana might be worth it just for the fact that you said it doesnt stretch. i have used the fury maybe 6-7 times and its not nearly the "pop" it used to have.
    Rock Quotes:

journal

How tight do you wear your shirt? What is your chest and arm size and what is your shirt size?

www.ryanopower.com