Thread: The Smashing Machine

The Smashing Machine

Just found some Mark Kerr highlights. This guy was a beast when in his prime.

Mark Kerr Highlights
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

The guys a beast. What ever happened to him?
    6'2 206

omg after watching just a couple of secs of that guys fights I would know exactly what to expect when he comes at me.

Entertaining. I love his face when the video ends, his mouth looks way oversized for his head, heh. Guy is DEFINITELY a beast, a huge bulldog.
    Scars are tatoos with better stories.

Banned
    Knowing what to expect and stopping it are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutz981
    Knowing what to expect and stopping it are two different things.
    Thats true but once you know what to expect all you have to do is know how to stop it

There's a DVD documentary on him called "The Smashing Machine". He kind of fades out at the end of his career due to a pain killer addiction and rocky relationship with his girlfriend. He makes one last run at MMA in a Pride tournament, but falls short. Not sure after that.

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

I think he may be trying a comeback. I could be wrong though.
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

Method are you suggesting you could take him?

I bet he would of made an awsome linebacker
    Last edited by Jinkies; 07-04-2006 at 05:58 PM.

wooh wooh wooh I am in no way saying i can take that guy I'm simply saying if someone were to have a bout with him they could study his fights and see a consistency. It's what boxers do they watch eachothers fights to see if thier is a consistency or other things that they can use to thier advantage. Once you notice something you can have practice bouts with someone you train with were they do the same move and find ways to counter it.

Anyways this guy has far more fighting experience then me and would whoop my ass bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by method115
    Anyways this guy has far more fighting experience then me and would whoop my ass bottom line.
    That and he's 6'3", 255 lbs at what looks like 10% bf. Make for one big bad ass fighter.

When I hear fighters talk about imposing their will on their opponent, this is the fighter I think of.

Stats

I could be wrong but in the smashing machine i'm sure he gets knocked out by some fat overweight russian bloke!! Looks like someone who just walked in off the street, quite bizarre!

ivan vovchanich something. that guy is awesome, dont judge a book by its cover, also fujita makes short work of kerr.
    Last edited by JHolmes145; 07-07-2006 at 08:42 PM.
    to sculpt you must first have concrete
    You are only as stong as your weakest joint

What a pump after watching that video (and I've got the Smashing machine at home...lol)....

Makes me love the fight game even more...LOL.... He was/is a beast...

Peace out...