Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what kind of cigarettes do you smoke?

what kind of cigarettes do you smoke?

just wondering, thought it would be interesting to see what everybody here likes to smoke.

i prefer camel turkish jades
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

Banned
    id guess the majority of people here dont smoke, you know, seeing as there is no benefit to gain from it and the completely stupid concept of doing it in the first place.

If I were to smoke id go to the Beedee's or whatever they are called. I hear some truckstops carry rediculous tabacco products aswell.

Gamer/Lifter
    I don't smoke
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    "It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Yeah, I don't mean to be a jerk to the OP, but how many people on here smoke?
    25 years old, 5'10''

Back in the States to get hayooooge!

Health goals
    - Weigh a healthy and active 170-180, healthy mind and body
    - Dunk a basketball (hey a man can have big dreams huh)
    - Swim 2-3x/week and become a better swimmer

I Like The Kind That Gives Me Cancer
    5'10", 170lbs, 10% bf

Bench:255 Squat:295 Dead:400
    Snatch:145 C&J: 205
    Chin-Up: +135 Dip: +100
    Max Pull-Ups: 44

CrossFit Lv. 1, ACE-CPT

You want our weapons!? Come and get them!

Its easy to bash anyone for smokeing, and more often then not the bashees are addicted to something themselves. That would be like me rippin on someone for smokeing when I have an addiction for food. Theres no reason to eat the amounts/as often as I do, Ill eat even when im not hungry and fully immersed in something.

Addicitions are addictions, what you are addicted to makes some difference.... but calling people on it when you yourself cant break a habit is low IMO

Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL
    Its easy to bash anyone for smokeing, and more often then not the bashees are addicted to something themselves. That would be like me rippin on someone for smokeing when I have an addiction for food. Theres no reason to eat the amounts/as often as I do, Ill eat even when im not hungry and fully immersed in something.

Addicitions are addictions, what you are addicted to makes some difference.... but calling people on it when you yourself cant break a habit is low IMO

so you're comparing eating a lot of food (enough to say, put on 2lbs a week) with something that has been shown to damage your lungs, throat, and overall quality of life?
    5'10", 170lbs, 10% bf

CrossFit Lv. 1, ACE-CPT

Quote Originally Posted by KingWilder
    so you're comparing eating a lot of food (enough to say, put on 2lbs a week) with something that has been shown to damage your lungs, throat, and overall quality of life?
    I think his post was trying to say that don't criticize anyone until you find your faults and understand that you may very well be doing something also. Plus, just because you are addicted to something else, doesn't mean people will say anything because it may very well be accepted by society as a whole; an addiction to food is nearly socially acceptable.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

yeah, with America being as fat as it is I can see the point of what he was trying to say now.
    Last edited by KingWilder; 08-01-2006 at 08:01 AM.
    5'10", 170lbs, 10% bf

CrossFit Lv. 1, ACE-CPT

Anyone play the Riddick video game? The Cig boxes health warnings can be humorus.

My point was just as shark pointed out....

Dont be the kettle calling the pot black.

Addictions are hard to break, addictions to anything. People think its okay to justify the addiction based upon what its to.

I don't smoke often (anywhere from 1-2 times a month) but when I do I either smoke cigars or if I smoke cigarettes I smoke cloves blacks....

Banned

so we SHOULDNT tell people or try to convince people not to smoke because we may have addictions of our own (which i dont btw)?

My point was just as shark pointed out....

Dont be the kettle calling the pot black.

Addictions are hard to break, addictions to anything. People think its okay to justify the addiction based upon what its to.
    Seeing that everyone on the planet knows that cigs immesely increase the cause of cancer, heart disease and a laundry list of other illnesses, and also cost tax payers millions of dollars for their health care and then also kill millions of others with second hand smoke, I think it is our duty as responsible citizens to tell smokers that smoking is stupid and that if you are addicted and would like to kill your self; feel free that is your right, but I'd rather not have your second hand smoke killing me, my family and friends in addition to stealing thousands of my hard earn money to support your healthcare, simply because you like to darken your lungs and teeth at the same time and were not smart enough to pay attention to the ads that hit you every 2 secs about smoking being bad for you.

