The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pics from my meet this weekend!!!!

Hey guys here are a few pics from this past weekend Some of me getting warmed up and getting ready and then one of me coming unglued screaming "This is my F**king House" after I pulled out the come from behind win with an 835 bench. And then one of me and mini-me (Laura Phelps)

Enjoy:

MONSTER MODE

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Good stuff Mike!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Nice pics. Not bad for a lightweight

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:520 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Your fired up in that 3rd pic! What type of approach do you take before the lift? Psych wise
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

I have the guy in the fourth pic tell me I'm worthless and my Mom thinks I'm ugly!!!! Haha LOL!!!

No I just get it in my head what needs to be done, I dont dwell on anything bad, I kind of sit on the end of the bench and go to a place in my head and mentally block everything else out.

Like in the Animal Cage at the Arnold I was mumbling some **** under breath in the video and my wife asked me what I was saying and I told her I do not know. It is weird, but it is my happy place

But Tony (guy in 4th pic) can get in my head and get me motivated to do some really crazy stuff!!!! And he wont let me get a big head, he tears that right down!!!!

Wolfy!!!!!
    MONSTER MODE

You've got a good sense of humor LOL
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

You're a big muther****er Wolfe. I can't imagine seeing your ass in a dark alley somewhere. Of course, I know you're just a big teddy bear (like Drew) at heart haha.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadwolfe
    I have the guy in the fourth pic tell me I'm worthless and my Mom thinks I'm ugly!!!! Haha LOL!!!
    Tony is about the only person who can do that with a straight face! LOL! He is the greatest motivator. He knows exactly what to say to get you going, whether you are someone who likes to get angry, sentimental, happy, whatever...he can do it. It's amazing.
    Wolfy, you did great! I cannot wait to see you smoke something huge next weekend! Thanks for posting our pic! It's awesome!

nice pics wolfy! i need to get the photographer to take some of me at my next meet. lol! when are you lifting again?:evillaugh

I see you switch shirts:

The blue on eis an F6, what is the black one?

Why do you change them, and at what point?
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Nice pics!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Awesome pics, wolfie!
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Iron4Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stagg
    I see you switch shirts:

I don't know what the black one is Paul..
    But it looks like Wolfy changes shirt when he goes from the warmup (blue) to the actual competition lift (black)

Wolfy.. awesome pics.. especially love that "unglued" picture.. and your glasses flying off your face.. haha..

I wear glasses just about like yours.. and I have a few too many of these moments in the gym (lol), so I wear perscription googles... like raquetball googles.. that way they stay on my head and I don't step on them :-(

Footballer
    You slightly resemble a bear. Take it as a compliment.
    Calgary Stampeder!
    Formerly a CMU Chippewa!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stagg
    I see you switch shirts:

The f6 may let him touch with say 600lbs. the black one (i think that's an inzer denim) may only let him touch with say 700. the f6 might not support and/or let him lift 700ish. I'd guess it's for somewhere in between.

Great lifting there Wolfy, keep it up.

In the 4th pic you realise how huge he is. his wrists (bone structure, not musculature) are the size of Tony's arms.

Amazing
    Eszekial's Journal
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 200
    Body Fat: 12%
    Bench: 265x3
    ATFSquat: 315x3
    Dead: 275x3

Wannabebig Member
    A picture is worth a thousand words...., but if you were THERE and SAW him put up 835!!!!!! Holy crap!!

AWESOME JOB WOLFY!!! and if anyone ever has a chance to go to one of these meets GO! Totally friggin awesome!
    Age - 32
    5'11"
    251lbs.
    BP - 310lbs. 1rm
    Squat - 345lbs. 1rm
    Deadlift - 480lbs. 1rm

She may be a 'mini-you', but Laura is much, much better looking.

Nice job at the meet Wolfy and good luck this weekend!
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Damn it, you're huge.
    You have to be the strongest guy on this forum.
    What do you get at those meats if you win "best lifter" or put up the highest bench? You should get a fricken medal or something.

That guy has balls insulting you to your face, your forearms are bigger then his biceps and shoulders....

Even if you told him to do it lol
    Last edited by WBBIRL; 07-21-2006 at 12:16 PM.

Good job man, represent the WBB!

Ok to clear a thing up about the shirts. The Blue one was a F6 and it was my original choice to wear for the meet. But when I ordered the shirt I weighed in at 395, at the meet I was a HUGE 416. So the shirt was WAY WAY WAY to tight and when I opened with 800 I was all over the place and could not get a groove in the shirt. So I switched to the Black Inzer Double Denim, but kind of the same deal (I ordered the shirts about the same time) I took 800 down but way outta groove on my 2nd attempt in the black denim. So since i have always used denim and just getting use to poly I stayed in the denim took a bigger weight and hoped for the best. Well it paid off and I somewhat grooved it OK and it shot back up perfectly, almost to perfect casue then I had to catch up with it at the top and got all wobbly at the lockout and started drifting and luckily the head judge seen it was locked and callled a quick rack signal and it got racked. So no I do nont change shirts on purpose just when one is not working the way it should casue I got to fat

Wolfy!!!!!
    MONSTER MODE

There's no such thing a too fat!

Are you planning to use the Inzer shirt next weekend too?

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:520 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

your one big bad mofo. Do you only compete in bench or dead/squat aswell?
    23 yo 6 2", 258lbs

Feb' 06......................................Mar' 06......july 06
    bench 270lb x 1..........................275x3........315x4
    deadlift 260lb x 1........................275x1........418x1
    db shoulder press 88x3................94x3..........100x7
    atf squat - ...............................................308x5

Woah!! Big BIG BIG!!!!! Cool pics, look damn...all those plates on the barbell !
    Last edited by SkinnySadMan; 07-21-2006 at 05:02 PM.
    5'7 425 lbs. 85% bodyfat Need to gain 20-40 lbs.

New journal - http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=86957 Boring I know, but whatever.