The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hmm i feel like a quitter when i finish lifting lol!

I know its weird i have been on this diet/excersise kick for 3-4 monthes now and its like im addicted to doing stuff

I did my day 5 wbb workout today and also ended it with some of those crazy thrust squats that about kill you. And im all sore feel liek i've done something then about 2 hours later i want to do more stuff......

I am just not happy with the way i look, Ive lost about 80 pounds rather fast (4 monthes) and need to gain muscle or lose more weight im not sure which....
    Last edited by bL33d; 08-11-2006 at 01:54 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Step back for a second and focus on one thing.

You lose 80 pounds in four months.

Repeat it a few times while looking in the mirror until it sinks in how awesome that is.

Overtraining yourself won't help you in the long run so just relax. Go for a walk if you still have energy to burn.
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

80 pounds in 4 months, congratz what did you start at?
    I think you best option is to do as shock said and step back, look at what you have accomplished and decided what you want to set as your next goal.
    You can also post some pics or stats ect and some of us can give you advice on what we would do in your situation.
    Last edited by seK; 08-11-2006 at 02:00 PM.

295 and im 6ft tall

im 215 now But still flabby
    Last edited by bL33d; 08-11-2006 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bL33d
    295 and im 6ft tall

im 215 now But still flabby
    Any idea what your BF % is?

no but its prolly still rather high as i can only bench 140 pounds and curl 65 pounds so im not anywhere as strong as i thought i was.. rather sad really.

(never lifted weights before so i was surprised at how little i could do)
    Last edited by bL33d; 08-11-2006 at 02:09 PM.

no but its prolly still rather high as i can only bench 140 pounds and curl 65 pounds so im not anywhere as strong as i thought i was.. rather sad really.

(never lifted weights before so i was surprised at how little i could do)
    Well you have to start somewhere, I would probably keep cutting.

In my opinion, knowing when to say enough is enough is half the battle. It's so hard not to throw in another set of rows or lunges or whatever, even when you know you will probably be overtraining. You need to give every set everything you've got so you don't leave without being tired.

lost 80 lbs. in 4 months I think that is damn good. But **** I am a skinny kid so what do I know.
    5'7 425 lbs. 85% bodyfat Need to gain 20-40 lbs.

New journal - http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=86957 Boring I know, but whatever.

Occupational Hypnomania
    Maybe you should try gaining 80 pounds in that time?

Just give it time, you'll get there.

I know its weird i have been on this diet/excersise kick for 3-4 monthes now and its like im addicted to doing stuff

I did my day 5 wbb workout today and also ended it with some of those crazy thrust squats that about kill you. And im all sore feel liek i've done something then about 2 hours later i want to do more stuff......

O man my legs are sore today!!! And me and the wife are going to st.louis to go shopping today :P

Wannabebig Member
    keep lifting somthing like 3 times a week and what you'll notice once u stop losing weight is that you wont really change rapidly anymore but your muscles will slowly fill in where your arms,stomich,legs are and over time you will become solid and without relizing it ur chest will grow out and your lats will grow but all over time man just get some protien in you eat right.....trust me i know im 6'4 215 and i lost 60 pnds (training for 3-4 yrs.) soon to be a p.t. after college. i used to be an out of shape goofy lookin fella.now im doing handstands and elbow levers. just work for what u want.

I would like to get to 185 or 190 i hope lifting weights wont slow down my weight loss.....?

I guess if i only eat 1800 calories a day, and run 3miles a day, 4 days a week i have no choice but to lose weight even if im lifting weights right.....
    Last edited by bL33d; 08-13-2006 at 09:22 PM.

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    You do know that over-training will make your muscles smaller right?
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanbcool
    You do know that over-training will make your muscles smaller right?

SAY WHAT!! What is considered over training.... Should i run less? just eat right and lift weights run 2 days a week?
    Last edited by bL33d; 08-13-2006 at 10:04 PM.