Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 19, And tired of being skinny.

hey. just make sure you consistantly lift. as somebody who used to be skinny at the beginning of high school and i'm now graduating i understand what you're tryin to do. You're not gonna have to eat a ****load as some people may tell you since you're beginning. You'll notice big differences in a couple weeks by just eating a little bit more than you normally do and lift CONSISTANTLY. after a couple weeks and your body is used to it then you might wanna look in to eating a lot more and getting supplements to aid in your progress

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    You're not gonna have to eat a ****load as some people may tell you since you're beginning.
    I agree. Newbie gains are a wonderful thing.

Consistency is key. Don't take 3 month long breaks. Keep on it and stay dedicated.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Quote Originally Posted by toki
    pull your pants up.

and eat more.

It's damn hard to find pants that fit when you're that skinny, I would know. To the OP: eat! Eat everything you see, and then eat some more!

You look so sad.

Some really good advice in this thread

Really it can not be emphasized enough, eat, eat, eat, eat. Forget all you past conceptions of what it means to eat, there really is no such thing as too much food in the world of body building.

A shame all of our advice seems wasted.. he hasn't even posted a reply

Well, as with the majority of people, he probably looked at himself in the mirror one day and realized he didn't like what he saw, and decided he would do whatever it took to change it. Then when he realized it would take a ton work and dedication, he decided it wasn't worth the effort and gave up. It happens all the time. That's why there are so many people out there who are unhappy with the way they look.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofer
    Well, as with the majority of people, he probably looked at himself in the mirror one day and realized he didn't like what he saw, and decided he would do whatever it took to change it. Then when he realized it would take a ton work and dedication, he decided it wasn't worth the effort and gave up. It happens all the time. That's why there are so many people out there who are unhappy with the way they look.
    I did look at myself in the mirror one day, And I did say "I want to be just a little bit bigger so I don't look gangly."

I haven't posted a response because I've had my second session of summer school classes started and I haven't had much free time lately.

But, on the brighter side, this week I've started a 5 day work out plan.

Mondays : Chest/Bi's
    Tuesdays: Cardio
    Wens: Shoulders/Tris/Back
    Thursday: Legs/Core
    Friday: Chest/Bi's

Along with the that I've started to eat more meals about 3-5 a day, with 2 whey protien shakes thrown in at the morning, and after work outs. With suppliments of L-Glut.

And as far as pants are concerned, It is hard to find stuff that fits when you are 6'5 and have a 29 inch waist... So pants comments really don't offend me, because it's hard to find decent fiting pants/shorts.
    Last edited by DeviceX; 07-12-2006 at 01:34 AM.

And as an after thought the only day i'd consider skippin is tuesday for obvious reasons. :-p
    Last edited by DeviceX; 07-12-2006 at 01:57 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviceX
    I did look at myself in the mirror one day, And I did say "I want to be just a little bit bigger so I don't look gangly."

I haven't posted a response because I've had my second session of summer school classes started and I haven't had much free time lately.

Along with the that I've started to eat more meals about 3-5 a day, with 2 whey protien shakes thrown in at the morning, and after work outs. With suppliments of L-Glut.

And as far as pants are concerned, It is hard to find stuff that fits when you are 6'5 and have a 29 inch waist... So pants comments really don't offend me, because it's hard to find decent fiting pants/shorts.
    good luck to you man, in all seriousness. I'm only 6'1-6'2 and not looking gangly is proving to be harder than expected...even after gaining ~30lbs (25ish of that muscle) over the last 4 months people tell me I look better - but still skinny. It's going to be a long road, just keep on track with your diet and supplements and gains will come. Don't get discouraged, just think about how much more impressive when you are built on a 6'5 frame.

Okay, but you should know that your routine sucks. Why are you hitting chest and biceps twice a week and everything else once? If you want to hit everything twice, do an upper/lower split. I also wouldn't recommend three straight days of lifting when you're just a beginner. There are a ton of good routines out there. You definitely aren't ready to customize your own.

good luck diviceX, theres alot of people on here that wana help you reach your goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofer
    Okay, but you should know that your routine sucks. Why are you hitting chest and biceps twice a week and everything else once? If you want to hit everything twice, do an upper/lower split. I also wouldn't recommend three straight days of lifting when you're just a beginner. There are a ton of good routines out there. You definitely aren't ready to customize your own.
    I do chest bi's monday friday, because On monday I have limited time to work out on monday. About 20 mins, after warming up. So Monday doesn't really count imo.

I'm not a beginner either, I've had alot of work out due to basketball camp, and all that. This is rather laxed considered what I used to do for basketball.

..... blah blah blah

After:

Any comments, or suggestions are welcome!
    Well it has been over one month! Decided to take a look at this post, and take some pictures today.

Have had that much to pinch off since I was a wee lad! haha. I've gained about 11 lbs this month! Not too shabby!

I'd do a wheels shot, but currently my legs are a hairy forest that I'm nairing tomorrow. So i'll hook that one up then.

Here's to seeing what next month looks like!

Banned
    Just curious...what's your diet look like? From one really skinny guy to another.

You do look a little bit bigger. Not bad for only a month!
    Last edited by wdjuqi; 08-04-2006 at 08:33 PM.

I can definately see some size in your delts/traps.. awesome work!
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 205

Keep up the awesome work man. I see a big improvement since the last pictures.

Your body is beginning to fill out. You should be proud.. Don't stop tho, now you have to work that much harder.

I really am sick of wanting to be skinny....

Anywho, nice work so far

Just keep on keepin on and before you know it you'll be 185-200lbs working on your first cut.

Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL

Anywho, nice work so far

Just keep on keepin on and before you know it you'll be 185-200lbs working on your first cut.
    ^^^

I remember when I was a 145 saying I want to get up to 180 and then I'll be happy, now I'm 210 and still going.
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 205

Great job on the weight gain. There's a big difference there and you've only gained 11lbs.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Banned
    I can see you'll eventually turn into a monster. You have wide shoulders and a small waist. You gained weight, some of it is muscle and some of it is fat, try not to get too much fat though, although it is true that you can burn it later, and bulk up first, but I've seen too many people bulk up, get fat and big, then when they try to cut up, for whatever reason, they can't get rid of all the fat, sometimes is best to gain muscle gradually, without gaining any fat, in my opinion. Work out high intensity style, go real heavy, with good form, dude I wish I could train you, I would train you for free and turn you into a beast, strong , powerful and big. Good luck bro...

Banned
    i can defiantley see the progess!!

hey, gratz on the 11 pounds keep it up, i had the same prob about 3 months ago, just keep eating and lifting, and wbb1 did wounders for me give it a try
    ~gus
    goin for 200-210

Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL

Anywho, nice work so far

People cut at that weight? Are you bullsh*tting me?

Good progress so far man!

11 lbs is a lot in just over a month! With your 6'5" frame it's not going to show up THAT much, but there is some noticeable difference in your arm thickness, delts, and traps. Keep at it and you'll be non-skinny soon enough, which will look real impressive on a 6'5 guy!
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle