The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Dynamic bench

Hybrid View

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas

Dynamic bench

hey when doing dynamic bench do you guys use all three grips or just your benchign grip?

normally i try to use all three grips, for 3 sets each, but some times if my elbow or shoulder is bothering me ill just stick to my normal bench grip

would there be anything wrong if i just ued this one grip or is it key to use all three different grips?
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Play around with it and see what works for you.

I don't think 3 grips is necessary
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    yeah thats what i ws thinking, im not to concerned with how much i can close or medium grip, ima focus on my normal grip and continue to develop the speed i need

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

I'd say stick to all 3 grips. It helps you activate different muscle fibers and gives you a stronger all-around bench press.

The only reason I switch grips is because im adjusting to a wider and wider grip. I want to be benching ring fingers on ring, but my tri's account for too much of the lift right now. So when im under 75% of my 1RM I bench ring fingers on ring.. above that I have to move in to pinkys on the rings.

I was taught by some pretty knowledgable guys to switch grips when doing DE bench stuff, play around with different things.

hmm, ok, my natural grip is fairly wide the medium is about shoudler width for me and close is right inside the armpits

but i have to play it by feel, if my wrist and elbows are sore ill do all three grips

Wannabebig Member
    I do 8 sets

2 close grip
    3 regular
    2 wide
    1 reverse