Thread: I am Relentless...

Banned
    I am Relentless - Day 4
    Tuesday, October 24 2006

AM Bodyweight: 231

Training
    Romanian Deadlifts
    335 x 5/5/5/5/5 (increase to 355?)
    * agh! posterior chain needs to stop being such a wimp! wicked sore after this immediately after doing these... but it felt better afterwards. I suspect the small muscles are just not used to the work? I will seek advice on form for this movement.

Leg Curls
    180 x 8/8/10 (increase to 195)
    * again, easy stuff

Leg Extensions
    180 x 20/20/20 (increase to 195)
    * My expectations were correct; my body is adapting to the higher volume work and I powered through this with little difficulty.

Dips
    BW+10 x 5/5/5/5/5 (increase to +25)
    * no problem with 10 pounds dangling between my legs (you know, in addition to the other massive objects already dangling there... LOL). Time for more.

1-Hand Reverse Tricep Pressdowns
    35 x 12/12/12 (increase to 35)
    * Felt much better on this today. Good pump in the tris.

Supplementation
    1 Pak Animal Pak
    1g Glucosamine
    1g additional Vitamin C
    10g Fish Oil
    4 scoops Nitrean
    2 scoops Elite Mega Mass

Diet
    Generally good. Looking forward to getting on track with a stricter diet plan in 2 weeks or so.

Comments, Rants, You Name It

I saw King of the Quarter Squats again today. Doing "curls" in the squat rack. His lower back and legs were getting quite a workout. Colour me utterly unsurprised.

Feedback

Franjilicious: You can eat the same things as him. Just don't eat as much. LOL!! I often eat different meals from Sara even though we're eating meals at the same time. When I cook, sometimes I'll make some common stuff but we might have different side dishes or whatever.

strong work
    2000 or bust

I suspect the small muscles are just not used to the work?
    I'd agree, it's only going to get better.

Nice work!
    Make Shift IF diet
    My Training Experience
    GET BODY SMART
    Goals:
    CF WOD and Recomp...
    "My fault. I was fiddling with the Gravitational Constant of the Universe again.
    I've set it back - you might need to reboot, though..." -Built

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal--
    nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas J

"Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated" - Slim Schaedle

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless
    * no problem with 10 pounds dangling between my legs (you know, in addition to the other massive objects already dangling there... LOL).

The chain holding the plate? :P

Nice workout big guy! So how strict do you get on your diet? Down to marcro or you just as cleanly as possible with a preset caloric total?

I'm impressed with the new and improved Callahan. More power to you, as I've also recently rededicated.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless
    Franjilicious: You can eat the same things as him. Just don't eat as much. LOL!! I often eat different meals from Sara even though we're eating meals at the same time. When I cook, sometimes I'll make some common stuff but we might have different side dishes or whatever.
    Agreed. Especially you're doing the cooking. I cook so they tend to eat what I put in front of the, except I reserve more protein for me. hehehe.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Congrats on bubs!! And nice consistency with the training ... your comment about things not being perfect (forgetting ipod, shoes, shorts, whatever) is exactly right. When you're faced with difficulty and you still follow through, you end up strengthening your discipline. Not that forgetting your damn ipod is a big deal, but still ....

Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Banned
    I am Relentless - Day 1
    Thursday, October 26 2006

AM Bodyweight: 232

Training
    T-Bar Rows
    155x5/5/5/5/5 (increase to 165)
    * Not too shabby.

Machine Rows
    150x8/8/8 (increase to 165)
    * Felt good and strong through this; had good peak contractions at the top of each ROM

Incline DB Press
    85x5/5/5/5/5 (increase to 90)
    * All right. Closed out the 85s and time to bust out the 90s. They are the first set of DBs on the "big boy rack" at the end. It's like I'm all grownsed up. Actually I can't wait to get back on the 100s just because it's a badass number. Not sure what I will do once I go past the 120s, because that's the heaviest DBs in the gym. Guess I'll have to do BB bench instead. That will be a good problem to have though I guess.

Machine Flyes
    180x8/8/8 (increase to 195)
    * once again, utter domination of the weight... of course it was way light. LOL. Still, I will be disciplined with my progression. Slow and steady.

