The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

gaining 3 pounds a week healthy?

Is gaining 3 pounds of weight per week healthy? I'm on a bulk right now. I'm 5'10'' and weigh 164. I want to get to 185ish and then start cutting. I just want to gain a lot of weight fast.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    You can gain weight really fast, but the bulk of it will be fat. If you gain 12-15 pounds in a month, maybe half of that or less will be lean body mass. If you're seeing gains and making progress and you don't mind gaining fat along the way, then you can keep doing what you're doing. Just realize that not all of that will be muscle.
    Last edited by sCaRz*Of*PaiN; 07-09-2006 at 10:00 PM.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Seeing as its virtually impossible to gain 3 pounds of muscle in a week then at least half of that 3 pounds will be fat and is an unnecessary gain. Why not just gain the muscle without the fat, that way you won't have to cut as much after. And remember when you are cutting you aren't gaining muscle, so you should always try to minimize the fat you gain so that you spend less time cutting and more time bulking.
    Its a fine balance, you need enough calories to bulk but too many and you gain unnecessary fat, just keep a track of what you eat and if you gain fat then you are taking too many calories and you should cuy back a little, that way you gain muscle without too much fat. This happened to me, but I was tracking my calories so I was quickly able to adapt, and now I'm still gaining the muscle and I haven't got any more flab.

Wannabebig Member
    I agree, trying to gain this much muscle in a short amount of time will mean you will gain alot of fat.

Just keep your gains consistant and you pack on muscle without the unwanted extra bulk.

Also remember that training for hours on end in the gym hoping it will add more muscle isnt the way to go. The shorter your workouts, the better in this case as you want to do just enough to break down the muscle fibres without going over the top.
    Richard, please contact Daniel Clough regarding advertising on this site. Thanks.