Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 19, And tired of being skinny.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey66
    ^^^

I remember when I was a 145 saying I want to get up to 180 and then I'll be happy, now I'm 210 and still going.
    I remember when I was 185 and wanted to be 165. Then someone told me that if I wanted to look ripped (because I was very misinformed) that I would have to gain lots of weight so I would have muscle. I bulked to 230 then cut down to 200 and now I feel like a weak sumbiatch.

OP: Congrats on gaining some mass. Keep on truckin' along. Believe me, it's worth it!
    Last edited by sharkall2003; 08-10-2006 at 09:03 AM.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofer
    Dude, it's not that difficult to figure out.

700ml of milk=~450 calories
    2 scoops whey protein=~220 calories
    100g of oats=~350 calories
    4 tablespoons peanut butter=~400 calories

And Ta-DA...

Total=~1420 calories
    So how fast do you drink this? I picked up the ingredients tonight and made it, and its a lot more than I expected. very filling too. im on my second glass and i feel like i cant drink any more.. i guess cus im so skinny. it's almost like 3-4 shakes isnt it?
    Last edited by Yah Yah; 09-27-2006 at 07:50 PM.

Personally I don't use that much milk. I use about 400-500 ml. The rest is pretty much the same, though. If you leave the blender on to the "liquid" setting for quite a while (or whatever the highest is on your blender) the shake won't even be that thick.

And I drink it in one sitting. Sometimes I just chug it all back. I don't even pour it into a glass anymore. I just drink it straight out of the blender (hey, why get two things dirty?).

So yeah, if you don't use as much milk it'll be easier to get it all down at once.

That face will turn into a confident one in a matter of months. Follow what everyone has told you and you will succeed. Take a look at this quick:
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=73973

That was me in your position when I started. Now look at my avatar.
    Good luck.
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

9 months-20lb gains! (2005 Newbie gains)-A bit of motivation for beginners

August 2008 Progress Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Yah Yah
    So how fast do you drink this? I picked up the ingredients tonight and made it, and its a lot more than I expected. very filling too. im on my second glass and i feel like i cant drink any more.. i guess cus im so skinny. it's almost like 3-4 shakes isnt it?
    I went and bought myself a great big cup, that I pour it all into. That way, you dont think of it as 1, 2 or 3 glasses, but as one big shake. For some reason it's easier to drink that way. Takes me about 10-15 mins to drink my home made shake.
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

9 months-20lb gains! (2005 Newbie gains)-A bit of motivation for beginners

August 2008 Progress Pics