Seated Lever Calf Press
    115x20/20/20 (increase to 135)
    * Again felt very strong through this although had to reset foot position a couple of times. Pausing at the bottom of the rep makes these a lot more challenging though. You can't rely on your muscle's elasticity to get you "out of the hole".

Max Incline Crunches
    * still suspended pending examination

Supplementation
    1 Pak Animal Pak
    1g Glucosamine
    1g additional Vitamin C
    10g Fish Oil
    4 scoops Nitrean
    2 scoops Elite Mega Mass (will switch this to Opticen when I run out...)

Diet
    Continuing as mostly clean. The fact that I've been maintaining relative bodyweight over the last couple weeks while training hard again and eating maintenance to slightly above maintenance in calories says to me I'm recomposing already. My pants are looser and my shirts are tighter.

KOTQS was back in action in the squat rack today. More "plyo squats". I didn't stick around long enough to see the 315lb quarter squats but I'm sure they were amusing. Was I ever this clueless looking in the gym? Surely I must have been.

Feedback

Stumprrp: It's getting there. Talk to me again in 3 months.

ddegroff: Thanks for the kind words. I felt ok today so I take that as a sign that nothing was strained; just stressed from the heavy workload.

Risk10k: Right now my only rules are: minimum calories per day, minimum grams protein per day, and GENERALLY choose wisely about treats/snacks/etc. I had pizza Tuesday night for instance, but kept it to 4 pieces and also had some chicken breast and broccoli. But that was the only major meal in about a week that was that far "off track". I expect to get stricter and stricter as time goes on with diet but right now I'm still in early stages so my focus is reacclimating to constant hard training and taking advantage of muscle memory.

Nick Hatfield: Thanks man. The trick is to reform the habits that you've lost. Rereading Covey's "7 Habits" has also helped me.

Jeff: Yup. That's the way to do it. Actually, with Sara pregnant she is occasionally deciding partway through a meal that she is done with her chicken breast or burger or whatever (meat is turning her off at odd times). More protein for me!!

Anthony: Thanks man. I tend to analyze myself and my actions a lot and I take heart in making good decisions. We are, after all, a product of all of our decisions. The big ones and the little ones alike. My goal is to be just as consistent 3 months from now. Then I'll KNOW I've properly established new habits and I will already have achieved significant change. Actually training has never been hard for me to be religious about but diet has always been an x-factor. I enjoy cooking and I enjoy eating, although I don't really get cravings or go on binges. The hard part, I think, will be cooking more and more separate meals for my wife as time goes on. BEcause she's picky and finicky at the best of times, let alone when she's pregnant. She just couldn't eat chicken breast and broccoli every night while I could do that for a LONG time.
    Last edited by Relentless; 10-26-2006 at 12:51 PM.

Nice RDLs Mr. Admin haha. Good to see a journal from ya.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Very nice session there, the very strong inclines!

Everything seems in order How do you find the animal pak vitamins instead of a multi?
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Banned
    I am Relentless - Day 2
    Friday, October 27 2006

Bodyweight: 233

Training
    Squats
    275x5/5/5/5/5 (increase to 295)
    * Very solid reps. My low back was a little tired by the end of it but I had excellent burst out of the hole and nice deep reps. Not ATF but below parallel.

Leg Press
    7PPSx8/8/8 (increase to 8PPS)
    * Well it was harder than 6PPs. But I still ground it out. I think 8PPS will be where I slow down, based on how this felt.

High Foot Position Leg Press
    4PPSx20/16/13
    * These just tired me out... I felt like I should have been able to power through them but my legs just got fried...

EZ Curls
    110x5/5/4/3/3
    * Felt real strong on the first 2 sets and then tailed off a little. These were all rock solid reps though. No body sway/english. Just grinding it out and thrashing the bis.

Seated Hammer Curls
    25x8/8/8
    * Well this was too light. Back to 30s I guess.

Supplementation
    1 Pak Animal Pak
    1g Glucosamine
    1g additional Vitamin C
    10g Fish Oil
    6 scoops Nitrean
    (ran out of Elite Mega Mass at the office; got some more at home I'll bring in next week)

Diet
    Continuing cleanish.