Addiction is a weakness, but when your addiction affects my family and friends and my pocket book, then it is no longer affecting just you, it is affecting everyone in your community. So, if you thinking telling someone who smokes that they are an idiot and that we are being selfish for telling someone what they can do, then IMO you are incorrect.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

..............cough
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyone View Post
    I agree with McVein

haha....cough....uintentional irony......i love it
    I agree with McVein

Waiting for weight! Powdered_Power's Avatar
    i like to switch every so many months, lately i have been smoking camel lights before that it was john player blue (oh yes, the knackers favorite!)

johnny bluues...wat part of dub u from?
    I agree with McVein

Blanchardstown, aaah the scenery... burned out cars and 11 year old girls pushin prams. yourself?

ah the blanch........bray....but i didn put wiclow in me profile thing......kno 1 knos wer dat is....and me oul lad lives in marino...i thought i was the only ACTUAL irish chap on the board....gud 2 kno..

so how bout dat luas
    I agree with McVein

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher
    Seeing that everyone on the planet knows that cigs immesely increase the cause of cancer, heart disease and a laundry list of other illnesses, and also cost tax payers millions of dollars for their health care and then also kill millions of others with second hand smoke, I think it is our duty as responsible citizens to tell smokers that smoking is stupid and that if you are addicted and would like to kill your self; feel free that is your right, but I'd rather not have your second hand smoke killing me, my family and friends in addition to stealing thousands of my hard earn money to support your healthcare, simply because you like to darken your lungs and teeth at the same time and were not smart enough to pay attention to the ads that hit you every 2 secs about smoking being bad for you.

Addiction is a weakness, but when your addiction affects my family and friends and my pocket book, then it is no longer affecting just you, it is affecting everyone in your community. So, if you thinking telling someone who smokes that they are an idiot and that we are being selfish for telling someone what they can do, then IMO you are incorrect.

And having an eating addiction isn't bad? Yeah, cigarettes increase the probability of cancer, disease, ect. You think the additives in today's foods don't? If you think not, start reading. Let's go after the eating addiction. An eating addiction makes people over weight, and if happens to be poor food choices then we have a lot of other scenarios to watch for: obesity, heart disease, colon cancer, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, ect. When people overeat that causes a chain that recedes down to you. Their eating habits may very well affect someone else and then they start doing the same and pretty soon it's socially acceptable to be out of shape, eat a lot of food, not care about your health and then it's just as bad as cigarettes (in the way that it's a chain). Now, me being an asthmetic, I feel cigarette smoking is terrible and should be stopped. It terrible for everyone around the smoker, the smoker, and people who have to suffer because of the financial drain of it. Of course, this is all my opinoin, and I am not saying anyone is incorrect.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

HAH! actual irish, i like that one.. youve got to embrace our irish american brothers man..theyre just like you and me minus the somewhat annoying accents. Theres actually a couple more fellas, one lad from kildare and some other guy..

ps wicklow is still culchy ;-D

haha.....culchie.....spose so...

we hafta try and introduce the use of the word "softboy" into the forum....it would benefit greatly i feel
    I agree with McVein

Quote Originally Posted by sharkall2003
    And having an eating addiction isn't bad? Yeah, cigarettes increase the probability of cancer, disease, ect. You think the additives in today's foods don't? If you think not, start reading. Let's go after the eating addiction. An eating addiction makes people over weight, and if happens to be poor food choices then we have a lot of other scenarios to watch for: obesity, heart disease, colon cancer, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, ect. When people overeat that causes a chain that recedes down to you. Their eating habits may very well affect someone else and then they start doing the same and pretty soon it's socially acceptable to be out of shape, eat a lot of food, not care about your health and then it's just as bad as cigarettes (in the way that it's a chain). Now, me being an asthmetic, I feel cigarette smoking is terrible and should be stopped. It terrible for everyone around the smoker, the smoker, and people who have to suffer because of the financial drain of it. Of course, this is all my opinoin, and I am not saying anyone is incorrect.
    Was this thread about eating disorders or eating addictions? did I mention it once in my post? But people who do not have thyroid problems or genetic issues for being over weight and are over weight due to eating poorly, then again my response is the same. It may be heartless, but it is the persons choice. I can decide to eat McGriddles everyday and become a fat a$$ but I don't because I know it is bad for me. If the person is able to discern what is right and wrong and what is healthy and not healthy, then they are deciding to do something unhealthy for themselves, just as smoking is. The problem with the US is that it is always someone elses fault for making cigarettes, or making fatty food, ya Big Macs are addictive, cigarettes are addictive, but since i have heard it about 3 million times that they are bad for me, I have decided to not use them. So I have to pay $800 a month out of pocket so my family can have health insurance, b/c some addictive cigarette smoking, double cheese burger eating can have quadruple bypass surgery and be on disability b/c their ankles are to weak to allow them to walk to their job.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.