Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am Relentless...

Banned

I am Relentless...

This is my old journal.
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...threadid=11789

This is the record of where I got to with inconsistent efforts and a lack of commitment. All in all, it's not bad. I came out of it stronger, more knowledgeable and with a superior body composition to when I started.

But I wanted more.

In many areas of my life I have the simultaneous advantage and disadvantage of being able to achieve above average competence without really trying. I'm not trying to brag; it's just how it is. This leads to immediate gratification with many new endeavours as I can easily achieve a 'journeyman' type of proficiency. This also means I can be involved in a lot of projects and groups and hobbies and so on and enjoy myself in all of it.

But I crave excellence. I crave MASTERY. THat said, this craving was directionless and it sputtered on and off as I achieved temporary satisfaction by becoming "pretty good" at some new thing, adding to my personal "Jack of all Trades" list.

Then I realized something. I have, in the past, been able to achieve excellence and mastery. I have been able to achieve aggressive material, relationship and spiritual goals. But it required a relentless pursuit. I became a monomaniac at various points in my life and as a result, progressed rapidly in certain areas.

So the challenge before me now is to harness my ability to relentlessly pursue my goals WITHOUT losing focus and WITHOUT becoming monomaniacal. I have multiple personal, physical and creative goals I want to pursue and I need to find a way to progress them every day, every week.

This journal will be a record of my response to that challenge. The name change? That's part theatre and part personal reminder. Every time I logon to WBB I'll see it. Relentless will also be a word that will be inscribed in many locations throughout my life, reminding me not just to keep at it, but the greater context of "balanced relentlessness" (if that's even a legitimate term).

More later.
    Relentless
    Last edited by Relentless; 08-11-2006 at 02:07 PM.

Can I still call you Cal? Lol. Nice background, I can definitely relate. Looking forward to reading about your progress....
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin

I think DJ said something like, "If it's important - do it every day. If it's not important - don't do it at all."

Good luck man!
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Did you like get hurt alot during the course of your old journal???

In the beginning of it I saw arnolds of like 70's x 8 and 315 pounds squats for 4 reps after a back injury.

I figured you'd be squatting a house after 4 years of training??

Banned
    Who says the Bible isn't relevant anymore?

Important fact: It's a SIN for some chick to grab your nutsack if you're fighting with her man. If it happens to you next time you're in the ghetto bustin' heads, then quote the Bible to that skank!

Deuteronomy 25:11-12 (11) If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, (12) you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.

oh! new title, new journal.I'm staying
    Last edited by getfit; 08-15-2006 at 03:51 PM.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by razorcut
    Can I still call you Cal? Lol. Nice background, I can definitely relate. Looking forward to reading about your progress....
    Nope. But you get to call me Scott. Callahan was never anything but a nickname. I'll allow mods and friends (and those that are both) to use the RL name if they like.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    I think DJ said something like, "If it's important - do it every day. If it's not important - don't do it at all."

Good luck man!
    That's pretty spot on, I think. Thanks for the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL
    Did you like get hurt alot during the course of your old journal??? In the beginning of it I saw arnolds of like 70's x 8 and 315 pounds squats for 4 reps after a back injury. I figured you'd be squatting a house after 4 years of training??
    I have consistently managed to get injured playing football or in other activities once or twice a year throughout that whole period. I also went through two separate and ill advised cutting sessions that saw my strength tail off pretty dramatically. As a result, I'm somewhat stronger in several movements than I was when I started, and about the same for others.

Some comparisons of starting 2002 weights and maxes reached throughout the last while:

Incline DB Press 80s -> 100s
    Arnold Press 70s -> 90s
    Squats 315 poor ROM -> 385 past parallel
    Leg Press 810 -> 1000+
    Shrugs 90lb DBs -> 400+ BB
    Deadlifts 275 --> 465
    BB Bench 205 -->275
    Chins zero -> 10+
    EZ Curls 85 -> 145

My current strength level is not bad, I'm not at my personal best max levels for most exercises but neither am I heinously atrophied. My way of example I was in the gym this past week and knocked off:
    - a 405 deadlift
    - a 365 squat
    - 90lb Incline DB Benching
    - many bodyweight dips
    - a disappointing number of chins (barely able to get 6)