Song of the Moment: Antiflag - Born to Die

---

Work is a bitch lately. I don't have the energy to rant.

Feedback

Chubrock: Thank yew for yore sew-port.

Risk10k: Meh. I'll feel strong when I move past the 100s again. Thanks though.

sidior: Animal Pak are to Multivitamins as weighted Dips are to Tricep Kickbacks. I like them. I feel better, recover faster and have vastly reduced DOMS when I take Animal Pak.

Banned
    I am Relentless - Day 3
    Monday, October 30 2006

AM Bodyweight: 232

Training
    Chins
    BWx5/3/3/2.5/2.5
    * A testament to my fatassedness. Ah well, this is much better than dicking around with minimal-assist levels on the machine. I will work up to 5x5 and then start strapping on weight. Strained my left bicep a bit doing this... must remember to keep descent slower and controlled.

Hammerstrength ISO Pulldown
    2PPS+10x8/6/6
    * this felt pretty good and the ROM is so long I get a stretch at the top, which is nice.

Arnold Press
    70x5/5/5/3/3
    * left bicep tendon was tender throughout this... basically it would twinge mightily at the bottom of the ROM. Overall I was pleased with the reps though. I'll be back up to my previous working weight of 80 in no time and then it'll be PR time.

Standing Side Laterals
    30x7/6/5
    * not too bad... again the left arm was a bit sore. Really felt this in my delts, and I did these with a slower, deliberate motion.

Calf Raise on Leg Press
    4PPSx20/17/15
    * good progress on reps here; the paused reps definitely improve this exercise

Supplementation
    1 Pak Animal Pak
    1g Glucosamine
    1g additional Vitamin C
    10g Fish Oil
    4 scoops Nitrean
    2 scoops Elite Mega Mass (vanilla now, I've finished chocolate but found some old vanilla I had... sadly this means it will be a while longer before I enjoy Opticen's tasty goodness).

Diet
    On track for most of the weekend.

Played football on Saturday (1 TD, 1 INT, 10-12 receptions, 3-4 passes defensed). Wound up losing because we gave up a couple plays we shouldn't have. I had fun though.

My buddy Dan was up for the weekend so I played in Toronto. He was on fire. He is playing lighter than he has been (around 195) and he was an animal on the field. Multiple TD catches, multiple INTs, including one intercepted in the end zone that he ran back for a TD. He is breaking on the ball very well.

Feedback

nil

Strong workout!

Hopefully the bicep isn't too strained.
    Make Shift IF diet
    My Training Experience
    GET BODY SMART
    Goals:
    CF WOD and Recomp...
    "My fault. I was fiddling with the Gravitational Constant of the Universe again.
    I've set it back - you might need to reboot, though..." -Built

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal--
    nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas J

"Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated" - Slim Schaedle

Chins are hard dont sweat it. Nice arnies!
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Strong Arnold Presses man. You'll get those chinups up to snuff quickly. No worries.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Banned
    I am Relentless - Day 4
    Tuesday, October 31 2006

Training
    Romanian Deadlifts
    355 x 5/5/5/3/3
    * pos chain felt better on these today

Leg Curls
    195 x 8/8/8 (increase to 210)
    * killed these

Leg Extensions
    195 x 20/17/14
    * Hello lactic acid

Dips
    BW+25 x 5/5/3/3/3
    * The first rep in every set was a struggle, but the rest were strong. What's up with that? I find it hard to do the first rep, but once I get past that, the 2nd and subsequent reps feel much smoother.

40 x 12/12/12 (increase to 45)
    * holy swollen triceps, Batman!

Supplementation
    1 Pak Animal Pak
    1g Glucosamine
    1g additional Vitamin C
    10g Fish Oil
    4 scoops Nitrean
    2 scoops Elite Mega Mass

Diet
    Good.

I think that all of us, at some level, want to be Heroes. Even if it's just to one other person. For some, maybe it's antiheroes but the drive remains the same.

---

Watched "Hannah and her Sisters" last night. I don't much care for Woody Allen but some of the dialogue in this flick was superb.

