Thread: Chest and triceps on same day?

Chest and triceps on same day?

I have been working out for about 5 months and so far I have been training chest and triceps on the same day. I have looked at many different routines and some train them together and some train them on separate days with 2 or 3 days inbetween, and train triceps on same day as biceps.
    Do you train chest and triceps separately, and if so, why?
    Which appraoch is better for someone like me, who has only been training for 5 months?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by JConrad; 07-31-2006 at 05:29 AM.

It doesn't matter. Lift heavy things, eat well, get your rest, and you'll progress.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Wannabebig Member
    i used to do a back / Bi, Chest / Tri split but now am using WBB1 which does chest and back on same day, shoulders tri's and bi's same day and i have noticed that just changing and shocking my routine has worked already after 3 weeks.

like Anthony says i wouldnt worry too much about what goes together, but about intensity, progression, diet, rest etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Petey1
    i used to do a back / Bi, Chest / Tri split but now am using WBB1 which does chest and back on same day, shoulders tri's and bi's same day and i have noticed that just changing and shocking my routine has worked already after 3 weeks.

like Anthony says i wouldnt worry too much about what goes together, but about intensity, progression, diet, rest etc..
    Your experience suggests that it does matter to a degree, in so much as you keep your body guessing by mixing up your routine. Perhaps its a good idea to do chest and tris on the same day for a given time, then move triceps over to bicep day as you did.
    Maybe mixing up the routine is a good way to avoid plateau, though I haven't had this happen to me yet.

it also depends on how long you've been training...the degree to which you need to change it up to keep the body from adapting.