Thread: Taking a 3 week break?

Taking a 3 week break?

I have stopped steadily working out for about 3 weeks now. How much do you think that another week would affect my body? Thanks
    Fighters are teh bomb -Getfit

Test is test is test is test. It'll all bloat you the same! -BCC

Not working out for 4 weeks is going to drop some of your lifts down but theres some hope. If you had been lifting for a long time a break can help your cns recover so you can come black and within weeks be lifting heavier then you were.

the difference between 3 and 4 weeks isn't gunna make a difference. sometimes life gets in the way of working out, and sometimes working out will get bumped off of the list. Just try and find a way to make it fit and get back in there.

Andrew
    Do what needs to be done.

Every time I was in the hole I swear a turd kissed my underwear. - Hatred
    I love snatch. I think I'm addicted to it. - Stray
    I like a woman I can climb - Jinkies
    Personally ... I'm a vagitarian - Brawl
    I don't box, but I'll have a dance off with any of you tools. When I get all my 230 lbs shaking and grooving you bet your a$$es you'll get served. - BilltheButcher

fighter, didn't you just come off cycle? pct is about the worst time you could pick to stop training.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

i just got back after a 2 week break (was away for one week and was lazy the next week) and some of my lifts have improved. it might slow you down abit in the first few workouts but after you get over that stage then im sure you'll make even better gains than u did before.
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

Quote Originally Posted by Bohizzle
    the difference between 3 and 4 weeks isn't gunna make a difference. sometimes life gets in the way of working out, and sometimes working out will get bumped off of the list. Just try and find a way to make it fit and get back in there.

Andrew
    That's bull****. I was goign to school fulltime, worked 25 hours a week, and still worked out 3-4 times per week, without fail. I guess everyone has their priorities. Mine just happens to be school, work, and then weightlifting.

Answering the question at hand: Sometimes taking a break can be great and sometimes it can be detrimental.
    Last edited by sharkall2003; 07-13-2006 at 03:18 PM.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

Quote Originally Posted by RBB
    fighter, didn't you just come off cycle? pct is about the worst time you could pick to stop training.
    Exactly.

I don't want to make excuses. But, basically I've just been sooooo ****ing busy. My diet has been flawless. I'm leaning up very very nicely. Right now I'm at 202lbs. Goal is about 190.

I went and worked out today and I can def tell a difference in strength. It could be a combination of coming off and taking those weeks off. I should note that during the past 3 weeks its not that I was'nt lifting at all. I just was only going about 2 times a week. I have been doing alot of cardio traning, HIIT sprints to be specific.
    Last edited by FighterInSnatch; 07-13-2006 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkall2003
    That's bull****. I was goign to school fulltime, worked 25 hours a week, and still worked out 3-4 times per week, without fail. I guess everyone has their priorities. Mine just happens to be school, work, and then weightlifting.

Answering the question at hand: Sometimes taking a break can be great and sometimes it can be detrimental.
    Sharkall, I work 40 hours a week with mix schedules. Sometimes I'll work mornings, nights, or even overnights. Its been a btich.
    I also have a girlfriend, who I have to try and make happy.
    I'm a big fan of cars. I've been doing some work to my car the past 2 weeks.
    I just moved on my own so money has been kind of stressful.
    So I can honestly say its just been hard the past 3 weeks.
    Oh and I start back school this fall, so I'll add that to the list.
    Last edited by FighterInSnatch; 07-13-2006 at 03:25 PM.

Gamer/Lifter
    I came back froma one week break, and my first week back my lifts were poor, the next week they had jumped a lot. Initialy coming back will be lower lfits naturally but you will get way better gains in due time. Next session or session after that.
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    "It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Quote Originally Posted by FighterInSnatch
    Sharkall, I work 40 hours a week with mix schedules. Sometimes I'll work mornings, nights, or even overnights. Its been a btich.
    I also have a girlfriend, who I have to try and make happy.
    I'm a big fan of cars. I've been doing some work to my car the past 2 weeks.
    I just moved on my own so money has been kind of stressful.
    So I can honestly say its just been hard the past 3 weeks.
    Oh and I start back school this fall, so I'll add that to the list.
    Totally understand, but you should be taking care of yourself first. Think about everyone second. I, myself, also have a girlfriend. I told her right when we first started dating that everything I do is scheduled around weightlifting, school and work. Either way, as long as you're eating healthy, and trying your best to get to the gym I won't degrade you.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

I've always, ALWAYS been nervous prior to a 10-day break, but I've never, EVER been disappointed afterwards.
    "We could put his leg in a vice-grip, but you & I together couldn't twist his ankle enough to sprain it"
    - Jerry Glanville discussing Barry Sanders

Banned
    I don't get it bro. Your chemically enhanced, serveral cycles now from what I understand. Your coming off a cycle and you stop lifting for 3 weeks? Theres no excuse for that. Not being busy, if your gonna dump gear into yourself, at least have the dedication to lift throughout pct. But then again what do I know? I'm a 16 year old kid that should have no idea what steroids are right? Good luck to ya pal.

How long have you been off? If you JUST came off I would avoid 2 things 1) not lifting and 2) cutting which it sounds like you're trying to do and I would def avoid another thing which would be 3) not lifting plus cutting natty during pct.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Quote Originally Posted by HahnB
    How long have you been off? If you JUST came off I would avoid 2 things 1) not lifting and 2) cutting which it sounds like you're trying to do and I would def avoid another thing which would be 3) not lifting plus cutting natty during pct.
    yeah, bad idea bro. you're just asking to lose any gains you made during your cycle, and possibly more.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought he came off a while ago. If your test levels have rebounded and you've been done with pct for a while you're not as bad off as you would be if you just came off.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Quote Originally Posted by HahnB
    Maybe I'm wrong but I thought he came off a while ago. If your test levels have rebounded and you've been done with pct for a while you're not as bad off as you would be if you just came off.
    You stand correct. During the past 2-3 weeks IMO my levels were back to normal.
    I do not think that I lost any gains made from the cycle during the time I've taken off.
    Last edited by FighterInSnatch; 07-14-2006 at 08:54 AM.