Thread: forearm pain on close grip preacher curls

Wannabebig Member

forearm pain on close grip preacher curls

it feels really deep like almost the BONE is hurting...it is on standing wide grip curls and preacher close grip curls, but dont seem to bother me with barbells...it just isn't me either a guy i started working out with who has been workin out for about 6 months has the same pain...and again this isn't a muscle sorness pain or anything its like a deep pain, almost like its in the bone or something

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest trying a different exercise or grip...

Isn't there some clever anecdote about a guy who goes into the doctor and says "It hurts when I do this.", and the doctor replies "Well, don't do that then!"?
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    Do forearm work.

and a search for 'Shin splints in forearms."
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Stop Doing Those Curls.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Quote Originally Posted by thesmallone
    it feels really deep like almost the BONE is hurting...it is on standing wide grip curls and preacher close grip curls, but dont seem to bother me with barbells...it just isn't me either a guy i started working out with who has been workin out for about 6 months has the same pain...and again this isn't a muscle sorness pain or anything its like a deep pain, almost like its in the bone or something
    OK, I had the same problem as you awhile back. All you have to do is more forearm exercises like negative wrist curls. Your biceps are stronger then your forearms and simply can't keep up. Work your forearms more, and that should take care of that.

Ha, you guys are funny with your forearm work.

Switch to dumbbells.

Switch to squats.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310