The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Did I just experienced a very painful Creatine stomach cramping?

Okay, so today was Bench Press day (or chest/triceps day) and for the first time in... I don't know maybe a couple of months that I would start giving my abs some direct work again.

So after the main session I did Saxon Side Bends, and then Hanging Leg/Knee raises, and some sit-ups to top it all off.

Saxon Side bends - Good, no cramping/pain. So far so good.

Hanging Knee Raises - After the 2nd set, I raised my knees to my stomach as like a dynamic stretch thingy (you know, like losen up after a working set). So right after that stretch I instantaneously felt the most painful stomach cramp; I also felt it on the left side of my pelvis (but weird enough, my right pelvis did not get any cramps.)

It felt like an uncoordinated muscle contraction as if my stomach muscles had a mind of it's own. It felt like my intestines were going to pop out and I would die if this continued any longer. I took quick look at my stomach and my abs were like.... out of place. It musta been like an illusion since some parts of my stomach were contracting so ****ing hard.

It went away after a few scary seconds.

Now onto the situps. After the 2nd set, I experienced some cramping on my neck, and it felt like my neck muscle (around the adams apple) was about to go crazy all out contract like it had a mind of it's own. I did not do a 3rd set.

I already had a hernia on my right side of my groin area. The pain was much different than what I just experienced a few minutes ago.

Has anyone experienced the same thing? I was sipping water throughout my workout. I am not sure if this was caused by creatine.

I am about to click the "Submit new thread" button and I still feel some pain around the lower ab area, more specifically the pelvis area. Maybe I pulled/strained someting ?
    5'7 425 lbs. 85% bodyfat Need to gain 20-40 lbs.

New journal - http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=86957 Boring I know, but whatever.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

"maybe a couple of months that I would start giving my abs some direct work again."

may be that was why. You haven't done it for a while.

Occupational Hypnomania
    Could be gas?

i'd say a combination of ur body not being used to it, and being dehydrated/lacking electrolytes... i get cramps sometimes pretty much all over... most often it's my legs usually either hams or quads... worst case, both go and my calves fo as well... then i just have to ask some random person to grab me some water lol... just make sure u drink lots of water.

Andrew
    Do what needs to be done.

Every time I was in the hole I swear a turd kissed my underwear. - Hatred
    I love snatch. I think I'm addicted to it. - Stray
    I like a woman I can climb - Jinkies
    Personally ... I'm a vagitarian - Brawl
    I don't box, but I'll have a dance off with any of you tools. When I get all my 230 lbs shaking and grooving you bet your a$$es you'll get served. - BilltheButcher

I think "Bob" put something in your water.

Could it be that I made some kind of muscle imbalance in my core? Since i have been deadlifting and squatting but no direct ab work ?

New journal - http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=86957 Boring I know, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Turnip
    Could be gas?
    I've gotten stomach cramps from gas before. This one was much worse.

i think u just got a cramp from dehydration/ not enough yummy salts and mineral and elecrolytey type stuff lol... don't worry about it, just drink more water and if ur sweating a lot drink a gatorade type drink... then again, if u really don't think it's a cramp, go to ur doc and ask him/her about it.
    Andrew
    Do what needs to be done.

Every time I was in the hole I swear a turd kissed my underwear. - Hatred
    I love snatch. I think I'm addicted to it. - Stray
    I like a woman I can climb - Jinkies
    Personally ... I'm a vagitarian - Brawl
    I don't box, but I'll have a dance off with any of you tools. When I get all my 230 lbs shaking and grooving you bet your a$$es you'll get served. - BilltheButcher