The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: strongest RB

Mike Alstott takes the cake on this one...

alstott is a big man, isnt he like 5'10 250
    2000 or bust

I think the real winner is the infamous fatRB38

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic
    At 21 years old and 310 lbs., you're in quite a different weight class than Tiki, who is 31 years of age, 5'10", 210 lbs. with rapidly dwindling testosterone.

I find it hard to believe that after boxing during the offseason for however many years, he "picked up" weight lifting and suddenly banged-out 750 in the Smith machine.

Tiki can't squat 500, let alone 750. Whatever, I guess it doesn't matter. His career is almost over anyway. He could squat 905 and I guess it wouldn't make a difference.

Erm lol im 19 and just about to be 20 in november and closer to 300lbs (with probably 80 of it being lard).

I've saw him squat those #'s, and its hard to compare just about anyone to people who've made it into the NFL.

Tiki actually lifts at Carini's which is about 15 minutes from my HS, and a lot of my friends on the football team go there and have actually lifted with him. It's awesome someone is excelling from around here. I know they beat the hell out of you in that gym from what my friends have told me.
    Don't asker for a light load, but a strong back.

JOURNAL

Best Meet Lifts @ 220 Raw:
    Squat - 475
    Bench - 355
    Dead - 500
    Total: 1330

. with rapidly dwindling testosterone.
    Rapidly dwindling? Only if the team doctor has switched the guys to a shorter ester.

... not likely.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Quote Originally Posted by Stumprrp
    alstott is a big man, isnt he like 5'10 250
    6'1, 250 :P

So you believe that Tiki squats, after 8 months of lifting, 300 more lbs than you, someone who is completely dedicated year-around to lifting weights?

Tiki just "magically" quit boxing in the off-season, and starting squatting 700 lbs in the Smith machine?
    Dude, where do you get the 8 months from? Tiki has been lifting for a good number of years. Maybe you misunderstood. Most NFL players don't lift as much during the regular season because it's too much and they just workout in the offseason. But, there's no way in hell that an NFL player doesn't workout, that's a requirement. Besides, have you seen how built Tiki is? He's a monster.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial
    Rapidly dwindling? Only if the team doctor has switched the guys to a shorter ester.

... not likely.
    Insightful commentary FTW!

damn 6'1 250 is a monster, i bet he can easily bench 405, clean 405, and squat like 5 change.
    2000 or bust

Still on my way... come back kid's Avatar
    Dont forget last years "Rookie of the Year"---Cadillac Williams!
    GO BUCS!!!!1
    5'9" 230 (fat)
    Currently on WBB1.1

Pound for pound, Barry Sanders was pretty strange. The 1st time he was trying to get 2000 yards, back in December of 1994, he was playing against the Dolphins, and I remember that an interception was thrown. Barry literally picked the guy up, flipped him over his head, and threw him to the ground, in one quick motion. It was just odd to see.....a 5'8, 203 lb. Ninja Turtle picking up a linebacker and "reversing" him to the grass.
    I remember that play. It was funny because he left me in awe by cleaning the guy instead of how he usually left me in disbelief: running around somene and making them look stupid, like when he juked Rod Woodson out of his knee.

If we're just talking about strength I'd probably go with Alstott. Lewis would be a close second and we'll see how Lendale White does. Pound for pound Cadillac Williams is impressive. He runs with a power that seems greater than his size.
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

"you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

"shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by LouPac
    Dude, where do you get the 8 months from? Tiki has been lifting for a good number of years. Maybe you misunderstood.
    In the article he provided, Tiki states that all he ever did in the offseason was a boxing/cardio routine. This changed, per the article, as of February 2004. 7 months later would be training camp, and his breakout season.
    "We could put his leg in a vice-grip, but you & I together couldn't twist his ankle enough to sprain it"
    - Jerry Glanville discussing Barry Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Shane
    I remember that play. It was funny because he left me in awe by cleaning the guy instead of how he usually left me in disbelief: running around somene and making them look stupid, like when he juked Rod Woodson out of his knee.
    Yep, that was it. Good memory!
    "We could put his leg in a vice-grip, but you & I together couldn't twist his ankle enough to sprain it"
    - Jerry Glanville discussing Barry Sanders

you guys are forgetting lorenzo neal.
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

Quote Originally Posted by biggimp
    you guys are forgetting lorenzo neal.
    He isn't a RB.

In the article he provided, Tiki states that all he ever did in the offseason was a boxing/cardio routine. This changed, per the article, as of February 2004. 7 months later would be training camp, and his breakout season.
    Actually, his exact words were:
    "For a couple of off-seasons I was boxing to get in cardiovascular shape,..."

He didn't he say he never lifted weights, he just said he was boxing to get into cardiovascular shape. Every NFL player HAS to lift weights, it's part of their training, and to think that a pro player doesn't lift weights is ridiculous. These guys has been lifting since high school or at least their freshman year in college.

Quote Originally Posted by ehscrewdude
    Jerome Bettis... but he retired, lol...

Smart man...Steelers FTW!!!!

Surprised Larry Johnson didn't get any mentions.

Sure the guy has an RBs dream for a line, but when this guy gets hit, he is breaking tackles and punishing defenders. He's generally always the guy falling forward after a hit.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by seK
    He isn't a RB.

he's a fullback, just like mike alstott, who has been mentioned a 1000 times in this thread.
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

I mentioned Larry Johnson. He's great. Go Chiefs =P

Packers to the Superbowl!

Hellz Yea!!!!

Go Green N Gold!1!1!1!111!!!

haha dream on...packers have 0 chance...steelers will be the first team ever to have 6 SB's!!!!