Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Booyah

Booyah

Hi. Decided to make a journal to track my progress.

I am a solid 6' without shoes, and when I started was 144 pounds, that was about a month and a half ago, I now weight 154. I weigh myself in the morning after peeing in my boxers, so I like to think my weight's pretty accurate now. I'm still fiddling with my routine. I haven't deadlifted because I'm very wary of my form and need to get that hammered out before I get to those.

my goal is to make a lean 175, and we'll see how I feel about myself at that point (i've gotta get there first). A lot of people my height on this board seem to be going for 200+ but i'm not going for mass so much as strength/pound ratio and I want to increase my verticle to at least 30 inches with no step in it. The most my vert's ever been was 24 inches, so I have some work to do there.

my diet is like this, pretty much in this order:
    -2 packets of oatmeal
    -PB and J sandwich and fruit
    -lunch consisting of usually chicken/beef and rice, or some pasta, also along with fruit
    -another sandwich and fruit
    -dinner usually consisting of something similar to lunch since my lunch is usually the previous night's dinner
    -and then to top it off I take a 1000 cal shake of N-large 2.

On workout days I drink 3 scoops of ON whey after my workout.

my current workout:

day 1: chest and bi's
    -3 sets bench press
    -3 sets incline dumbell press
    -2 sets hammer curls
    -3 sets preacher curls
    -3 sets with the rope on the cable (i really don't know how to describe this one)

day 2: shoulder's and tris
    -3 sets dumbell shoulder press
    -3 sets cable crossover pulls
    (I would like to do more for shoulder, however last summer I finally went to the doctor over shoulder pain and it turned out it was rotator cuff related, front dumbell raises is something I cannot do whatsoever)
    -3 sets rope pull downs
    -3 sets triangle bar pull down
    -3 sets dumbell behind the head skullcrushers

day 3: legs and back
    - 2 sets chinups
    - 3 sets pulldowns
    - 3 sets rows
    - 3 sets of either leg press or squats (I can never seem to do both in the same workout)
    - 3 sets in the thing where you lay down and fold your legs up
    - 3 sets seated calf raises

thats the workout, with 1-2 days rest in between. Feel free to comment, criticize, suggest, or ask questions.

thanks
    Last edited by booyah; 02-03-2007 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by booyah View Post
    I weigh myself in the morning after peeing in my boxers....
    That's not a good idea. You should really consider house training.
    :P J/K

maybe some deadlifts in that leg routine?

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    You need to know EXACTLY what you are eating brother. Calories to the T,Protein,Fat,Carbs.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

my workout for yesterday(1-24-07)

bench press:
    10X 115 lbs
    8X 125 lbs
    5X 140 lbs

incline DB's:
    10X 45's
    8X 50's
    6X 55's

hammer curls:
    10X 25 lb DB's
    8X 30 lbs DB's

preacher's:
    10x bar+30 lbs
    7x bar+ 35 lbs
    7x bar+ 35 lbs
    (I messed these up by doing too much to begin with)

curls with the rope on the cable
    10x 60
    8x 70
    5x 80
    (I think I should have dropped weight)

my weight the day after was 154 lbs on the dot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatred View Post
    You need to know EXACTLY what you are eating brother. Calories to the T,Protein,Fat,Carbs.
    thanks for the suggestion. I haven't had time to sit down and go through all this and probably won't until I hit a wall and need to figure out what's stopping me.

It isn't a suggestion. It's a law of bodybuilding and gaining weight.
    What will be stopping you will be that your diet aint right. You can plow through this blindly and hope that **** works or you can do it the right way right from the beginning and save yourself some time and gain much needed experience.
    www.fitday.com
    enter everything you eat right now honestly.

What's your cue that you need to eat?
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatred View Post
    It isn't a suggestion. It's a law of bodybuilding and gaining weight.
    What will be stopping you will be that your diet aint right. You can plow through this blindly and hope that **** works or you can do it the right way right from the beginning and save yourself some time and gain much needed experience.
    www.fitday.com
    enter everything you eat right now honestly.

