The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Back spasms?

hammin'

Back spasms?

so I woke up yesterday (friday), having not worked out since tuesday. Back was in pain.

It feels like my spinal erectors are realy, really tight and it's painful to twist my torso, bend my head/neck forward, or bend my torso..... .either bending down as in picking soemthign up off the floor or standing at full attention with my back arched, although the former hurts worse.

The pain is more or a general "soreness" kind of pain rather than a localized, sharp pain. It's in both sides of my back, middle to upper area.

It got better yesterday the more I moved around and stretched it out, and I went to bed last night, woke up this morning, and now it's worse than ever

Do I have some kind of spinal injury that my muscles are trying to protect? It seems like lying down makes it worse since it's been at its worst after getting out of bed...
    They say that when your ships comes in
    The first man takes the sails
    Second takes the afterdeck
    The third: the planks and rails.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Quote Originally Posted by trich daddy
    so I woke up yesterday (friday), having not worked out since tuesday. Back was in pain.

It feels like my spinal erectors are realy, really tight and it's painful to twist my torso, bend my head/neck forward, or bend my torso..... .either bending down as in picking soemthign up off the floor or standing at full attention with my back arched, although the former hurts worse.

The pain is more or a general "soreness" kind of pain rather than a localized, sharp pain. It's in both sides of my back, middle to upper area.

It got better yesterday the more I moved around and stretched it out, and I went to bed last night, woke up this morning, and now it's worse than ever

Do I have some kind of spinal injury that my muscles are trying to protect? It seems like lying down makes it worse since it's been at its worst after getting out of bed...
    After unloaded a semi of ciggarettes (60,000 lbs +), my back was sore for days, and it did get worse the next day. I wouldn't say bed made it worse, though. It as a general soreness like yours, all the way up to my neck, it took 3-4 days before the soreness wasn't very noticable anymore, and nothing was wrong with me. Did you do anything that could've triggered the soreness? I blamed moving the boxes with bad form most of the way. Anyway this is just one of my experiences, I'm curious what could've caused this, though since you hadn't worked out since Tuesday.

i would let it rest..and it will heal..if not i would see a doctor to be on the safe side

Iron4Life
    How do you sleep? flat on your back? on your stomach? On your side?

Did you doing any stretching or rehab work since Tuesday's workout?

Did you do any "light" cardio after your Tuesday workout?

hammin'
    Quote Originally Posted by bearwolf
    How do you sleep? flat on your back? on your stomach? On your side?

Did you doing any stretching or rehab work since Tuesday's workout?

Did you do any "light" cardio after your Tuesday workout?
    all of the above, no, no

it actually feels best to sit down rather than lie down

hammin'
    Also, I doubt this is related but....

Tuesday night around 7 pm, everything was fine, then LITERALLY 5 minutes later, BAM! Lymphnode in right armpit goes from normal to extremely swollen, sore, and tender. About an hour after that, headache begins. Three to four hours later, I developed a high fever, chills, muscle pain, the works. My girlfriend was wanting to take me to the hospital. I was apparently pretty delirious, mumbling **** in my sleep....

Wake up Wednesday morning. Feel fine. Fever gone, swollen node still remains, and now it appears I have some residual swelling in the left armpit lymph node as well.

Like I said, probably unrelated, but thought I'd throw it out there.... it's been a weird week for me

Iron4Life
    Quote Originally Posted by trich daddy
    Also, I doubt this is related but....

Tuesday night around 7 pm, everything was fine, then LITERALLY 5 minutes later, BAM! Lymphnode in right armpit goes from normal to extremely swollen, sore, and tender. About an hour after that, headache begins. Three to four hours later, I developed a high fever, chills, muscle pain, the works. My girlfriend was wanting to take me to the hospital. I was apparently pretty delirious, mumbling **** in my sleep....

Wake up Wednesday morning. Feel fine. Fever gone, swollen node still remains, and now it appears I have some residual swelling in the left armpit lymph node as well.

Like I said, probably unrelated, but thought I'd throw it out there.... it's been a weird week for me
    Ahhh... sounds like your unrelated.. is related. Muscle pain anywhere can be attributed to being sick!!! Sounds like if this problems lasts, you should go see a doc!

hammin'
    the back is getting better, slowly but surely

luckily there's no bulge, it's mostly just discomfort and stiffness at this point

and by the way, the lymph node under my right armpit is STILL swollen.... you can actually see it with my shirt off and my arm above my head