The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Mosh pit training

Hey everyone! I have been a lurker here for quite some time and this is the first question I could not find the answer to in the archives: I'm going to see Cryptopsy February 19 and this is going to be my first BIG death metal concert and I was wondering what type of traing sould I do to toughen myself up for the pit? I imagine this would be somewhat similar to training for martial arts. BTW i have been training seriously for about a year and have pretty decent build and am currently doing push/pull/legs type split.
    Thanks alot

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Two weeks isn't enough time to make a difference.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Just make sure to keep your elbows flared out.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Canadian
    Just get a friend to kick you in the face for two weeks. Then you will be ready.
    "Discipline is never an end itself, only a means to an end." - Robert Fripp

ah man, if I could mosh in the pit every morning for my cardio, I'd be loving it.

Deadlifts, Shrugs, Calf raises.

for sure.

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    drink a lot before hand and then piss on everyone near you, saying you have herpes.

Lots of ab work.

And wear a cup. I'm not kidding. I've gotten kicked in the balls in a mosh pit.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Make sure to punch and powerbomb (if you can grab them) every crowd surfer you see. I'm not kidding. They ruin the show. If a mosher falls, make sure to help them up. If a crowd surfer does, kick them as hard as you can in the back.

Canadian
    Originally posted by beercan
    If a crowd surfer does, kick them as hard as you can in the back.
    hahaha
    I fooking hate crowd surfers! I always end up getting booted in the face by some dork.
    "Discipline is never an end itself, only a means to an end." - Robert Fripp

Cryptopsy actually tours? I find that hard to believe.... I thought they died a long time ago.

Mosh pits require full body stregth and endurance. No one muscle group really "makes the mosher." Take it from me, I have death metal moshing experience.

Fear Factory, Slayer (twice), Dry Kill Logic, Soulfly, White Zombie, Black Sabbath, Drain, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, etc...

Feels like a fricking resume. lol

And I registered just to do that!!

*lmao*

ace.

welcome to the board.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

And I registered just to do that!!
    ROCK ON MOFO!:evillaugh

tryska, where is the stick?

oh yeah.....

oi new person.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Crptopsy rocks!!! Have a great show.

No training needed!

Just listen to music, watch the show and keep your head up.
    Also, pick up anyone that falls down.

Everyone is going to see the show, your all fans.. don't be that asshole in the pit who just wants to kill people.

I hate those fuckers.
    Stay Down With The

Runnin' with the Hatchet.. like WHUT?!?

Moshing is like opening a pickle jar. It involves hard work, dedication, and endurance. I don't think you got it in you. (There is nothing you can do in that short of time. Eat a lot so you get plump. Fat people don't feel as much pain, or bruise as easy.)
    LaLa

Joey54's crazy partner DumbbellTosser's Avatar
    Moshing is great!

The best moshers are the people that are just plain crazy. The adrenaline from the music should be enough to unscrew a few screws in your head to temporarily turn you into a crazed psychopath with a taste for blood. And be wary of brass knuckles and chains (if somebody gets sneaks them in there somehow).
    It's like I'm a juicer... but I'm not.

get a friend and work on your pit spin. If you do it good enough, you can take out 20-30 people with one spin, impresses everyone, plus it gets you on their good side. Did this at a Pantera show i went to, it was ACE! Do some cardio too, that **** takes the breath out of ya.. oh and to the bastard that dont like crowd surfing...... I DO!! I lost a shoe doing it once though had to hop to the train station..

Thanks alot for the advice everyone I didnt know there were so many DM fans here! I especialy like the herpes idea And Nights, I was not saying this is my first mosh experience, on the contray i have been to dozens of local shows, I was just wondering if there were any differences because of venue size that i should prepare for. BTW Manipul8r, I am not familiar with the term 'pit spin' could you explain

hmmmmmmmm pit spin..
    get a friend, face eachother about arms length apart, you grab his right hand with you left and his left hand with your right, ,lean back (so if one of you let go, you would both fall) and proceed to spin, sending people plummeting towards the floor.., then when you feel yourselves getting too much into the spin, both of you let go and take a few more people out.. very entertaining.. ROCK ON!