----------------------

In June of 2002, I reviewed progress that I'd made in that first year it looked like this

Shoulder Press
    June 2001 - 120 lbs
    June 2002 - 180 lbs

Leg Press
    June 2001 - 450 lbs
    June 2002 - 810 lbs

Arnold Press
    June 2001 - 45 lbs
    June 2002 - 75 lbs

Machine Rows
    June 2001 - 150 lbs
    June 2002 - 210 lbs

Leg Extensions
    June 2001 - 355 lbs
    June 2002 - 550 lbs (equivalent, doing 275 1-legged)

Leg Curls
    June 2001 - 180 lbs
    June 2002 - 255 lbs

Bench
    June 2001 - 180 lbs
    June 2002 - 262.5 lbs

Squats
    June 2001 - 225 lbs (using smith machine - yuk!)
    June 2002 - 315 lbs freeweight, solid reps

Machine Pectoral Flyes
    June 2001 - 120 lbs
    June 2002 - 210 lbs

Deadlifts
    June 2001 - 0 lbs
    June 2002 - 315 lbs

Generally speaking, part of the reason I've changed my name is reflective of the reason I haven't made the kind of progress you'd expect over 4 years. I've been inconsistent, particularly with my diet, and that has hampered my gains.

This is no longer the case. I'll be posting details as I have time and inclination.
    Last edited by Relentless; 08-15-2006 at 04:06 PM.

good luck toronto mofo!

Banned
    FYI all,

the last month has been what I'm terming "gym acclimatization"

I've been doing mostly random workouts, trying to get everything to hurt and generally getting my body used to the regular abuse again.

I've got two weeks of insane schedule ahead of me and then I'll be posting a diet and workout for comments, criticisms and all that.

Banned
    I am Relentless
    Day 1

AM Bodyweight: 229

Training
    T-Bar Rows
    135x5/5/5/5/5 (increase to 145)
    * an object lesson in machine weights not meaning a damn thing... in the gym in Toronto I could pull 5 plates on this. Here, I found 3 somewhat challenging. Still, finished the set.

Machine Rows
    120x8/8/8 (increase to 135)
    * They have every Hammerstrength machine *BUT* the row here so I was stuck using the dorky 'LifeFitness' one. We'll see how this goes. 120 was a piece of cake but I purposesly started low on this. 135 next.

Incline DB Press
    85x5/5/4/3/3
    I know I could hit 5x5 on 80s from my reconditioning workouts over the last month so I went to 85. Maybe it's because I'm not doing these fresh but I struggled a bit here. I expect to close out 85 next session.

Machine Flyes
    150x8/8/8 (increase to 165)
    * Again, a bit of a cupcake lift but I wanted to start low and progress.

Seated Lever Calf Press
    90x20/20/20
    * Well hot damn, a challenge. I know I can lift heavier than this but I'd never really gone high rep before. A slow burn permeated my calves around rep 14-15 in each set. I walked a little funny after each set as well.

Max Incline Crunches
    BWx12/12/12 (add 25lbs)
    * Started with no weight because, well, I haven't done ab work since 2004. As with all of these exercises, progression will be key. In any case, this felt pretty good so I'll start with adding weight next session.

Supplementation
    1 Pak Animal Pak
    1g Glucosamine
    1g additional Vitamin C
    10g Fish Oil
    4 scoops Nitrean
    2 scoops Elite Mega Mass (will switch this to Opticen when I run out...)

Diet
    Still working some kinks out here... I'm trying to combine my needs with the culinary desires of my pregnant wife. Always a challenge. Right now we're looking at about 3000 total calories to start the cutting process and I'll be scaling back as my fat loss plateaus. More detail in future posts.

Comments, Rants, You Name It
    Well it may or may not be obvious from the first workout, but I'm essentially following Built's Baby Got Back routine. I did a bunch of research, testing, thinking and discussing and wound up with a workout devised on my own that was damn similar so I just decided to scrap that and follow BGB for the hell of it. Back has never been a particularly weak spot for me like Chest has but I like the format and style of BGB so here it goes.

