Thread: you guys stretch

you guys stretch

here's something I don't have a lot of knowledge about which is why i'm an inflexible bastard. how much do you stretch for your workouts before or after. I know a lot of people warm up but don't necessarily stretch. Just wondering because would excess stretching as if I was getting ready to go running or somethin be detrimental to my ability to lift? had to ask because it's beginning to get annoying to have to run into a doorway so I can squat up and down to scratch my back because my hand can't reach it any more. And i'm not even big.. So I can't imagine how it much be for some of you that are like 200lbs 12%bf

You guys stretch... Is that an accusation!?!?

I'm terrible for stretching too... I hate stretching.. It's boring... I'm still fairly flexible though... Playing waterpolo has helped that alot.
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

If you do stretch, after is the best time. Not only will you help recovery and flexibility, reduce injuries, and help your body out but there's been studies that say you can get almost 20% stronger from stretching after a strength training session. Seems like it's worth it to me.

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    yeah i stretch my legs after each workout, and i stretch my entire body once a week and do alot of rehab work on sunday, working out all the kinks

flexibility has always been a strong suit for me and i love being flexibile it cuts down on injuries and in other areas of the bed room ...lol
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

i used to stretch for a good 15 minutes after every workout, but since ive gained so much size in such a short space of time, it would be very bad idea to stretch right now, my skins getting torn up as it is...but yeh its great for preventing injury if its done correctly, an also good for muscle endurance

How is streching good for muscular endurance?
    I strech after running and after practice and on off days when i am feeling a little tight.
    Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful. -Joushua Marine

I stretch afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by laxguy1028
    How is streching good for muscular endurance?
    I strech after running and after practice and on off days when i am feeling a little tight.
    your muscles are flexed when stretching, its resistence training as well

I do warmup sets pre workout, stretch after
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

I do a lot of light warmup sets. If I don't do them, my strength is always less.

I so stretch the hammies a bit on legs day. Otherwise, not too much stretching.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

i stretch usually after i train when i do remember.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

ook.. so it seems the general concensus is to stretch after. I guess i'll make sure I do that then.
    normally bench days I just stretch my tricep out a little.
    and leg days I do a mile warm up on the bike and then stretch out before my first set of squats.