The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    The Fog sucked IMO.. Superman was great saw it the other night. Not too shabby, didn't discuss enough about Krypton though, my friends didn't understand that point.

Quote Originally Posted by jordonwuff
    The Fog sucked IMO.. Superman was great saw it the other night. Not too shabby, didn't discuss enough about Krypton though, my friends didn't understand that point.
    Yeah, that footage was cut at the last minute. It was actually the intro to the movie. I'm assuming it will be available either as a "lost scene" on the DVD, or as part of an "extended edition" that no doubt will be released at some point.

Shows his ship searching a large chunk of Krypton for signs of life, shows him creating his ship, etc.
    "We could put his leg in a vice-grip, but you & I together couldn't twist his ankle enough to sprain it"
    - Jerry Glanville discussing Barry Sanders

They probably cut that footage out because even as large as the gap is between movies, it is still a sequel. There is really no point to start the story from the beginning, besides brief highlights, unless they just want to appeal to young kids or adults that have never seen the first movies.

Iron4Life
    Sorry for being Negative... but here goes..
    I went to see with a group of folks.. comic and non-comic fans..
    Not a single one gave it an A rating...
    2 Bs, 2 Cs, 3 Ds and 3 Fs..

Special Effects.. Awesome
    Plot.. OK to bad.. there was no need to bring Smoking, Drinking, illigetimate children, a superboy, or extra-martial affairs into the Superman plot line
    Directing... Sucked.. at least 45 minutes too long, dragged.. and many scenes were pointless.. Singer should be ashamed.. especially since he is supposed to be a comic fan. So much potential.. and he ruined it. Ang Lee did better with THe Hulk - and that was bad enough.
    Superman Acting - good
    Lois Acting - SUCKED!!!
    Luthor - OK
    Luthor Girlfriend - SUCKED!! Read the comics.. enough said.
    Luthor's Goons - REALLY SUCKED!! Talk about unbelievable!! Worst then those 60's Batman goons.. I was expecting bubbles to pop up with *BAM* and *POW* when they threw punches.

SPOILER Warning!!! Don't read if you want to be surprised by the movie!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    And there were a number of Plot/Action holes...
    #1 had to be the other crystals falling into the ocean/water... why wasn't there and even larger mass creation??
    #2.. Superman can't do SH_T when he is near Kyptonite.. so his saving the planet from the land mass was BS
    #3.. The land mass being thrown to outspace... NOT very intelligent.. what about the HUGE hole in the ocean floor??? Remember, the mass had to be created with the mass that was already on Earth... it wasn't made out of NOTHING!!
    #4.. Superman tearing off the airplane wing.. come on!!! He would have saved the plane the exact same way he saved the Shuttle.. by flying underneath it!!! And if he can fly at supersonic speed.. why the heck did he take so long to catch up to the plane??? And take so long to stop it on the decent?? Was that plane heavier then the land mass???

I love how your spoiler warning comes after you gave away one of the key points in the plot.

P.S.: itís a comic book movie; you are putting way too much thought into something so meaningless.

.::.:::...:.:..:::::.::.. : Thexile's Avatar
    Why did he rescue Lois and her husband and his kid from the sinking ship by lifting the entire ship from the ocean. he could've just opened the door and grabbed them... idiot.
    nemo me impune lacessit

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thexile
    Why did he rescue Lois and her husband and his kid from the sinking ship by lifting the entire ship from the ocean. he could've just opened the door and grabbed them... idiot.
    What's the point in having superpowers if you don't show them off? It's like asking a bodybuilder to not flex when picking up a piece of paper, or like asking him to not stick out his ass when he ties his shoes. If you got it and it's good/hot, flaunt it!
    Last edited by TwiloMike; 07-06-2006 at 10:30 AM.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Quote Originally Posted by Thexile
    LOL my problem with that scene was that he lifts the boat up and then let goes of it while standing on it in order to open the door. When you let go of things... they drop back down (but apparently not in this movie). I personally don't care much about supposed plot holes that have to do with science or that sort of stuff because if someone can have super powers then a lot of physics and stuff goes out the window anyway.

Overall I'd give it a B+ rating as it was very entertaining. I personally thought the acting was excellent but that's just me...
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

I was very impressed with the movie. Acutally, I was very impressed with Superman's acting. I was skeptical about this considering he was a Calvin Cline model. But, he pulled off his geeky-strut well.

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilsterT
    I was very impressed with the movie. Acutally, I was very impressed with Superman's acting. I was skeptical about this considering he was a Calvin Cline model. But, he pulled off his geeky-strut well.
    Calvin Klein.

Many of today's actors and actresses started out as models.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic
    I really enjoyed the film, for multiple reasons. I give it a very strong B+.
    Isn't a very strong B+ an A-?
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Quote Originally Posted by -TIM-
    Isn't a very strong B+ an A-?
    Or is a Weak A- a strong B+ ..... I guess we shall never know.

I am going to go see it again tonight, thought I would give it a second chance, I am hoping I see somthing I didn't the first time I saw it in terms of story, plot and acting.

I enjoyed it even more the 2nd time....wasn't so anxious for the next action sequence. It really is a heartwarming film, to me. I can see where young folks might need their MTV mega-quick edit fix. I thought it was a very classy film.

******* POTENTIAL SPOILERS BELOW *******

1) I don't think the crystals aren't in the water, think they're on New Krypton, which was growing upwards underneath the boat/plane, etc.

2) New Krypton is in space with (or without) the crystals, and is still growing. This can be used for all sorts of creative things, Brainiac, Bizarro, etc. Or, it may be saved for a different sequel. Or, it may never be used at all.

3) someone, somewhere now has a sample of Superman's blood (DNA?) It was all over the very last shard of Kryptonite removed from Supe's body while in the hospital. This could be used in the next film. Or saved for a different film. Or not at all. But the option is still there!

4) Superman always leaves one hand on the boat, I believe.

5) Superman gets a recharge from the sun, and it STILL takes everything he has just to throw a chunk of rock into space. And then he almost DIES. Sounds pretty deadly to me. And pretty inspiring.

6) think of the sequel possibilities. The kid may barely figure in AT ALL, or, he could die, leaving Superman alone again. Superman may face the choice of saving Lois or the kid, and only being able to choose one. The kid could be turned AGAINST Superman. Lois could die, and generate a new dynamic.

There are so many ways Singer can make the next film cool, and we won't have to fiddle-around with so much explanation & re-introduction. Maybe I'm guilty of being overly-amped about the next one.
    "We could put his leg in a vice-grip, but you & I together couldn't twist his ankle enough to sprain it"
    - Jerry Glanville discussing Barry Sanders

Yeah he didnt let go of the boat. He let the boyfriend be the partial hero, and only held onto them with the one arm while holding the boat with the other.

The movie was awesome. I was surprised at its length, though. Almost 3 hours!

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083