I finally bought a couple of properly-fitting ballcaps for my gym clothes bag. Now my vision tunnels down to the 180 degrees of y-axis below the brim and about 20 degrees of x-axis within the sharp curve of the brim (I worked it in, worked it in to look like that). I have a zeppelinesque head so finding a hat that fit was a challenge. I wanted Nike but they didn't have any large enough. There may some sort of lesson in there... something about Nike products only being suitable for smallheaded people... but I'm not going to look too hard for it.

Why am I doing all this? Why the name change? Why the new workouts? Why the renewed commitment to lifting and training and all that?
    1) I'm back playing football for 2 different teams again. Fitness is key to suriving this.
    2) I took some time off, and promptly gained 10lbs of mostly fat. Wake up call time was nigh.
    3) In less than 4 months I will be a father. I expect my life to become considerably busier and more complicated at that time. If I don't get a grip on diet and training NOW to the point where it is an ingrained habit in 4 months' time, I'll be completely screwed when Bubs comes along.
    4) I figure I should set a good example with the whole Administrator thing.
    Last edited by Relentless; 10-11-2006 at 12:13 PM.

Bubs. I like it, lol.

me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Banned
    I am Relentless
    Day 2

AM Bodyweight: 230

Training
    Squats
    225x5/5/5/5/5 (increase to 245)
    * As with all things, this is lightish but that's on purpose.

Leg Press
    5PPSx8/8/8 (increase to 6PPS)
    * 5PPS was a piece of cake. going to go up by a large increment here and probably less later.

High Foot Position Leg Press
    3PPSx20/20/20 (add 25 to each side)
    * As with yesterday's calf work, I was surprised a bit at my lack of endurance to even hit 20 reps on this... it was a struggle after 14-15 reps. Ground through it and then walked gimpily for a while. Is that a word? Gimpily? Gimpesque? With Gimplitude?

EZ Curls
    100x5/5/5/4/3
    * a bit disappointing given that I used to rep out at 135+ but I shall have patience.

Seated Hammer Curls
    35x8/7/6
    * Ugh... these were supposed to be 8-12 rep sets... if I can't get 8s across the board next time I will drop to 30.

Supplementation
    1 Pak Animal Pak
    1g Glucosamine
    1g additional Vitamin C
    10g Fish Oil
    4 scoops Nitrean
    2 scoops Elite Mega Mass

Diet
    Not terribly clean yesterday evening as we're still working through Thanksgiving leftovers. Utterly clean throughout the day though... protein shakes, tuna and eggs were the staple elements. Grocery shopping this weekend will solidify my diet plan and I'll start posting macros and meals and stuff in the next week.

I forgot my notebook and my mp3 player at the office today on my way to the gym. Went ahead without them and plowed through the workout nonetheless. I felt like it was the universe sending me a personal reminder that it won't always be convenient or comfortable when I'm hitting the iron but the trick is to do it ANYWAY.

---

Saw a kid in the gym today doing EZ curls. He must've weighed a buck fifty soaking wet and looked like he was 19 or so. He did at least 10 sets of curls that I saw, complete with enough body movement to almost make the movements into reverse-grip cleans! Here's hoping that he learns how to eat and how to train before he burns himself out because he sure had intensity to burn!

Feedback

Stash: Yup. We don't know what it'll be, genderwise, so until then it's 'Bubs'. Once we sort out the penis/!penis equation, we're looking at either Declan Jack or Leelu Joy for names.
    Last edited by Relentless; 10-12-2006 at 11:25 AM.

Banned
    I am Relentless - Day 3
    Monday, October 16 2006

AM Bodyweight: 234

Training
    Chins
    BW-50x5/5/5/5/5 (increase to -30)
    * As with all things, this is lightish but that's on purpose.

Hammerstrength ISO Pulldown
    2PPSx8/8/5
    * heavier than I thought... excellent stretch in the lats at the top of the ROM though.

Arnold Press
    60x5/5/5/5/5 (increase to 65)
    * As always, shoulders seem strong. Looking forward to good progress here.

Standing Side Laterals
    20x8/8/8 (increase to 25)
    * piece of cake...

