Thread: weird sweat stains

Continuously Dangerously

weird sweat stains

I work out fairly hard and as a result, I'm usually soaked with sweat afterwards. It's not always convenient to do laundry afterwards so sometimes dirty gym clothes might sit for a couple days. I noticed that often times, lighter materials (white towel, gray shirt..) get these weird purple discolorations on them...similar to a bad bleach accident or something. It's gotta be my sweat, but any idea why this is? What the heck am I sweating out that it almost dyes material? It doesn't really wash out either.

i know of yellow stains not purple though, use spray and wash or shout works well on stains.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

:withstupi
    I defer to the women on all issues pertaining to laundry.
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin

I get crazy white salt deposits after the sweat dries. Its kinda cool.

your deodorant maybe?

(presuming you use deodorant)
    Last edited by Tryska; 07-29-2006 at 06:12 PM.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Crazy, white or yellow here. Are you an alien?

Quote Originally Posted by Teufelhund
    I get crazy white salt deposits after the sweat dries. Its kinda cool.
    I used to have salt all over me when I'd get done riding my bike for 3-4 hours.

Wannabebig Member
    Mold? Maybe some chemicals like hairspray/gel that gets mixed with your sweat?

Continuously Dangerously
    wouldnt be the deodorant, it's not armpit-area specific.

as far as other chemicals, cologne would be the other thing i might have on me.

i don't think its mold as it doesnt wash out, it actually stains the material.

One Winged Angel MagnaSephiroth's Avatar
    is this on all your workout clothes or just color specific pieces?
    Current Routine: WBB1
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 161 (as of 7/31/06)
    171 (as of 11/13/06)
    178 (as of 1/1/07)
    171.8 (as of 2/5/07)
    165 (as of 3/5/07)

Weight Lifting Journal

Iron4Life
    Sounds like your clothes were touching metal? And perhaps some kind of oxidation?

Shout it out!! And let your clothes soak for a couple of hours before going though the full cycle. This really helps with sweaty clothes that have been sitting for a couple of days..

This happens to me, but only my white shirts. After many many months it turns like a neon-bright yellow. Is this what you are talking about? I just change by new white shirts every 6 months or so. I think it's a combination of sweet and deodorant build-up.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilsterT
    This happens to me, but only my white shirts. After many many months it turns like a neon-bright yellow. Is this what you are talking about? I just change by new white shirts every 6 months or so. I think it's a combination of sweet and deodorant build-up.
    rub that area with shout or spray in wash before sticking it in the machine,the stains will disappear.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

My guess is something in your gym bag that touches the shirt when it's all sweaty. The dye will run on cheap weight loves.. Perhaps it's your bag itself when you put your sweaty clothes in there.?

Unless you're a smurf I'd focus on something that your clothes come in contact with other than you.

Have a smurfy day.
    ( * damn, I should've set my nick to 'hefty smurf' *)
    "Hope is a good comforter in the hour of danger, and when men have something else to depend upon, although hurtful, she is not ruinous. But when her spendthrift nature has induced them to stake their all, they see her as she is in the moment of their fall, and not till then."
    - The Athenians to the Melians

Any type of 'dyed' black leather anywhere? Gloves, belt, Bench etc?...

I used to get weird purple stains on my gi's in MMA, and it was from the 'black' leather dye (nothing is actually black, its all dark purples and blues...LOL)...

of course there was always the red (blood)... that would stain as well... 'hey, quit bleeding on me...LOL....

Peace out....