Thread: My crappy journal

My crappy journal

Hi, im not excited about keeping an online journal, but I was hoping if some of the vets see this they might be able to correct what Im doing wrong, because I am probably doing alot wrong because all my stats and everything suck cock.

Anyway, I am a 17 year old high school senior from Baltimore MD. When I started lifting I weighed 140-150, now I weigh 177-180. I would say I am as dedicated as anyone to gain mass, I have never had a cheat day in the 6 months I have been lifting. I get plenty of cals every day (atleast 3700), as you can see I am bulking. As of late most of my lifts have remained constant, and my bench has even gone down for the last 4 workouts or so and I have no idea why, hence the reason I started this journal. All my parts are lagging IMO as of today. My goal is hypertrophy.

Anyway, I will cut to the crap. My split is:

1chest/tri's
    2rest
    3deads/shoulders/traps
    4rest
    5back/bi's
    6legs
    7rest

Today was chest day. Since my barbell press has decreased (in reps w/ the same weight), I used dumbells.

Flat DB press 3x...4x...5x(took 5lbs off each set)
    flyes.....12x...9x
    decline bb press....6x...6x(lowerd weight for 2nd rep)
    skulls superseted w/close grips....9x,6x...6x,6x ....7x,5x

My workout took me an hour. Just out of curiousity, I looked at my old written journal from a month ago. At that time I was flat DB pressing the same weight as today, but for 4 more reps. Pretty pathetic how my bench is dropping faster than Enron stock (LMAO )

Overall is was a crappy workout. It blasted my shoulders for some reason, but I feel 0 burn in my chest (I know burn isnt a measure of how good a workout is, but I cant even tell I supposedly worked my chest at all). I always feel this way, im beginning to wonder what is wrong with me. Shoulders and rotater cuff area always give out, and my chest is never stimulated. It is also lagging BTW.

The days not over, but my diet should end up fine, I got my carbs in early. My typical diet btw is about 300g protien, 420 carbs, 100 fat. I get about 7.5 hrs of sleep a night on average, tonight I am going to aim for 8.

I Started on creatine today, 10g/day. I also take a multi and vitamin C.

Im so depressed over my shitty bench stats, I have no idea why my lifts are going down. Im such a pussy.

If your bench is going down like that, you should probably take some time off.

That is one of the many things I am considering. Would you take a week off completley, or just skip chest day?

Today was a rest day, i went to school, then straight to work. Diet was good though, got all my carbs early. I went two periods where i didnt get any protien for a little over 3hrs. I got home late b/c of a dead car battery. Probably will only get 6hrs of sleep tonight, so I am not going to school tommorow. I havent missed a day in two years, so a little break wont hurt anything. The extra sleep should help me.

Shoulder day is tommorow. I did deads last weak, so tommorow will just be shoulders and traps w/ some good ab work. I forgot my creatine this morning, ill have to take all 10g tonight. Got all my vitamins in.

Weight=183lbs (after eating)

sleep
    got up at 1 and ate half can of tuna w/pb. Got 6 hrs, then two more after breakfast for a total of 8 hrs.

diet
    Going well so far today. Took 5g creatine w/water PW, then 4 scoops Nlarge. One hour later, I had a can of tuna w/ microwaved potato and a bowl of oatmeal w/1%milk. Also had 2 slices of whole wheat bread w/ this meal. Ill make sure to get my vitamins throughout the day.

Training...shoulders/traps/abs

Millitary press.....7x,4x,6.5x,5x (less weight w/ last 2 sets)
    Lat raises........18x,4x,10.5x (went for higher weight for 2nd set)
    Shrugs.......7x,8x,10x (grip gave out each time)
    worked on abs for 10min (weighted crunches, bicycle things)

comments: Tried to make sure back was straight on overhead press, did them sitting with support. Had to use lighter weight to keep my form solid. Overall it was a bad workout IMO. Took me 1hr 10min.

weight =179lbs

sleep
    Got about 8-9hrs last night. I think I got up once in the middle of the night and ate some cottage cheese. The other time I just ignored my alarm, im such an idiot. I was too lazy to get up.

diet
    Worked all day, so I am a little short on carbs as of now. Im going to bed in two hours, so im eating alot of carbs in the next hour. I try not to eat carbs one hour before I go to sleep.

training
    today was a rest day, i dont feel sore one bit from my shoulders and traps workout. I worked, but I didnt really do anything too physical that might cut into my recovery time.

Tommorow will be back/biceps day, I usually look forward to this day. Hopefully I will add 5lbs to my bentover rows, they have been increasing as of late, however my pullups havent. I will workout in the morning before I go to work.

weight=180lbs

btw....I "loaded" on creatine today, because I am a dumbass and forgot to do so on the first two days. Today and tommorow I will take 20g, and from then on I will take 10g per day.

sleep.....................good

diet............................good

supps....................forgot to take creatine early enough, so I had to take it w/water because I didnt want to take any carbs before bed. That was stupid of me to forget to take it early enough.

Training.............................back/bi's

bentover rows......11x,10x,8x(same weight each time)
    wide grip chins....4x,3x,2x
    DB bentover rows......12x,10x
    Incline DB curls....5x,7x,7x(dropped 2.5lbs off for last 2 sets)
    1 arm preacher curls.....9,6x; 5,5x.

rest day..........everything went well.