Calf Raise on Leg Press
    3PPSx20/20/20 (increase to 4 PPS)
    * felt pretty good although I had to reset foot position about once per set...

Max Incline Crunches
    10x12/12/9
    * Not sure if it was just my abs being weak as hell or possibly an incipient hernia but my lower abs were screaming on this... must monitor their condition.

Supplementation
    1 Pak Animal Pak
    1g Glucosamine
    1g additional Vitamin C
    10g Fish Oil
    4 scoops Nitrean
    2 scoops Elite Mega Mass

Diet
    Generally good. I'm definitely getting maintenance or more calories (witness the weight gain over last week... although 4 lbs in a weekend must be mostly water. Mostly clean again, with a few minor cheats. I'm not going to worry about being super clean until I've been in the gym solid for a month or so and will work towards super clean week by week.

Played football again this weekend in my new Kitchener league. This whole 'continuous forward passing' really changes the game, and I find I have to fight my reflexes some of the time in order to stay in coverage. Trying to get my team to play zone instead of man on defense so we can run less and have more opportunities to intercept.

Feedback

Nil.
    Last edited by Relentless; 10-17-2006 at 12:35 PM.

Banned
    I am Relentless - Day 4
    Tuesday, October 17 2006

AM Bodyweight: 233

Training
    Romanian Deadlifts
    315 x 5/5/5/5/5 (increase to 335)
    * my grip was sore after this and posterior chain protested a bit but all in all good reps. I expect this will shoot up pretty quickly and consistently once I'm used to lifting heavy again.

Leg Curls
    165 x 8/8/12 (increase to 180)
    * this was easy enough

Leg Extensions
    180 x 20/20/15
    * Holy lactic acid Batman! Failure on set 3 was unexpected! Should cash this in next session though, as I continue to adapt to the new training.

Dips
    BW x 5/5/5/5/5 (add 10 lbs)
    * piece of cake... now to start strapping up with weight

1-Hand Reverse Tricep Pressdowns
    30 x 12/12/12 (increase to 35)
    * not too hard, although slightly harder than I expected! I used to do 70 or more on this... of course that was on a different machine...

Supplementation
    1 Pak Animal Pak
    1g Glucosamine
    1g additional Vitamin C
    10g Fish Oil
    4 scoops Nitrean
    2 scoops Elite Mega Mass

Diet
    Generally good. Not super clean. In fact, had a little dessert last night. Sara made some sauteed spiced figs into a sauce which we put on top of some vanilla frozen yogurt. Decadent!!

I am 3-3 in the WBB fantasy football league. WTF!??!? I should be dominating!! Ah well, I'll pick things up in the 2nd half of the season I'm sure. Now that Houshmanzadeh is healthy (crosses fingers) and Stallworth will be healthy (crosses other fingers).

Feedback

Nil.
    Last edited by Relentless; 10-17-2006 at 12:35 PM.

areu just trying high reps for some exercises? or have u found that doing higher rep schemes works with lower rep earlier exercises (like in pmdl's hypertrophy primer)? workouts are looking good!

Andrew
    Do what needs to be done.

Every time I was in the hole I swear a turd kissed my underwear. - Hatred
    I love snatch. I think I'm addicted to it. - Stray
    I like a woman I can climb - Jinkies
    Personally ... I'm a vagitarian - Brawl
    I don't box, but I'll have a dance off with any of you tools. When I get all my 230 lbs shaking and grooving you bet your a$$es you'll get served. - BilltheButcher

Banned
    I am Relentless - Day 1
    Thursday, October 19 2006

Training
    T-Bar Rows
    145x5/5/5/5/5 (increase to 155)
    * Felt pretty good although doing these with a protein burp on its way results in painful cramps... LOL!

Machine Rows
    135x8/8/8 (increase to 150)
    * Pretty light still but I'll stick with progressing 15lbs a week until I top out and then I'll progress the reps

Incline DB Press
    85x5/5/5/5/4
    * Did somebody say growth rep? I got stuck on rep5 of set4 and I ground it out. I think I might have growled a little in doing so because some skinny little personal trainer looked at me funny when I put the DBs down. I expect I will close this out next week and move to 90s! Great reps overall; I struggled a bit with the last rep on the last 2 sets but everything else was strong.

