Thread: Lemon water bad for teeth enamel?

I'm bringin sexy back lifter4life's Avatar

Lemon water bad for teeth enamel?

I have been drinking about 96+ ounces of water a day for awhile now, but recently I decided to slice up 1/2 a lemon and just leave it in my water bottle until the next day. I actually heard that lemon water can strip your teeth enamel and I was wondering if anyone had heard of this before? I've been searching around on google for a little more in-depth research as to how much this will effect my teeth but I have yet to find anything decent. Thanks in advance.

my dentist told me awhile back that lemon in general wasn't good for tooth enamel.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

I'm bringin sexy back lifter4life's Avatar
    ah, thank you for the quick response. I heard it would help detoxify my liver to help with my acne from acne.org but who knows if that even works anyways =p.

a lot of dentists recommend rinsing your mouth in bicarbonate or Arm & Hammer baking soda (NOT BRUSHING!) After eating something very acidic (ie lemon)....but yeah, as get fit said, lemon, or anything acidic is bad for tooth enamel. The bicarbonate rinse should help keep your teeth healthy.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.