Thread: Forearm Injury

Forearm Injury

I have a forearm injury, which is gradually improving. I got it in early April. I had been doing gripper training with heavy grippers since January before that time. The injury showed up after I went on a business trip and did not use them for a week. In another forum, it was said that the Grippers caused my forearm injury, becuase I was too old to start using them on a regualr basis. I am 50. I was using them about 3-4 times per week and multiple times throughout the day, for single close, and negatives (closing with 2 hands, and removing one. Then holding for 10 seconds with as much of a close as I could). I'm asking because I'll elminate them if they did cause it, but don't want to if they did not cause it, and I had not used them for a week when it showed up. In the other forum, it was said my tendons were too old to begin gripper training at age 50. I have not used them since the injury showed up.

1. Don't take medical advice from any internet forum, ever. (Unless that advice is "see a doctor".)

2. If you describe the injury someone here may be able to relate if they've experienced something similar.

3. Anyone who tells you that you're too old to use grippers immediately loses all credibility and should be summarily be ignored.

4. If the pain is not getting better and it's been more than a week or so, "see a doctor".
    Last edited by Mr Joshua; 07-15-2006 at 11:51 AM.

The injury has been healing well with ice.