The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Banned

going big with car detailing business...tips

hey guys, im looking for tips on how to create and market my business. next spring, im thinking about taking it from my garage to an actual building, but first i need help creating a client base and advertising tips.

im ordering new business cards, full color and UV coated, which i think should help get some business. based on the quality of the cards, people should be pretty suprised at the professionalism of them, and atleast peak their interest.
    what are some other good advertising ideas?

also, about creating a website, whats the cheapest way to get webspace and a domain name? i can create the sites, just getting them online is somewhat difficult.

anyways, anyone have some tips on starting a business, advertising tips and how to get a good client base going?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    talk to someone that operates an actual business in your area (not a competitor, but something similar)

no substitute for actual advice from an actual business owner

Wannabebig Member
    Check out http://www.autopia.org/ . Lots of good reading.
    Mark

Banned
    i already post there....right now im working on making my website

want to make it good, and i got some time so i might as well.

Simplistic
    A website won't do you any good if nobody knows who you are. You need to get connected to some sort of search service that will generate traffic.

Have you talked with your local yellow pages? Yellow page advertising can be very effective, but it is also very expensive.

Also, you need to determine what sort of clientel you are after.

The best way to get business is to get out and see the people. Visit used car lots and offer your services to detail trade ins, drop flyers on people's cars in parking lots. Hit up car clubs, and network at car shows. Pretty much anywhere there are cars. Have a goal of giving your card to 20 people a day, and always dress and look professional and be well groomed. Once you start getting results your business will have a snowball effect and you won't have to put as much into advertising. This is assuming you do good work.

Banned
    neil, the purpose of the website is to put the link to it on my business card, which i intend on giving to anyone and everyone. the website will have information about me, as well as a gallery of the cars ive detailed so people know what to expect.

if i could id like to make it so people can make an appointment with me right online, but thats a ways down the way.

Simplistic
    I have my website on my card and in my experience it has not generated any traffic.

Banned
    yes but for waht business?

when i hand my card out, i can tell people to go to the website to see examples of my work, as well as get more information about my pricing etc.

Simplistic
    I own a carpet cleaning business, so it's along the same lines. I was expecting the same thing, with pictures of my work and whatnot, but so far it hasn't really done anything for me.

Banned
    well its worth a try, maybe you just smell funny :P