[Frederick is talking about TV]
    Frederick: You see the whole culture. Nazis, deodorant salesmen, wrestlers, beauty contests, a talk show. Can you imagine the level of a mind that watches wrestling? But the worst are the fundamentalist preachers. Third grade con men telling the poor suckers that watch them that they speak with Jesus, and to please send in money. Money, money, money! If Jesus came back and saw what's going on in his name, he'd never stop throwing up.

Mickey's Father: How the hell do I know why there were Nazis? I don't know how the can opener works!

Gail: Listen, kid, I think you snapped your cap. Maybe you need a few weeks in Bermuda or something. Or go to a whorehouse! (spoken by Julie Kavner, who some of you may know as the voice of Marge Simpson. It was trippy to hear Marge suggest a whorehouse visit!)

Feedback

ddegroff: Feels fine today so I think I'm alright.

sidior: Oh don't get me wrong. I like that they're difficult. I just find it's a useful measure of my overall fitness (or lack thereof).

chubrock: I'd like to see the Arnolds get to 100 and the Incline DB Press get to 120/130.
    Last edited by Relentless; 10-31-2006 at 12:51 PM.

When I do the posterior chain movements, even deads alot of the time, I also feel almost immediate sore/stiffness. Those are just the breaks I guess.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Banned
    I am Relentless - Day 2
    Friday, November 3 2006

Bodyweight: 230

Training
    Squats
    295x5/5/5/5/5 (increase to 315)
    * Very solid reps AGAIN. Good burst out of the hole, nice depth, and my sometimes-problematic knee was stable. I liked them. Time for 3 plates again. Starting to feel properly manly with these. If I can keep progressing I will be hitting PRs in early next year as I take advantage of muscle memory and regain my previous strength levels.

Leg Press
    8PPSx8/8/6
    * Just kind of ran out of steam on the last set. I didn't really REALLY grind it out so I maybe could have gotten 2 more but I'm comfortable with this if I hit 3x8 next week..

4PPSx20/20/20 (Increase to 4PPS+25)
    * Felt like this was almost too light...

EZ Curls
    110x5/5/5/5/5 (increase to 115)
    * Time to stop dicking around with the preloaded bars and move back to the EZ bar with Oly weights. There is something satisfying about curling with a 45 on each side...

Seated Hammer Curls
    30x8/8/8 (increase to 35)
    * I don't know why I wasn't able to do this before, but these FLEW up. Maybe it was just a conditioning thing, getting used to the workload again.

Supplementation
    1 Pak Animal Pak
    1g Glucosamine
    1g additional Vitamin C
    10g Fish Oil
    6 Elite Mega Mass (ran out of Nitrean and forgot to bring more from home)

Diet
    Continuing cleanish. I'll be officially one month in to the new program next week and will start getting religion on diet at that time.

Song of the Moment: The Tragically Hip - Little Bones

Feedback

Nick Hatfield: Yeah but I'm used to NOT feeling it. I believe it's just a case of being a little out of shape and not used to the workload.

Banned
    I am Relentless - Day 3
    Monday, November 6 2006

Bodyweight: 232

Training
    Chins
    BWx5/5/3.5/3/3
    * Better but still pretty sad.

2PPS+10x8/8/8 (increase to +20)
    * Noice!

Arnold Press
    70x5/5/5/5/5 (increase to 75)
    * Again left bicep tendon gave me minor grief at bottom of ROM. Finished off 70 though.

Standing Side Laterals
    30x8/6.5/6
    * Minor progress here.

Calf Raise on Leg Press
    4PPSx20/20/15
    * the calf pump I got from this was pretty cool... I don't think I've ever managed a calf pump before.

Supplementation
    1 Pak Animal Pak
    1g Glucosamine
    1g additional Vitamin C
    10g Fish Oil
    4 scoops Nitrean
    2 scoops Elite Mega Mass

Diet
    On track for most of the weekend.

Played football in my Kitchener league. 4-5 receptions, and an assist on a TD pass where I shovel-passed to a teammate and he heave-hoed it downtown for a score. I still think this whole continuous-forward-passing thing is pretty dumb though. We lost 13-7 at the end.

