Thread: Nation prepares to remember 7/7

Nation prepares to remember 7/7

"A two-minute silence is among public and private events to mark the first anniversary of the London bombings. "

'The UK is preparing to mark the first anniversary of the London bombings that claimed 52 lives and injured hundreds.

At 0850 BST - when bombs on three Underground trains went off - flowers will be laid at King's Cross station, near the scene of one of the attacks.

At midday, a two-minute silence will be observed across the country, including Wimbledon and other events.

A public ceremony will be held later in Regent's Park, with readings and a recital of the names of the dead.

The commemoration comes as Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair gives a firm warning that London must expect another attack.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5153678.stm
    I'm not moaning, i'm having an opinion.

Bespoke Super Mod
    There was phenomenal amount of police at all underground stations this morning when I used the underground to get to work.

I'm not sure how many people will actually observe the two minute silence though.
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

"Fran is a double-hard bastard"- Clint Brewer 31/12/02

Banned
    people die every day.

Quote Originally Posted by toki
    people die every day.
    Nice contribution arsehole

Combat Infantryman
    Ban him.

Salute, Britain.
    U.S. Army Infantry
    Eastern Michigan University Eagle

Banned
    allow me to bring the big picture in to this...

150,000+ people die every day.

at the going rate of 2 minutes per 52 people...we need 5769.9 minutes of silence every day to remember our fallen.

really, im not an *******...just over the whole random memorial thing, it's kind of insulting to the really horribly tragic things that go on every day around the word but get not even a mention.
    Last edited by toki; 07-07-2006 at 01:44 AM.

at the going rate of 2 minutes per 52 people...we need 5769.9 minutes of silence every day to remember our fallen.

really, im not an *******...just over the whole random memorial thing, it's kind of insulting to the really horribly tragic things that go on every day around the word but get not even a mention.
    That is not the point and you know it. You're out to cause offence. If i came on here and said the same blunt original comment on the Twin towers, i'd be kicked off in a shot.

Banned
    not by me you wouldn't. if the mods are sensative to fact thats their own deal.

It's a remembrance thread, not a chance for you too cause offence with your badly-timed, blunt opinions.
    Last edited by J450n; 07-07-2006 at 01:55 AM.

Banned
    DAMN! I missed the two minute silence......it's later than I thought. o well, I am on my own in the house so I wasn't making sound anyway.

toki your totally out of line.

52 people were murdered for the crime of existing. I think 2 minutes of silence is in order.

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    I watched some coverage of the preparations in Britain this morning. My condolences to Londoners. I was in NYC on 9/11.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."