The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water!!!

MACHINE
    Originally posted by Slim Schaedle

Preacher, i get what you mean, but ...if I always "listened to my body" there would be many days where i didn't go to the gym b/c my body didn't feel like it. So, somtimes you have to ignore your body and do what you know you have to do
    It's better you don't go to the gym those days, then make the appropriate adjustments in your daily routine so that you feel this way less often. Usually, when I don't feel like going to the gym because I'm too tired, I don't go. Then I make the appropriate adjustments, like sleeping more, eating more, etc. When your body is telling you "don't go to the gym" it's better you don't. Knowing what to do to prevent your body from feeling that way is the trick.

Thirst is a different story though, I agree.
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

na man, ...i was just using an example....i meant some days i dont feel like it, but i know i need to.

the only reason i dont feel like it sometimes is b/c i work out first thing in the morning....

MACHINE
    Well if your body is telling you no, regardless of the situation, listening to it is the best option. If I'm yawning in the gym, my workouts suck, time after time.

If it's more mental reasons like just not wanting to go because of anticipated workout boredom, or general laziness, get your butt in there.

Either way, you gotta make some changes to prevent it. Only once every 2 or 3 weeks i don't feel like going to the gym for whatever reason on a scheduled workout day. Then I make a lifestyle adjustment to prevent it from happening again soon. Occasionally feeling like that is inevitable, but a couple times a week is telling you some changes need to be made.
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

Yeah man, I get what you're saying and all, but i was just using that as an example for the water thing. I didn't say I feel like that all the time, and I don't. I do know when my body needs a break. so anyway.... I respect your point and help though