Feedback

nil

Banned
    I am Relentless - Day 4
    Tuesday, November 7 2006

Training
    Romanian Deadlifts
    355 x 5/5/5/5/5 (increase to 375)
    * felt quite good throughout. Posterior chain issues are gone.

Leg Curls
    210 x 8/8/8 (increase to 225)
    * starting to get near the end of the stack on this... either I'll start doing them 1-legged or switch to a new exercise

Leg Extensions
    195 x 20/20/20 (increase to 210)
    * well, this hurt... but I did it.

Dips
    BW+25 x 5/5/5/3/3
    * Still fighting on the first rep of every set and then strong for the others. Damndest thing. I will ask the forum for ideas on this.

45 x 12/12/8
    * I am pumped *clap* up!

Supplementation
    1 Pak Animal Pak
    1g Glucosamine
    1g additional Vitamin C
    10g Fish Oil
    4 scoops Nitrean
    2 scoops Elite Mega Mass

Diet
    Good.

"Wanting it doesn't make it so. If it did, we'd all learn to want harder. I can already want quite vigorously, thank you very much. "
    One of "Slovotsky's Laws", from the mouth of the character Walter Slovotsky, by author Joel Rosenberg.
    Easily one of my favourite authors of all time. His Guardians of the Flame series is worth reading.

More Slovotsky's Laws:
    "16: When the universe doesn't give a ****, don't be mad: it's being as friendly as it ever gets."

"22: Never date a woman with a brother named Nunzio."

"When you know not whereof you speak, your mouth is best used for chewing."

"Not getting cut up into bloody little slices is the key to a sound plan. "

That'll do for now.

Feedback

Nil.

Banned
    I am Relentless - Day 1
    Thursday, November 8 2006

Bodyweight: 234

Training
    T-Bar Rows
    165x5/5/5/4/4
    * I got 5 reps on the last 2 sets but wasn't happy with the ROM.

Machine Rows
    180x8/8/8 (increase to 195)
    * Still feels pretty light

Incline DB Press
    90x5/5/5/5/5 (increase to 95)
    * 5lbs more to 100s. Then I'll start to stress that the DBs only go up to 120. There's always something to worry about.

Machine Flyes
    195x8/8/8 (increase to 210)
    * Piece of cake. Well, MOSTLY a piece of cake. I was shaking a bit on the last set.

Seated Lever Calf Press
    135x20/20/12
    * Calf cramps are fun!

Supplementation
    1 Pak Animal Pak
    1g Glucosamine
    1g additional Vitamin C
    10g Fish Oil
    4 scoops Nitrean
    2 scoops Elite Mega Mass (will switch this to Opticen when I run out...)

Diet
    Continuing as mostly clean. I am going to start increasing calories now for a while and see if I can get weight up to 240 while maintaining current BF levels.

Nada.

Feedback

Nil.

Banned
    I am Relentless - Day 2
    Friday, November 10 2006

Bodyweight: 234

Training
    Squats
    315x5/5/5/5/4
    * Was just a little wobbly on the last set and didn't want to push for a 5th. I'll close this out next week and move on up, most likely.

Leg Press
    8PPSx8/8/8 (increase to 9PPS)
    * Managed to get through this surprisingly easily.

4PPS+25x20/20/14
    * Just kinda lost steam on the last set.

EZ Curls
    115x5/4/3/2/2
    * This felt a BUNCH heavier than 110, but this is the first week using the oly curl bar with freeweights instead of the preloaded bars. Ah well. I'm sure I'll see progress next week from this as I adapt.

Seated Hammer Curls
    35x8/8/8 (increase to 40)
    * Just powered through these.

Supplementation
    1 Pak Animal Pak
    1g Glucosamine
    1g additional Vitamin C
    10g Fish Oil
    4 scoops Nitrean
    2 scoops Elite Mega Mass (still working on Vanilla. Eww.)

Diet
    Ramping up calories this week. We'll see if I can hit 240 by Xmas.

Song of the Moment: Louis XIV - A Letter To Dominique

---

I love the contrasts of training.