What's your cue that you need to eat?
    hi. thanks for the advice, i'll consider it. i've used fitday for a while now but typically stick to counting cals and protein in my head.

2nd off day for me, will be in the gym on friday doin legs and back.

weighed in at 154.2 lbs

was in class for 10 hours yesterday and didn't felt like i ate enough, though I was 154.4 today. I'll upate after my legs/back workout.

my gym was closed yesterday at 7 pm for some reason and I showed at 7:15, I think I may do shoulder's, tri's and back today, legs tomorrow, and then chest and bi's on tuesday.

edit:

back from gym. I am kind of unsatisfied with my back workout as of now, and same with shoulders. I just don't feel they are enough. anyways, these were my lifts today:

shoulders:
    seated DB shoulder press
    9x 40 lbs
    8x 40 lbs
    7x 45 lbs

I thought I would be able to go with 40's, 45's, and then finish on 50's. but the forties on my first set were not good. next time I need to get my first set jitters out on 35's. I really want to do 50's though next time, i will need a spot though.

cable crossover pulls:
    10x 15 lbs
    8x 20 lbs
    6x 22.5 lbs

back:
    seated cable rows:
    10x 100 lbs
    8x 120 lbs
    6x 130 lbs

these felt amazingly good, at first i thought I was doing them wrong because i don't normally do these much.

pulldowns:
    9x 105 lbs
    8x 105 lbs
    6x 110 lbs.

I really need to do something about these, I feel horrible doing pulldowns and i'm not sure why, I am horrible at pullups and i think that is the problem, from now on i will try and use the pull up machine instead of pulldowns, once I can nail out pullups better, i'll use the pulldown machine.

tri's:
    rope pulldown:
    10x 60 lbs
    8x 70 lbs
    6x 80 lbs

triangle bar pulldown:
    10x 60 lbs
    8x 90 lbs
    6x 100 lbs

(my tri workout was excellent today, although I can't quite remember my numbers for the triangle bar pulldowns so i think these might be higher than what i actualyl did, workout was great though)
    Last edited by booyah; 01-27-2007 at 04:34 PM.

didn't quite eat enough last night i weighe din at 153.8 this morning. today i will focus on resting and eating well and doing my homework lol. tomorrow will hope to do chest, bi's, and legs.

Welcome to journal-land. You'll do a great job, if you keep at it. Look forward to seeing if you improve your lifts tomorrow.

Keep eatin'
    Want to be big? READ WBB ARTICLES!
    Deads 06 245...07 375...08 565---- Squat 2006 175.....2007 315----2008 505----Bench '06 155.....'07 260....'08 385---- weight - 260
    Goals:
    (11-08)Hit 1450 geared (class III - 600/500/350) current - 1455 geared
    Journal - Pics - ...9

stepped on the scale this mornign and low and behold i was 152.8 lbs. needless to say i'm heading to the kitchen about now to stuff my face.

Good luck stuffing (as I chug my second weight gainer shake of the day)

Just got back from the gym. I got home at 8 pm from school and my gym closes at 9 so I only had an hour to workout.

My buddy was sick so he didn't come with, and I have never benched without a spotter and mentally that just got me down. so my bench suffered. and then by the time i finished bi's i didn't have much time left in the gym to do legs so i could only do leg press and calves =/ but here is the log.

chest:
    bench press
    10x 115 lbs
    8x 125 lbs
    6x 135 lbs

biceps:
    hammer DB curls
    10x 25 lbs each
    8x 30 lbs each (was not happy with form here)

preacher curls (weight not including bar, not each arm either lol)
    10x 20 lbs
    8x 30 lbs
    6x 35 lbs

cabled rope curls
    10x 50 lbs
    8x 60 lbs
    6x 70 lbs

legs
    leg press:
    10x 180 lbs
    8x 230 lbs
    7x 270 lbs

seated calf raises:
    10x 90 lbs
    10x 90 lbs
    10x 90 lbs

overall not a great workout but decent. I was happy that I can actually bench on my own and want to build up my confidence so i can do it alone.

