Thread: Painful Wrist

Painful Wrist

Hello,

As some of you may or may not know I do kick boxing. I recently got a punch bag placed in my garden and in my excitment at the time began pelting it with no gloves on. I hit a straight cross and my wrist hurt for a bit and then calmed down.

Thing is, 3 weeks on it still hurts, but not all the time... I can punch with it, but I will feel the pain. But it is more When lifting something... if it is really light or really heavy, sometimes it will hurt others it will not, depends on the angle of my arm I guess.

The other thing I noticed is you know the ball on your wrist? The one towards the outside of your hand that seems a lot larger than the other, not sure if this is normal as I am right handed and it is the right wrist that hurts.

It isn't really stopping me do anything, I am just making sure my wrist supports are tight in kick boxing. But it is annoying when picking up e.g. a phone book and my wrist gives way? I guess it just needs rest, but with kick boxing 3 times a week isn't having time to recover?

Thanks for reading, any help appriciated.

Wannabebig Member
    if it's bothering you see a doctor. 3 weeks is a long time, if you need to take a week or even two off to let it heal then do it, work out your legs or practice your kicks or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Reala
    Hello,

As some of you may or may not know I do kick boxing. I recently got a punch bag placed in my garden and in my excitment at the time began pelting it with no gloves on. I hit a straight cross and my wrist hurt for a bit and then calmed down.

Thing is, 3 weeks on it still hurts, but not all the time... I can punch with it, but I will feel the pain. But it is more When lifting something... if it is really light or really heavy, sometimes it will hurt others it will not, depends on the angle of my arm I guess.

The other thing I noticed is you know the ball on your wrist? The one towards the outside of your hand that seems a lot larger than the other, not sure if this is normal as I am right handed and it is the right wrist that hurts.

It isn't really stopping me do anything, I am just making sure my wrist supports are tight in kick boxing. But it is annoying when picking up e.g. a phone book and my wrist gives way? I guess it just needs rest, but with kick boxing 3 times a week isn't having time to recover?

Thanks for reading, any help appriciated.
    I had problems with my wrist a while back, found out it was broken after four days of pain. Go figure, but anyways. If it's not swollen, it's not broken. Just be easy with it, take care of it. Let it heal.

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    See a doc. Try anti-inflammatories. I had a painful wrist but didn't know how to calm it down and kept aggravating it. Take some time off from wrist activities and take something like Aleve for a week. See if it helps. If not, definitely see a doc.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."