Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regrets regarding to training

Soca King

Regrets regarding to training

How many of you people regret starting into bodybuilding before learning all the proper techniques such as eating 6-7 meals a day,keeping your workouts an hour or less,and the proper amount of sets to use in your workout.I know I do, I've long sustained the theory that if I started out right when I was 18 years old by now I could be 170 maybe even 180lbs thick not rippe/lean.Last year I started training again and I implemented strategies I learned from this site and achieved better gains.My new training style is possibly the reason I've gotten compliments.Anyway if I implemented these strategies 5 years ago I'd be alot bigger.Do any of you people have the same regrets

I spent one year practically wasting my time.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

I spent six months getting absolutely nowhere. Not counting high school, where I spent four years getting absolutely nowhere.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

I started my senior year lifting regularly with Gyno Rhino (who won't be lifting ever again in his life) we got most of the exercises and technique down pretty good but nutrition was horrible. All I knew was i needed more protein than I did before I began. I finally bought some books and surfed the net and I have learned BBing is 20% what you do in the gym and 80% nutrition. I wasted about a year.

i was a pretty stout 268 and ran and starved myself into a 180 lb skeleton before i found this sight and began the bulk/cut stuff ive trained a yr and a half now(injured 6months of that) and have put on good muscle
    Blocka Blocka

I am AMINAL

holy shite...you was 268 man? remarkable.

tree-trunks...how did surgery go?

as for me..i wasted precious little time...i started lifting, and had a great trainer...and met b shortly after, and we discussed stuff. (btw- he'd learned soemthign by then apparently)
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Surgery went great. His mom said he was feeling better a day after the surgery. They had to remove his entire colon and he has a illam bag right now its like a colastomy(sp?) bag but he doesn't have control over it. He said he has to give up bodybuilding. He is pretty depressed over all but he says he is fine about giving up bbing. He also said he almost died 3 times in the hospital

Not a hellofalot. But I brought you here, which is the only part I'll take full credit for.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

I spent about a year and a half not knowing what I was doing and not getting anywhere in my gains. Starving myself to look cut.. Overtraining my body.. Found this web site about 3 months ago and have already added 15 lbs of LBM. Just hate to think what I'd look like if I never would have found this site..

*lol* b...yes you did.....so all my haters can blame you for it.

treetrunks....his full colon? holy ****. that poor boy. a colostomy bag can't possibly be fun. I'm glad he made it through surgery okay....all of this seemd to have happened really quickly. damn i'm sorry he has to go through this. tell him he's in my thoughts, for me? please?
    Last edited by Tryska; 01-31-2002 at 06:17 PM.

yeah tryska i was 268 kinda stout peeps always thought i lifted but i wnated ot get rid of excess fat and went all the way to 180 by running everyday and not eating lost the weight in about 6 months
    Blocka Blocka

I am AMINAL

damn bro...that was a lot of weight to lose. not exactly the best method, but i envy you your metabolism. you are a cut mofo now.

i wish i woulda knew wht to do when i weighed that much like eating more frequently lifting and cutting carbs back to lose fat!
    Blocka Blocka

I am AMINAL

I have many regrets. Throughout my life I've been told I have a great frame for bodybuilding, but have never done anything about it until very recently.

But I don't care...I can't change that, so I'm focusing on the things I can...
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

I spent a good 6 months not knowing a damn thing, but no regrets. Found something I love doing.

The first 5 months I lifted I overtrained to a hideous degree. Three full-body workouts a week, usually lasting not less than 2-3 hours(Basically, I did three sets on every machine in my gym. Took a 10 minute break, and repeated.) Running 2-3 miles and doing a bunch of sit-ups and push-ups on my "off-days" and 2 hours of martial arts three times a week. Plus I was eating very little(1500kcal or so) and getting hammered at bars 2-3 times a week. I always wondered why I could hardly walk most of the time, and was hunched over like an 80-year old man. Funny stuff.

I'm probably still doing a ton of sh*t wrong. But that's how you learn, so I don't regret any of it.

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    I do not regret starting training when I didn't know too much. I don't regret the fact that I wasted 85% of my training time on stupid routines for the rags and combined it with a terrible diet.

I would regret it if through that whole time I had not trained at all. Then I'd still be at square 1.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

eating wrong was the biggest mistake as well as a couple of training issues that caused me injury

I wasted 7 months doing all kinds of BS isolation exercises almost every day of the week when I started training again after Christmas last year. In a way I'm glad I injured my shoulder because once I started reading on the net about lifting injuries I found this site. Once I started training and eating intelligently in July things just took off.

I'm looking forward to going beserk after I get back from our skiing trip in February. I've ordered a trap bar and a weight bench and I'm going to be a madman. A smarter madman than last year, though.

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    Wow, rhino's in my prayers, wow man....

I don't regret the stupid stuff, at least I got it out of my system. For the first year I didn't do anything but machiens pretty much. Then the 2nd year was a bodypart everyday, but with the right exercises at least. Got plenty big then. Then this past july I finally started doing a good split with better volume and such.

eating wrong in the beggining
    upper chest freak

Wannabebig Member
    Regret is like a bag of bricks. All you have to do is set it down.

I do regret NOT starting my training earlier in life, but what can you do? As far as making mistakes, it's part of the learning process. Negative knowledge. Finding out what DOESN'T work.

decease, RIP
    I spent like a month researching before I started. But it took some time to get use to 5-6 meals a day, and drinking water all the time. But I was 20 something when I started so guess its a bit different then if you start at 15. Because I started so late in life I wanted to do everything right from the start so I could catch up on the lost years And also im very determined, still am.

I think messing up at first is apart of the sport. it teaches you that diet, rest, and training methods are very important. and it also weeds out the lazy people who dont take time to learn what this sport takes.
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

Canadian
    I think I've wasted alot of time and should be bigger. My training has always been ok (although it could have been better at times), and for the majority of the time I comsumed sufficient calories. My problem is layoffs. I'll workout for 6 months, make good gains, then stop for 6 months and lose most of my gains. This has been happening for 3 years. I've still come from weighing 135 at age 20 to currently weighing 195 not-so-lean pounds. I think for me training just isn't the number 1 priority in my life and I don't think it should be.
    "Discipline is never an end itself, only a means to an end." - Robert Fripp