The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Deadlift, Squat, and Bench Vids from Stump!!

Hey guys, i finally took my camera in to take some videos for you all, 2 deadlift videos, 2 squat form checks, and a bench press form check..

405 x 4 Sumo Deads - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-4A5oT-HPc
    405 x 1 SLDL - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MarocLe905o
    Full Squat Form (my hams touch my calfs) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LRAQU6pm2Q
    Powerlifting Squat Form - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7TdlTXmUi8
    Bench Press Form (205 x 6) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPAJPxbxwic

comments or w/e, dont rip me up to much..

i think im gonna go eat after how pathetic i look
    2000 or bust

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

you are one strong dude! NICE! GREAT SIZE TO YOU!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

dude that 405 x 4 is awesome! Is it me or does the bar wiggle quite a lot when u were doing them?
    and u dont look small man. but go and eat anyway! peanut butter sandwiches and a pint of milk to wash it down. mmmmm ive alredy had 2-3 pints of milk today, with 4-5 peanut butter sandwiches mmmmm
    Last edited by Goodwinm; 06-30-2006 at 08:54 AM.
    My Journal

Squat: 150kg (330lbs) Raw- 31.01.14
    Deadlift: 180kg x 3 (396lbs) Raw - 14.12.13
    Bench: 110kg (242lbs) Raw - 29.01.14
    Barbell Military Press: 85kg (187lbs) Raw- 31.01.14
    Barbell Push Press: 100kg (220lbs) Raw- 31.01.14

Strong....nice lifts.
    Long signatures SUCK.

~Nico

Banned
    Hey rob finally got some vids up nice job.
    My take:
    I'll let other people take care of the deads as I'm not a good deadlifter.

Shoulder width squats. Looked good.
    Sumo stance squats: I don't think you hit parrallel.

And the bench looked good.

Edit: As a matter of curiosity. What kind of camera were you using?
    Last edited by Gutz981; 06-30-2006 at 08:59 AM.

i dont think the sumo squats hav to hit parlell to stand in compeition. or maybe im mistaken. but yes sumos weere close but i dont think they did go parlell.
    My Journal

thank you all, i know its very close but i wasnt streched out enough to hit parallel, next time!

kyle uhh its a HP 635 photosmart or some ****, the sound blows but the videos are perfect for lifting, drumming on the other hand is a no no.
    2000 or bust

Nice lifting, those pulls are awesome! And you definately don't look small, your thighs look massive.

A few notes about form... I couldn't really tell from the angle, but it looked like your back was rounded just a tad in the deadlifts(it might not be). You might want to use a bigger arch on your bench presses, other than that your form looks great.
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow...Repeat

thanks meat, i actually use no arch at all, it bothers me, so standard with a wide grip and pauses shall do! my back rounds a little on SLDL's, it always does, but it doesnt hurt me or anything so i guess im ok.
    2000 or bust

Weird that no one once stated how much you were wiggling throughout the sumo deads. At one point it looked like your leg came off the floor to help the bar up and you can see your foot coming off the floor slightly bc of it. And you also looked very shaky through that lift.
    The SLDL would have been better to comment on if we had a side view, it looked okay to me as far as I could see.
    Squats looked decent, nice depth and form!
    Bench looked okay from what I could see, again, not the best angle.

Your strong and very nice size at your age. Keep it up dude!

Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

actually i was fine with the sumos, im still getting use to them, i stalled in between rep 3-4 because of what you said, it wiggled to the side, its alot of weight to keep straight lol. thanks for the input though, deadlifting is natural to me and i was able to do 315 when i started lol.

i hope to buy a mass stack from chris and really bulk HARD for 2 months, ill get pretty hefty around the mid section and my ass will be even fatter but its all good, it doesnt matter to me anymore cutting is easy.
    Last edited by Stumprrp; 06-30-2006 at 10:47 AM.
    2000 or bust

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Nice size and strength brother.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

thanks Mitch.

