The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Threaded View

Deadlifts and the Chiropractor

Just wanted to share something with my fellow lifters. 7 weeks ago I injured myself on the leg press machine. I hurt my back pretty badly (going to deep). I am no newbie weightlifter--I have been training for 17 years. I heard to "cracks" in my lower back vertebrae while trying to leg press 550lbs.

Before my injury, I had been making some pretty steady gains on my new routine and was quite pleased with my results. I had trouble deadlifting though. I found it very difficult to get past 245lbs. I always use good form, but I never felt "stable" while doing them. Nor did i feel strong doing them. This injury couldn't have come at a worse time. I just moved 130 miles away from my current chiropractor so going back to see her was not an option. I asked her to recommend someone new to me from her "book of chiropractors" that use the same manipulative methods of getting my bones to realign as she did. She recommended a male chiropractor. I personally have no preference to male or female as long as they can get me pain free.

Well, I went to see this male chiropractor and his "touch" was a lot rougher than i am used to. He even had me a bit scared in some situations because I felt things move that I never felt before. After the third adjustment, I felt more stable around my core for some reason--probably due to the "things moving that I never felt before". hehe--yeah I can put 2 and 2 together and get 5. LOL

Well, since that time I have been increasing my deadlifting weight at an alarmingly fast pace. And I feel stable throughout!!!

Remember I started out at 245lbs x 3. I have been going heavier for 4 weeks straight and I hit a new personal record as of today with the feeling I could still do more!!!

I am currently deadlifting 335lbs x 6 and I felt that 350 is definitely do-able next time around. Call it psychological if you wish, but I feel my results are more than that. My back never felt better!!

I just thought I'd share.

P.S.--Current stats

Male

5' 7"

~190lbs
    Last edited by Burner27; 07-24-2006 at 08:44 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!