Machine Flyes
    165x8/8/8 (increase to 180)
    * destroyed this weight... time for more.

Seated Lever Calf Press
    100x20/20/20 (increase to 115)
    * Felt MUCH more capable with this week's effort. I am already adapting to the workload.

Max Incline Crunches
    * stopped in first set due to lower abdominal pain. I am going to get checked out to ensure I don't have an incipient hernia. This isn't just 'sore muscle pain' it's something else. Dammit.

Supplementation
    1 Pak Animal Pak
    1g Glucosamine
    1g additional Vitamin C
    10g Fish Oil
    4 scoops Nitrean
    2 scoops Elite Mega Mass (will switch this to Opticen when I run out...)

Diet
    Good so far this week. Chicken breasts, broccoli, soup, etc. is the order of the day.

Sometimes the thing I like most about lifting is the fact that you cannot think about anything else other than the iron. Reality fades until it is just you, the iron, and your desire to move it. Life moves pretty fast, and being under a bunch of iron slows all of that down to a crawl as you grind out one... more... rep...

Maybe I'm overanalyzing it.

Feedback

Bohizzle: As stated earlier in the journal, I'm essentially following Built's "Baby Got Back" which mirrors PMDL's Hypertrophy primer in many ways and also matches my own experience and research. Does that answer your question?

Man lovin' your new dedication to the Iron! Also the out look you have towards lifting and diet.

Congrats on becoming a father soon!
    Make Shift IF diet
    My Training Experience
    GET BODY SMART
    Goals:
    CF WOD and Recomp...
    "My fault. I was fiddling with the Gravitational Constant of the Universe again.
    I've set it back - you might need to reboot, though..." -Built

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal--
    nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas J

"Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated" - Slim Schaedle

[QUOTE=Relentless Does that answer your question?[/QUOTE]
    It certainly does
    Do what needs to be done.

Every time I was in the hole I swear a turd kissed my underwear. - Hatred
    I love snatch. I think I'm addicted to it. - Stray
    I like a woman I can climb - Jinkies
    Personally ... I'm a vagitarian - Brawl
    I don't box, but I'll have a dance off with any of you tools. When I get all my 230 lbs shaking and grooving you bet your a$$es you'll get served. - BilltheButcher

I really like the setup of this journal. You seem to have a great grasp on training and are making solid gains already. Best of luck entering fatherhood.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless
    Maybe I'm overanalyzing it.

Heavy pieces of metal hold very little conversation value, good stuff.

Looks like everthings back on track Scott

Couldn't make it to TO this time around got caught up with work here.I'm hoping I can make it before Christmas.
    Last edited by getfit; 10-20-2006 at 03:45 AM.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Banned
    I am Relentless - Day 2
    Friday, October 20 2006

Training
    Squats
    245x5/5/5/5/5 (increase to 275)
    * My sometimes-wobbly knee felt stable on these. They were all solid, below parallel and with good burst. Of course I'd expect that with light squats.

Leg Press
    6PPSx8/8/8 (increase to 7PPS)
    * Ah if only I could increase like this every week on every lift. Obviously I'm still below my working weight here but I'll progress up gradually.

High Foot Position Leg Press
    3PPS+25x20/20/20 (increase to 4PPS)
    * Endurance much better on these; didn't really slow down or feel the lactic acid until 3rd set this time

EZ Curls
    100x5/5/5/5/5 (increase to 110)
    * 110 is the largest "preset" EZ curl bar in the gym. After that I'll have to use the oly weights on the adjustable bar. Finally!

Seated Hammer Curls
    30x6/6/6
    * Ugh... just U-G-L-Y. I think I'm either gassed from the workout or just REALLY not used to doing multiple exercises for biceps. I will drop these to 25 and see how that goes. 25 seems so light but I just can't get the reps here.