Working to failure in a set that represents a personal best.
    Nervousness and dread before a heavy lift and the exhilaration afterwards.
    The pain of DOMS and the pleasure of a good 'pump'.

Feedback

Nil.

Banned
    I am Relentless - Day 3
    Monday, November 13 2006

Bodyweight: 230

Training
    Chins
    BWx5/5/5/4/3.5
    * Better than last week; felt more comfortable with the movement and getting a good solid ROM.

2PPS+25x7/5/5
    * Decided to increase to +25 instead of +20 just to save effort on moving plates around. Felt pretty heavy. Good reps though.

Arnold Press
    75x5/5/5/3/3
    * Good work here. Didn't think I'd get 5 on set 3 but I gutted it out. Wound up locking out first one arm then the other but I got it. Then I was a bit gassed for sets 4 & 5.

Standing Side Laterals
    30x8/8/8 (increase to 35)
    * Nice clean reps, good ROM, no 'english'.

Calf Raise on Leg Press
    4PPSx20/20/20 (increase to 4P+25)
    * solid reps... almost cramped up but worked through it.

Supplementation
    1 Pak Animal Pak
    1g Glucosamine
    1.5g additional Vitamin C
    10g Fish Oil
    4 scoops Nitrean
    2 scoops Elite Mega Mass

Diet
    Pretty bad this past weekend. Had some cookies and apple cide . All in all feeling pretty good though.

We had our first win since I started playing with the football team this week. Pretty sweet. Before anyone asks, we play with continuous forward passing, which is weird. But shut up and read.

Saturday we played in the mud and the light rain and finally started executing on offense as well as not breaking down on defense. Built up an 8-1 lead by halftime on some methodical drives and consistent defense. I had a couple of receptions, and also fielded a punt that I returned for 30 yards. It kind of surprised me because no one had really pursued the punted ball very hard so I had lots of room. I put one juke move on a slow defender and pump faked, then cut back and got another 10. Then I *almost* made a throw on the run that would have gotten us a TD if the receiver had caught the damn ball. On a later play when I was on defense I crashed a receiver extending for the ball and almost came out with the ball but one of my own guys also had the same idea so it wound up a bit of a mess… my teammate bounced off of me and I essentially ran over the receiver, and had to vault over him as he toppled into the muddy turf. Thankfully no one was hurt but I noticed that after that their QB didn’t throw to whoever I was covering. I don’t know if that’s good or bad…

We had a moment of silence at midfield at halftime, as it was just after 11am, which I thought was pretty classy. We gathered in a loose circle, a couple of us took a knee, and we silently thanked our grandfathers, granduncles and other ancestors that fought, suffered and died that we might know peace and freedom.

I guess my subconscious must have thought it was too easy because early in the 3rd quarter I was back deep fielding another punt, which sailed past me and made it to our 10 (I hadn’t expected the punt to go so deep as all their previous punts were much shallower). I was pinned in the corner and decided to throw, but the wet ball slipped and ball sailed – right into the arms of a defender! I immediately crashed upfield to cut him off but he had a guy behind me (the guy that had initially pressured me into a throw) so he was able to dump it off for a TD. They missed the point after and it was suddenly a tense and tight 8-7.

My teammates must have still had some faith in me after that bad pass because they accepted a playcall I made soon after that gaffe… I lined our normal QB as the X receiver, and had our fastest guy in the left slot, in motion before the snap to make it look like a sweep right. The centre and the tight end were to do deep left outs. I play-fake to the slot and then stop on a dime and rifle one to the normal QB in the X. He fakes the outside run, sucking up defenders short, and then stops and fires one to the TE. That got us in range for a touchdown and we score on the next play. Booya. We wound up winning 21-7 on the strength of that play and an INT that one of our guys returned for a TD.

Despite a very disappointing season, it was nice to play our last game and win, going out on a high note. We definitely have some talent on the team, we just really lack coordination. Well, there are also some guys that are just not football-minded, which makes it hard. For instance, these guys are really reluctant to try a zone defense despite consistently being faced with zone defenses throughout the season when we’re on offense. In this continuous-passing game, zone defense is what can lead to big turnovers and also prevents too many big plays by the other team, where a receiver in pre-snap motion can stretch the defense and sometimes beat the whole team to the sidelines and get away for a score. That said, it IS hard to play a zone with rookies. I don’t know… I’d LIKE to try it with these guys but there’s a lot of resistance.

