Thread: BGB routine question

BGB routine question

I was wanting to start using this routine but I don't know what to reaplce hammer high rows with I was wondering what would be a good replacement for it.

I only have free weights and a bench, that has a pad for preacher curls to.

Also I was wondering how to do lying pullovers? Are they the same thing as pullovers?

Thanks ahead of time.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Any type of pullup or lat pulldown is adequate.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

ah cool thanks.

Hey I've got a BGB/WBB question. Is BGB and WBB1 good for toning? I mean, I do want to improve in numbers and weights, but at the same time I also want to look a lot more toned. I mean cuz I still wanna look good for myself u know.

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    Any kind of weight lifting will "tone" you. Unless you have tons of fat over your muscles.

-jordan

P.S. Built I start baby got back soon!!!!! I cant wait.
    Last edited by Jordanbcool; 07-02-2006 at 12:58 PM.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Quote Originally Posted by Built
    Awesome!

Lemme know how you like it!
    Yea im starting tommrow I can't wait

Air Force Gym Rat
    Dude, this workout is kick ass. I am on my 4th week of it, and I can tell that I am getting stonger.
    My Journal

Oct 23, 2007
    Weight - 206 Bench - 285 Squat - ? Dead - 405

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CODmasterJYK
    Hey I've got a BGB/WBB question. Is BGB and WBB1 good for toning? I mean, I do want to improve in numbers and weights, but at the same time I also want to look a lot more toned. I mean cuz I still wanna look good for myself u know.
    ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL!!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!Oneoneoneneeleeven NO!
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

As others have said BGB is a damn fine routine. I have found that I need to scale back a bit of the volume as I am cutting but once I get to bulking I expect to pick it right back up.

Thanks to this routine and some other advice from Built I am lifting more than I ever have and still dropping fat.

No routine is perfect for everyone but this is as I said a good one.