The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Russian Stim

Russian Stim

Any body ever use Russian stim with there work out routine.....I have a unit home that I use on occasion....It is very unpleasant but contracts my muscles like unbelievable....Is it effective in building mass? Or am I torturing myself for nothing?

Has any one seen these new AB electro stim units.......Are they worth any thing......?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I haven't read any evidence that EMS works and just the way it works I don't think it would be good for mass. Theres no such thing as a free lunch (unless your a hobo). All things desireable should be the toughest to atain.

Electrostim the way it is used today is a joke. I had electrostim on my knee when I was injured to get it stronger. At best electrostim will only contract the muscle 60% of what you would get from a normal lift. Besides, prolonged use will probably interfere with your neural muscular electric signals and you might get twitchy. But I'll bet anyone who uses the ab stimulators has never used them more than 5 times.

In summary, leave electrostim to the injured/rehab people.

not to mention........one of the whole points of bodybuilding/weghtlifting (depending on your goals) is to actually gain strength. I've never used those things, but I doubt they do that.

They can be used for recovery and restoration quite effectively, however.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

I have heard that the "massage mode" on some of those things can feel really f---ing good

speaking of massagers, do you guys use them? I have a homemedics one its 30 bucks at costco and I think it helps loosen up the muscles and get bloodflow in them

home massagers are not good at all, some research done in the department recently, stay well clear, epecially ones that heat up.

All the claims for these things are BS.

???? how on earth could a massager be bad for you? Ronnie coleman gets a massage once a week done by a pro, but just because its a home massage doesn't mean its bad for you

*Is curious how you know how many times Ronnie gets a massage every week...

[SIZE=3]Not massage, massager[U]

Massage is fine I'm talking about vibrating home massagers, they are no good as a recuperation aid and actually increase localised inflamation and trauma slightly. A good old massage from the missus etc works wonders

I still disagree, even if it is a handheld massager it will help loosen up the muscle and increase bloodflow. About Ronnie, I ordered his video "The Unbelievable" and saw it there. He gets a professional sports massage and chiropractic adjustments once a week. He sure is dumb, but he is the best

Whatever dude, but a professionally funded study this summer proved that they were really not a good idea. peristaltic massage (imagine your thumbs travelling in circles close together) is cool though, so if it uses that mechanism then all well and good but if it just vibrates then sling it away. Ever heard of vibration white finger, well it is just a very mild dose of that.

Where is this study?

Vibration white finger is caused from continuous use of vibration. 5 min of massage every other day from a vibrating massager would not cause this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/hea...000/260459.stm

Theres a thing about VWF
    Last edited by AllNatural; 02-01-2002 at 11:46 AM.

Vibration increases inflamation, so really that is the last thing you want when recovering from a serious workout. Professionally funded study (ie they kept all the findings) but yeah I agree 5 mins wont really do any harm but you will recover quicker without it. a good manual massage is whats required really.