The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Powerlifting routine...

For the last few months I have been trying to obtain the "ripped" look, but that's coming along terribly. No matter how much I diet I seem to never get below 11% bodyfat. As a result, I have decided that I would like to try powerlifting. It would work much better for my size and my strength. I was curious as to what some of the "veteran" WBB members would suggest for a powerlifting routine. I would rather meet my goals of having more strenght then to look good. So, if anyone would like to post a powerlifting routine that will be able to pack on the pounds, help with my strength and overall size I would greatly appreciate it.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    search, i made a thread about it a while back.

I really believe powerlifting is about lifting heavy for short intense sets... you really dont have to follow any specific routine or do/dont do certaint lifts. Atleast not until you become very high up the ladder.

Banned
    wbbirl, somewhat incorrect

powerlifting routines focus on max effort and dynamic effort lifts, usually both in the same week. max effort is just how the name sounds, dynamic effort is lifting for ligher weight and very fast, like 5 reps as fast as you can while still keeping form.