I NEED MORE GOD DAMN SIZE THOUGH!!!

*runs to the fridge for milk*

hehe, im going out with some friends tonight and getting a 1 lb burger called "tons of fun" from the cheesecake factory.
    2000 or bust

wait till you reach 21 you'll be a monster, doing very well.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Stumprrp
    thanks Mitch.

I NEED MORE GOD DAMN SIZE THOUGH!!!

*runs to the fridge for milk*

hehe, im going out with some friends tonight and getting a 1 lb burger called "tons of fun" from the cheesecake factory.
    mmmm 1lb burgers are gooooooooooooooooooood!
    2lb burgers are even better tho........

Good way to get size and on the cheap.
    Invest in some sweet ass mince! get a burger shape plastic thing, mash the mince in and make ur own burgers. Cook them on a geaorge foreman or a normal grill. I did that and made some sweet burgers. (altho my plastic mince holder only did 1/4 pounder burgers
    beats paying £2+ for heavy burgers
    Last edited by Goodwinm; 06-30-2006 at 11:37 AM.
    My Journal

thanks GF, i hope to do well with weightlifting, even more so on this summer bulk.

mike - yeah man, my mom wants to go get a grill ASAP, it will be sweet for cooking lots of meat.
    2000 or bust

Gonadius Maximus
    Nice job. Are you lefthanded? I ask because you don't seem centered on the bar.

no im a righty, on the last rep of the deads the bar swayed i guess lol.
    2000 or bust

I think form and strength is very good (I only watched the squats and bench). But if that's as low as you can go for a full squat I would suggest working on flexibility and continue practicing the movement to get more ROM (if an ATF squat is part of your goals).

At 16 you've got some great strength and tons of potential bro, keep it up.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

thanks, i can usually get lower i gotta strech and do some heavy sets to get really streched out, however atf squats well, i dont really care parallel is good enough for me lol, thanks man.
    2000 or bust

Your form on the sumo deads was off, it seemed like you were kind of forcing the last reps. Dont let the weights crash off the ground, let them just touch and then go back up.

Full squat stance was ace, but you werent parallel on the sumos... dont know how that would work in a meet, just saying it was close but just not there.

Bench looked good. The SLDL looked good, save maybe when you were locking it out... looked like it was shimming up your left leg.

Nice vids though, and you have decent size. You dont look like you weight 200lbs so that tells you your carrying good mass.

brandon - yeah, the sumos well im not really smashing it its just 405 lbs lol, the sldl was very hard to lock out, i didnt take a rest between those and the deads lol. yeah on teh sumo squats i wasnt parallel, i wasnt off by much at all, but i was about 2 inches high. thanks dude.
    2000 or bust

Okay dude, you are very strong. Good job.

A couple things:
    the first vid -sumo deads: you have got to get your butt down. You were essentially performing them stiff-legged. You need to get that butt down so you can sit back more. In fact, on the last one it actually pulled you forward -not good. You need to sit back with your butt down and your head up. Never look down at the bar.

the second vid -405x1 SLDL
    That whole lift was jacked. You rounded your back and hitched the weight up. You simply need to back off the weight there.

3rd vid -squat
    Awesome squats.

4th vid -power lifting squats
    First, get that bar down lower on your traps, widen your stance and get down below parallel. Those would not pass in a comp, not even close.

The bench looked good.

Again, this is constructive criticism, you're doing well. Keep it up.

Awesome strength. Take HeavyBomber's advice to help reduce chance of injury so you can keep lifting heavy and gaining. Keep up the hard work, it's paying off.
    Scars are tatoos with better stories.

heavy - thanks for the advice, lol a PT at my gym told me the same thing awhile ago about my ass, i will try. on the stifflegs, ill also try to get better form on those, ive pulled 405 numerous times but i guess this time was real bad. thanks again.

nosaj - thanks man
    2000 or bust