The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Finally Got The Courage

Well everyone, I finally decided to do it. You all will finally get to see Shobe, the guy who keeps posting a million threads on here repeatedly. And as you all know, I'm dying to cut the bf% but add big time mass as well. My goal is to lose the fat %, but I don't want to stay cut, I want to get huge!

I basically want to know, if I should bulk or cut the rest of my fat?
    And do you think I have gyno or is it just fat?
    Finally, what bf% would you say I am?

Please try to be nice.

Keep in mind, I can't do any flex shots, cause its kinda hard to do it yourself. And the picture are also shrunk. I'm 22, 5' 11", 175lbs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I would concentrate on adding muscle mass. Check out my journal

I don't think you have gyno, it's just fat I think. I'm not good at estimating body fat.

Seriously, pick somebody here that you would like to emulate and follow their journal.
    Last edited by HeavyBomber; 07-08-2006 at 07:36 PM.

I wouldn't say u have that much fat, maybe around 18%, but moreso a lot of loose skin. Did u just finish a big cut? If so, that might be it. Lift heavy, eat properly, and u'll get the size and shape you want.

Andrew
    Do what needs to be done.

Every time I was in the hole I swear a turd kissed my underwear. - Hatred
    I love snatch. I think I'm addicted to it. - Stray
    I like a woman I can climb - Jinkies
    Personally ... I'm a vagitarian - Brawl
    I don't box, but I'll have a dance off with any of you tools. When I get all my 230 lbs shaking and grooving you bet your a$$es you'll get served. - BilltheButcher

Well like I said, I lost the majority of my weight using slim fast, so I really didn't use a bodybuilder's cutting diet. But for about the last 2 years I have followed diets off of this board.

And the person I want to emulate, is not on this board. I want to one day look like Bobby lashley from WWE. I love his build, no pun intended.

Here is a sample of one day of what I ate recently, tell me all what you think.
    Now keep in mind, it varies from day to day. Like for breakfast I might have steel cut oats instead. For lunch I hardly ever eat the whole wheat muffin, I usually have a stone ground tortilla, etc.

Sorry its so small, just zoom in on it.

Your very similar to what I could of been if i hadnt stopped my weightloss for a bulk, the skin on your stomach mimics exactly what ive had for the past 2 years and still have been unable to get rid of almost identical.

Just keep training hard and you will become elite, nothing is better motivation then looking in the mirror and having a constant reminder of why you cant give up on your body; its the key to my hard training.
    Last edited by Jinkies; 07-09-2006 at 12:06 AM.

Well... I will assume you havent much muscle mass at all. For your height and weight you have either alot of lose skin or some good amount of fat on you.

One thing that may clear it all up is: How much did you weight when you first starting cutting? How much weight have you lost relative to your heaviest point in history?

If you were like 350lbs and dropped to 175 then the lose skin would be pretty normal.

Not to be rude or anything, but it seems like adding 30lbs of lean muscle would do you a world of good.

Yep... hit the weights HARD.

Follow WBB1. Hopefully the muscle will pack out the loose skin.

Firstly, I have to say congrats! Putting up a pictures demands a great willing of damaged pride. Diet looks pretty solid, the loose skin should tighten up over time of staying lean.

no need to be ashame my friend, you have goals and are pursuing those goals, thats all that counts, i say hit the weights hard and dont worry about losing the fat for a while.
    2000 or bust

Hey WBBIRL, I used to weigh 265lbs. I lost 100lbs. I weighed 265lbs about 3 years ago.

So I take it, the majority of you say I should bulk???

What about my diet, if I follow something similar to the one I posted, would that pack on the muscle for me??? Or do I need to up it to down some things?

Davidelmo, what is WBB1??? And where do I find it?

And what about cardio, do you guys suggest I do it? And if so, how much???
    Last edited by Shobe; 07-09-2006 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shobe
    Hey WBBIRL, I used to weigh 265lbs. I lost 100lbs. I weighed 265lbs about 3 years ago.

So I take it, the majority of you say I should bulk???

What about my diet, if I follow something similar to the one I posted, would that pack on the muscle for me??? Or do I need to up it to down some things?

Davidelmo, what is WBB1??? And where do I find it?

And what about cardio, do you guys suggest I do it? And if so, how much???

I don't believe we want you to bulk. Instead, we would you like you to eat high protein foods and lift hard and heavy; that way you can pack on muscle. Also, congratulations on such weightloss.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

Well what do you all think of my current diet? Will that do the trick or what?

are u losing weight with that diet? if so, maybe up it 2-300 cals and keep it at that for a while, just so u do a little recomp/maintaining while the loose skin tightens up. keep up the hard work man.

Andrew

I don't box, but I'll have a dance off with any of you tools. When I get all my 230 lbs shaking and grooving you bet your a$$es you'll get served. - BilltheButcher

Am I losing weight? No. I"m stuck on 175lbs. But my body is beginning to get more of that cut look though. But I"m not adding any muscle or fat. or losing any either for that matter.

Stop cutting. You have accumulated quite a bit of loose skin. Its going to take time for it to shrink back. Just eat clean and lift heavy.
    Fighters are teh bomb -Getfit

Test is test is test is test. It'll all bloat you the same! -BCC

If you're getting more of a "cut" look, ur gettinng leaner. So in essence, ur recomping, so I'd leave the calories where they are.

Andrew

Here is a sample of what I ate the other day, please tell me if this diet is ok. Now keep in mind I hardly every eat 2 bananas a day, and I dont' eat the muffin either. Usually a stone ground tortilla.

Sorry its small, just zoom in on it.

It looks pretty good to me, maybe up the fats a little so ur getting roughly .5g/fat per lb of LBM. and then maybe drop the carbs a bit, but if the diet is working and ur leaning up a bit keep at it.

Andrew

WBB1 is a weightlifting routine that is perfect for somebody like you!

The link is here:
    http://www.wannabebig.com/printarticle.php?articleid=25

WBB1 doesn't look to bad. But I thought it was a bad idea to do triceps and biceps on the same day???

As far as the diet goes, I should add in some fish oil caps. And as far as the carbs go, just take out the 2 bananas and theres minus 55 carbs right there.

As for the loose skin you may need surgery to get rid of the excess. You're on the right track!! I wouldn't bulk if that's excess fat. But...if it's just loose skin I'd say bulk up with a clean diet!! Good luck with your goals!!

It may be some loose skin, but not all of it. Cause I can pinch an inch on my sides and stomach. Same for my chest. So its probably half fat and half skin.

At this point, I"m just tempted to bulk, I mean I have been fat all my life, so whats 3 more years??? If I get huge muscles out of it. Then I can worry about cutting. Cause like I said, I never was skinny or cut my whole life, so what is the difference now??

You can lose a bit more weight... but you have a fair amount of lose skin. Skin doesnt tend to shrink once you've stretched it past its elasticitcal threshold.. surgery may be necessary.

You could try bumping the cals up for a while. And you should probably get more fats and less carbs in your diet.