The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: parking tickets

parking tickets

i got a parking ticket.. its from an independent company i think?

is it only the city that can give out parking tickets? or independt companies too?

what happens if you dont pay it? they have a drivers license plate but not your ID?? can they get you?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

It will catch up to you >.<

I have about 10 unpayed once from my university and now im getting letters that they are sending me to a collecting agency. Too bad im broke and dont own anything worth anything.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

I got a parking ticket for $500 once. I ended up taking the reciept issuing machine away from the ticket guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Risk10k
    I got a parking ticket for $500 once. I ended up taking the reciept issuing machine away from the ticket guy.

Surely there is more to that story? Did bail to get out of jail cost more than the initial ticket?
    Height: 6'
    Weight: 210

Read the Stickies! whiteman90909's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Risk10k
    That is the answer i want to hear.

I got one for parking in a bank parking garage once. It said 2 hour visitor parking, I was there maybe 45 minutes. They stuck a $8 ticket on my window with a picture of my plate. I just tossed it because it was crap. That was 2 months ago and I haven't heard crap. I'll just try to remember not to park there ever again.
    Nick V

Ummm I'm pretty sure that one will catch up with you. If they left a picture of your plate, I'm sure he has it on his camera. Please don't be so dumb as to think that won't catch up with you.

Its just a private company, not the police or anything. Worst case they send me to a collection agency over $8. I didn't even park illegally so screw them.
    Nick V

Collections SHOW UP ON YOUR CREDIT REPORT

even an $8 Collection can SEVERLY DAMAGE your personal credit.
    Eszekial's Journal
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 200
    Body Fat: 12%
    Bench: 265x3
    ATFSquat: 315x3
    Dead: 275x3

If the private company is hired by the city/county/state to handle parking enforcement it's the same as if a police officer wrote the ticket. If it's not paid they can place a hold on your registration. You will not be able to renew your registration until the hold is released by paying the ticket and any late fees.

Quote Originally Posted by dtshen
    i got a parking ticket.. its from an independent company i think?

This is why you remove your license plate when parking illegally.

how does it affect ur credit? if thye only know the license plate anyone in the family can be driving hte car???

Quote Originally Posted by Eszekial
    Collections SHOW UP ON YOUR CREDIT REPORT

even an $8 Collection can SEVERLY DAMAGE your personal credit.
    Not if you tell the collection agency what it is for and that you are fighting it. I owed Columbia House from when I was a teenager. They sent it to a collection agency. I told them I was not paying because I never received the merchandise. I asked if this would be on a credit report. He said no, they don't report anything under $50. They only send a couple of letters and make a few threatening calls. Then they give up. It's not worth the $time investment.

Now Visa on the otherhand, don't mess with it. Abuse of credit will kill your credit rating. Parking tickets won't.
    Opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one.

There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics. ~Benjamin Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by meltedtime
    Not if you tell the collection agency what it is for and that you are fighting it. I owed Columbia House from when I was a teenager. They sent it to a collection agency. I told them I was not paying because I never received the merchandise. I asked if this would be on a credit report. He said no, they don't report anything under $50. They only send a couple of letters and make a few threatening calls. Then they give up. It's not worth the $time investment.

Now Visa on the otherhand, don't mess with it. Abuse of credit will kill your credit rating. Parking tickets won't.
    Part of my job description is to be able to decipher credit reports in their 800 different forms.

I see tons of them a day. Many of which include collections less than $50.

Collections agencies DON'T GIVE A **** about your credit score. They just want their money. Get that in your head before ever talking to a credit agency. Often times, they will colelct your fee and sit on their ass for MONTHS before ever reporting the payoff. It's a horrible struggle for the victim.
    Eszekial's Journal
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 200
    Body Fat: 12%
    Bench: 265x3
    ATFSquat: 315x3
    Dead: 275x3

Quote Originally Posted by dtshen
    how does it affect ur credit? if thye only know the license plate anyone in the family can be driving hte car???
    They just write the ticket. Then you don't pay it and it gets sent to collection under whoever's name the car is registered to