Supplementation
    1 Pak Animal Pak
    1g Glucosamine
    1g additional Vitamin C
    10g Fish Oil
    4 scoops Nitrean
    2 scoops Elite Mega Mass

Diet
    Still mostly clean. Had some flatbreads with chili as main dinner last night. Peanuts and a bit of yogurt as a snack. I will think about getting religious about food choices next month. For now, continuing to make 90+%clean choices will be the order of the day as I feel leaner already and I'm making progress.

Saw a real King of the Quarter Squats today. He did the saddest plyometric jump squats I've ever seen (with just the bar and then a quarter on each side) and then did more Quarter Squats than anyone I've ever seen, ranging in weights up to 315. Actually Quarter Squats would be a generous term. He basically unlocked his knees, bobbed a bit and locked them again for each 'rep'. I resisted a strong urge to play dumb and ask him how he was able to lift so much but I think my own physique would have given away the deception.

---

Song of the Moment: OK GO - Invincible

Feedback

ddegroff: Thanks for the kind words.

sidior: Thanks for the kind words. I like to think that I do occasionally have a few accurate notions about training. They're not gains yet though. They're just progression in submaximal work. Sort of a halfassed periodization as I get back into a proper workout mode after about a year of mostly not being consistent, being injured and generally messing things up.

Risk10k: Yeah. I never met a 45lb-plate that could really hold up its own end of a debate. I just keep getting the silent treatment. I guess that it really only has the one rhetorical tactic.

Sylvia: I shall simply have to rely on memories of our last meeting to tide me over with warm fuzzies.

Man, all this time I thought you were MIA, but you just changed your name.
    Last time I checked you were doing DC training... Did you stop because you were tired of the routine?

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Banned
    I am Relentless - Day 3
    Monday, October 23 2006

AM Bodyweight: 231

Training
    Chins
    BW-30x5/5/5/5/3
    * I think that the 'assist' is hindering as much as helping with this, as it mostly gets in the way. I will do next week with 30 assist and assuming I hit 5x5, I will jump right to regular chins on a regular pullup bar.

Hammerstrength ISO Pulldown
    2PPSx8/8/8 (increase to 2PPS+10)
    * /pwned

Arnold Press
    65x5/5/5/5/5 (increase to 70)
    * Just destroyed 65. I thought I might not make it after a slow lockout on rep5 of set 4 but I got through set 5 like a champ. Got to make sure my DB bench stays ahead of this.

Standing Side Laterals
    25x8/8/8 (increase to 30)
    * piece of cake... again

Calf Raise on Leg Press
    4PPSx20/13/12
    * adding pauses at the bottom of the ROM both gives the calves a good stretch and makes this harder on the calves. I like it. Also had some minor foot slipping but I just reset foot position and it was fine.

Max Incline Crunches
    Ab work still on hold until evaluation.

Supplementation
    1 Pak Animal Pak
    1g Glucosamine
    1g additional Vitamin C
    10g Fish Oil
    4 scoops Nitrean
    2 scoops Elite Mega Mass

Diet
    Good on the weekend for the most part. A bit of cheating here and there (had a beer Saturday night and a bit of frozen yogurt Sunday), and calories were good overall. I'm getting into the mode where junk food is no longer appealing, which is typical for me when I clean up my diet. It gets so I don't even WANT stuff that isn't essentially healthy/on-diet.

Got a couple of receptions in the new football league this weekend. Nothing glamorous but ran good routes and made clean catches. Didn't make any 'tackles' on defense though but I attribute that to my blanket coverage of my assigned receivers. I am feeling pretty well adjusted to the league now although there are still some stupid rules that bug me.

Feedback

Beast: Hey dude. Yeah it was time for a change. I was a bit tired of DC and I also was finding it kind of hard on my joints. High rep medium-heavy work is brutal for that. For now, I will stick with the 'Baby Got Back' type program which I feel is pretty well constructed. I definitely will get back to DC at some point but just not right now.

Energizer Bunnie
    I've been inconsistent, particularly with my diet, and that has hampered my gains.
    Unfortunately for me....I was trying to keep up with hubby on the eating front....but he's 6'2 & weighing 95kg......bad news for moi

Great journal & brilliant choice of name...good luck
    "Happiness is not an accident. Nor is it something you wish for. Happiness is something you design." Jim Rohn

A Work In Progress....II

DailyDiet