The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Threaded View

Banned

I am Relentless...

This is my old journal.
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...threadid=11789

This is the record of where I got to with inconsistent efforts and a lack of commitment. All in all, it's not bad. I came out of it stronger, more knowledgeable and with a superior body composition to when I started.

But I wanted more.

In many areas of my life I have the simultaneous advantage and disadvantage of being able to achieve above average competence without really trying. I'm not trying to brag; it's just how it is. This leads to immediate gratification with many new endeavours as I can easily achieve a 'journeyman' type of proficiency. This also means I can be involved in a lot of projects and groups and hobbies and so on and enjoy myself in all of it.

But I crave excellence. I crave MASTERY. THat said, this craving was directionless and it sputtered on and off as I achieved temporary satisfaction by becoming "pretty good" at some new thing, adding to my personal "Jack of all Trades" list.

Then I realized something. I have, in the past, been able to achieve excellence and mastery. I have been able to achieve aggressive material, relationship and spiritual goals. But it required a relentless pursuit. I became a monomaniac at various points in my life and as a result, progressed rapidly in certain areas.

So the challenge before me now is to harness my ability to relentlessly pursue my goals WITHOUT losing focus and WITHOUT becoming monomaniacal. I have multiple personal, physical and creative goals I want to pursue and I need to find a way to progress them every day, every week.

This journal will be a record of my response to that challenge. The name change? That's part theatre and part personal reminder. Every time I logon to WBB I'll see it. Relentless will also be a word that will be inscribed in many locations throughout my life, reminding me not just to keep at it, but the greater context of "balanced relentlessness" (if that's even a legitimate term).

More later.
    Relentless
    Last edited by Relentless; 08-11-2006 at 02:07 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!