Thread: Losing weight...wtf?

Air Force Gym Rat

Losing weight...wtf?

Well I weighed myself last week and was 211. I weighed myself today and was 205. I have been eating pretty healthy, and drinking my Protien shakes...2 a day before and after workouts. I dont want to eat bad...and gain fat, but I want to slowly gain mass. I havent started Fitday tracking yet, but at this rate I might need to. What are you opinions. Below is a normal diet.

4am - 1st Shake
    5am- workout
    645 am- 2nd shake
    9am - 2 skinless grilled chicken strips
    1130am- 3 more chicken strips
    2pm - peanut butter sand
    5pm - Dinner - what the wife cooks - lots of different meals involving chicken breast. I get my carbs here too, Mashed Potatoes, green food, sometimes porkchops.
    8pm - some sort of snack - another peanut butter sandw - or cheese (I love Cheese).
    My Journal

Oct 23, 2007
    Weight - 206 Bench - 285 Squat - ? Dead - 405

Only three sit down meals? make 8pm a lot larger, and try a weight gainer shake or two earlier before your workouts. 12 hours between big meals is too long.

One Winged Angel MagnaSephiroth's Avatar
    Weigh yourself everyday at the same for a week and then add them up and divide by 7 for the average. Do this every week, so its more accurate then just one day.
    Current Routine: WBB1
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 161 (as of 7/31/06)
    171 (as of 11/13/06)
    178 (as of 1/1/07)
    171.8 (as of 2/5/07)
    165 (as of 3/5/07)

Weight Lifting Journal

eat more...much more
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Iron4Life
    You've got 3 great suggestions above...
    Any chance you are drinking enough water?
    Are you taking any creatine?

Air Force Gym Rat
    Not taking any Creatine. I have been drinking more water than usual.
    My Journal

Oct 23, 2007

Iron4Life
    Then it sounds like this is your "real" weight...
    When you body is deficient of water - dehydration - over a long period of time, it will actually start to accumulate/retain it - it's a self-preservation mechanism. However, when you are getting enough water on a consistant basis, it "lets go" of it. Keep drinking the additional water... it's good for you.

You might want to try some creatine.. this will actually fill the muscle fibers full of water.. you will gain weight pretty fast - usually 5-10 lbs - and may find it beneficial to your workouts and strength. There are a number of threads on WBB you can search for more information on creatine.

Good luck.. and eat more.. that's your real guaranteed solution to gaining weight!

Air Force Gym Rat
    I am actually considering it. I want to hit the 300 mark on Bench so freaking bad!!!
    My Journal

Oct 23, 2007

Iron4Life
    "considering it"? What is your fear?
    It is not a steroid... it's natural and over the counter..
    Just like a vitamin, mineral or protein...
    Believe me, I had fear and pessimissm.. until I read up on it and read a lot of posts from WBB'ers.. I don't like to waste my money and I don't want any "undesired" side effects.. I've done 2 cycles.. the 1st one for 2 months.. this 2nd one for about a month.. both times, I think I was able to build some good underlining muscle..

Air Force Gym Rat
    No fear...I just am not as knowlegeable on it as I would like to be, plus it does cost money, lol. I dunno, just one of those things.
    My Journal

Oct 23, 2007

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammotroop
    Well I weighed myself last week and was 211. I weighed myself today and was 205. I have been eating pretty healthy, and drinking my Protien shakes...2 a day before and after workouts. I dont want to eat bad...and gain fat, but I want to slowly gain mass. I havent started Fitday tracking yet, but at this rate I might need to. What are you opinions. Below is a normal diet.

4am - 1st Shake
    5am- workout
    645 am- 2nd shake
    9am - 2 skinless grilled chicken strips No carbs or fats with this meal?
    1130am- 3 more chicken strips Again where are the carbs/fats?
    2pm - peanut butter sand
    5pm - Dinner - what the wife cooks - lots of different meals involving chicken breast. I get my carbs here too, Mashed Potatoes, green food, sometimes porkchops.
    8pm - some sort of snack - another peanut butter sandw - or cheese (I love Cheese).
    For a meal to be adequate, you need protein with the same amount or more of carbs and also a good amount of fat. Going 6 hours on a few chicken strips will cause your body to be in a catabolic state where muscle is likely being broken down for fuel. You simply need to eat much more. Use fitday.com and make sure your getting enough calories daily.

I havent started Fitday tracking yet
    Also here's a problem. how do you know how much your eating? Without tracking there's no way to tell. Start tracking!
    Make Shift IF diet
    My Training Experience
    GET BODY SMART
    Goals:
    CF WOD and Recomp...
    "My fault. I was fiddling with the Gravitational Constant of the Universe again.
    I've set it back - you might need to reboot, though..." -Built

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal--
    nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas J

"Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated" - Slim Schaedle