Feedback

nil

Banned
    I am Relentless - Day 4
    Tuesday, November 14 2006

AM Bodyweight: 230

Training
    Romanian Deadlifts
    375 x 5/5/3/3/3 (increase to 375)
    * felt this in my upper back a bit... sort of a hot-wire feeling as a muscle was a bit strained. Not bad reps though.

Leg Curls
    225 x 8/5/5
    * 225 is pretty heavy; starting to feel this in my knees a bit

Leg Extensions
    210 x 20/20/12
    * I thought I'd get 20 in set 3 after the way I powered through the first two sets but no such luck... I just completely died on set3.

Dips
    BW+25 x 5/5/5/stopped
    * OK. Every professional whose advice I have sought said "STOP DOING THESE" and the rationale for the instability seemed to be that I *may* have incipient rotator cuff issues and this could be aggravating it. I tried a couple of tricks to stabilize in the movement but could not get it sorted out. As of next week I will feature a new tricep-centric movement here. Suggestions welcome.

45 x 12/12/9
    * could not get much more than last time for some reason. Ah well.

Supplementation
    1 Pak Animal Pak
    1g Glucosamine
    1g additional Vitamin C
    10g Fish Oil
    4 scoops Nitrean
    2 scoops Elite Mega Mass

Diet
    Good. Had pot roast and veggies last night.

After years of long commutes, I live 1.2 km from work. But I still have to contend with both traffic and drama on my 'commute'.

On the way in this morning, my usual route was blocked with construction so I had to take an alternate route, doubling my commute time (from 2 mins to 4 mins, LOL!).

On the way into the parking garage, I'm following a Nissan X-Trail and I hit a patch of wet pavement at the bottom of the long ramp. I drive a Jeep YJ, standard, which is both light and RWD. So my rear wheels start spinning. Rather than ease off on the gas, I just keep driving, and the wheels eventually get purchase on the pavement again and I continue up the ramp.

HOWEVER, from the Nissan in front of me, the drive abruptly fires "the finger" out the driver's side door. At first, I thought "Maybe they thought I was making some sort of statement on their slow ass driving by spinning my wheels."

THEN, the driver stops their Nissan at the top of the ramp, blocking me onto the ramp. I yell out my window, "Relax... that wasn't about YOU. I just hit some wet pavement!!". This prompts the driver, who turns out to be a fat, twentysomething blonde in her mid twenties to get out of her little Nissan, storm back to my Jeep and start to harangue me for spinning my tires because she's pregnant and I put her unborn child at risk. I try to explain that it was no big deal, the tires were just spinning and I was in control at all times and she just refuses to listen, and starts threatening to call security and/or the cops. She demands my name and asks if I work at (some podunk call centre that's in the same building complex) so she can report me to my supervisor. I offer to wait around with her if she wants to call the police.

Finally, a old maintenance worker that I know slightly walks up and she starts in on him, pointing at me and yelling. He asks her if I hit her vehicle. She is forced to reply "no" but goes on to describe my insane and reckless driving (spinning my wheels). I sigh, get out of my Jeep and walk over. I look the maintenance guy straight in the eye and say, "Look. I've got a standard transmission, a light vehicle and rear wheel drive. It's wet at the bottom of the ramp. My tires were spinning for a while. It's all fine, no one is hurt."

The old guy smiles at the hysterical blonde and suggests that she move along because we're holding up traffic and no damage was done. She storms off into her little truck and once she turns around, the old guy smiles at me and rolls his eyes. I shrug and smile back.

I hate drama.

I guess that I could have handled this somewhat better but I did not feel that I was in the wrong at ALL. At worst, I scared this person a little and perhaps should have apologized for that but when she got out of her truck and started yelling at me I was not inclined to be nice.

Feedback

Nil.
    Last edited by Relentless; 11-14-2006 at 12:53 PM.