Thread: A few questions

A few questions

Hey there. A few questions about lifting/cardio. So here's my deal. I'm 6'0'', 206 lbs and have been lifting steadily 3 times a week for 2 months. I've seen steady strength improvements in all areas, so I'm sure I'm doing it mostly correct. My problem is, I have extra beef around the mid section - lovehandles and a slight gut. I've been going to the track and jogging a mile 3 times a week after every workout. Will this help get rid of my extra baggage only or will it decrease my muscle mass as well? Should I just eat a lot of protein, stop the cardio and do a lot of crunches?

Clueless

what does your diet look like?

training split?
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Ok I'm making an account on Fitday right now.

Ok here is my food plan for the day.
    My main goal here is to continue to gain muscle mass, while decreasing(getting rid of completely would be nice) my fat around the stomach and lovehandles.
    Last edited by scission; 07-19-2006 at 02:23 PM.

Getting un-streamlined Progress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scission
    Ok I'm making an account on Fitday right now.
    Have that going in one tab and this in another one.

Tks Progress - btw Tool is the best ever. ever.

so..

Once again, my main goal is to get rid of lovehandles and the gut while still gaining muscle mass. Do I need to cut cardio out so I don't lose muscle mass? Just do a bunch of crunches and oblique exercises? My planned diet for the day is posted above - it's about my typical everyday diet.

Once again, my main goal is to get rid of lovehandles and the gut while still gaining muscle mass. Do I need to cut cardio out so I don't lose muscle mass? Just do a bunch of crunches and oblique exercises? My planned diet for the day is posted above - it's about my typical everyday diet.
    In your case it will probably be easier to either do one or the other; pack on mass or take it off. You need to decide what you want, first. The lifting should remain while the diet is altered.

What's it going to be?

So it's not possible to pack on mass while losing fat around the midsection? That's depressing.

So it's not possible to pack on mass while losing fat around the midsection? That's depressing.
    Possible but not very probable. It's called body recomposition.
    Last edited by Progress; 07-19-2006 at 02:36 PM.

So should I continue lifting and doing cardio 3 times a week until I get my lovehandles under control?

So should I continue lifting and doing cardio 3 times a week until I get my lovehandles under control?
    You are not eating enough protein or fats. Read and re-read Built's thread.
    Last edited by Progress; 07-19-2006 at 02:42 PM.

I am the same weight and height. I was up to 210 at 6 foot...with a little gut. In one month of eating very clean and lifting hard 4-5 days/week I was down to 200 w/o a gut. I know in that time I made slight muscle gains and lost some fat. So I suggest getting a solid routine and eating clean. By eating clean I reduced my calories overall...tried to cut out sat and trans fat, cut out bad carbs (pasta, bread, anything white pretty much) and eat a lot of veggies and fruit.

Bics56 - What did you reduce your calorie intake to? So should I cut out all pastas, breads and other 'bad' carbs?