my bicep workout felt really good, although next time I hope to increase bench and preacher curl numbers.

for calves i tried something different. Normally, when I use the seated calf machine, I pause at the apex of the exercise, and when I go down I sort of bounce back up. this time, I went down, paused, went up, and paused. The difference was night and day. The burn in my calves was horrible (in a good way!) so from now on i'll do them like that.

now to go eat dinner and my protein shake!

weighed in at 155 lbs this morning, but might have had to do a number 2, so true weight is probably 154.5

edit: went to the bathroom, now i'm 154.4. time to EAT today!
    Last edited by booyah; 01-30-2007 at 11:13 AM.

Your workouts are crap and lack planning. Your "counting cals in your head isn't working or you wouldn't lose weight.

shoulders:
    seated DB shoulder press
    9x 40 lbs
    8x 40 lbs
    7x 45 lbs

ONE exercise for shoulders?

cable crossover pulls:
    10x 15 lbs
    8x 20 lbs
    6x 22.5 lbs

back:
    seated cable rows:
    10x 100 lbs
    8x 120 lbs
    6x 130 lbs

pulldowns:
    9x 105 lbs
    8x 105 lbs
    6x 110 lbs.
    ...but three exercises for back?....
    tri's:
    rope pulldown:
    10x 60 lbs
    8x 70 lbs
    6x 80 lbs

triangle bar pulldown:
    10x 60 lbs
    8x 90 lbs
    6x 100 lbs

and two for tris?
    You have to stretch yourself out of your comfort zone to grow in any aspect of your life.
    Try WBB1 for a routine.
    try sitting down and planning a diet for your bodyweight.
    If you aren't consistent every single day you've got nothing.

Woke up this morning and noticed stretchmarks around my armpit areas. =/

I'll try and get in the gym tomorrow for shoulder's and tri's as thursdays are no good for me.

Wannabebig New Member
    How old are you???

im 19 years young

weighed in at 155.6 today...god these fluctuations are killing me! want to go to gym for shoulder's and tri's.

not a bad workout today, my tri's felt good.

shoulders:
    seated DB shoulder press
    10x 35 lbs
    8x 40 lbs
    8x 40 lbs
    6x 45 lbs

I am not read for 50's yet, my left shoulder had trouble keeping up today and it really threw off my form.

cable crossover pulls:
    10x 15 lbs
    8x 20 lbs
    6x 22.5 lbs

same as last time.

back:

tri's:
    rope pulldown:
    10x 60 lbs
    8x 70 lbs
    6x 80 lbs

same as last time, I didn't really feel like my tri's got worked from these though

triangle bar pulldown:
    10x 75 lbs
    8x 90 lbs
    6x 100 lbs

stepped up the warmup set, REALLY felt a good burn from these

one DB skull crushers (no idea what to call them)
    10x 45 lb DB
    8x 50lb DB
    6x 55lb DB

overall, felt good, and thought I looked a little bigger. now resting till sat/sunday for legs and back.

booyah, I'm glad you're enjoying your workouts. they look like a lot of fun. As long as you keep lifting heavy, compound movements, along with eating a lot, you'll grow.

What are your opinions on deads, squats, bench, bb row, and bb military press? Those are my favorite lifts!

Look forward to hearing your opinion.
    Want to be big? READ WBB ARTICLES!
    Deads 06 245...07 375...08 565---- Squat 2006 175.....2007 315----2008 505----Bench '06 155.....'07 260....'08 385---- weight - 260
    Goals:
    (11-08)Hit 1450 geared (class III - 600/500/350) current - 1455 geared
    Journal - Pics - ...9

notes for saturday: do SQUATS and some oblique exercises.

weighed in at 157.2