The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Fried Rice Recipe I found Online

1 lb pork sausage
    6 eggs, beaten
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    1/2 head cabbage, cored and shredded
    3 carrots, chopped
    6 cups cooked white rice, MUST be chilled
    1/4 cup soy sauce (to taste)
    1 (14 1/2 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
    1/2-1 cup frozen green peas
    ground black pepper
    3 green onions, chopped

8 servings Change size or US/metric Change to: servings US Metric

40 minutes 40 mins prep
    In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the sausage until evenly browned. Drain, and remove sausage from the pan. In the same pan, scramble the eggs, stirring frequently until cooked through. Set aside.
    Heat the oil in a very large skillet or electric skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Stir fry the cabbage and carrots just until the cabbage has wilted. Add the cold rice, and fry, sprinkle some soy sauce over the mixture and break up clumps in the rice. (Rice must be cold or the dish will come out gummy.) Mix in the sausage and sprinkle some more soy sauce over all. Stir in bean sprouts, peas, and eggs, mixing well so there are no big chunks. Season with pepper, and stir in green onions just before removing from the heat. Add more soy sauce to taste, and serve. This dish reheats well in the microwave.

Tip 1: To save time, instead of chopping up cabbage and carrots, you can buy a package of coleslaw mix which has the cabbage and carrots already shredded.

Tip 2: This recipe is very versatile. You can add, leave out or change ingredients according to your taste. Instead of sausage, this rice works well with chicken, beef, shrimp, etc. A great way to use up leftovers.

definitely need to go grocery shopping tomorrow

makes eight servings, 491 cals. per serving
    By Any Means Necessary

"The Best thing god can give me is enemies" rodrigo gracie

"Pain, I like it rough, Cause I'd Rather feel pain than nothing at all" Three Days Grace

"act like a man, f--k like a man, fight like possessed."

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    They forgot the corn. Just playing. Everyone I know just buys the frozen mixed vegetables and that's it for your veggies, and if you buy the frozen mixed vegetables, cooking the meal only takes like 10-20 minutes, as Tip 1 suggests in buying packaged stuff to save time. I haven't seen cabbage in fried rice though, but like Tip 2 says, add, leave or change ingredients according to your taste. Also, I don't think cold rice is necessary. My family and friends use the warm rice from the rice cooker and the meal comes out fine, not gummy, but I think it's because we pour the raw egg over the rice and cook the egg while mixing everything together.

Great find by the way: cheap, quick to make, and tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by mike831

Great find by the way: cheap, quick to make, and tasty.
    not to mention high in teh calories...
    By Any Means Necessary

"The Best thing god can give me is enemies" rodrigo gracie

"Pain, I like it rough, Cause I'd Rather feel pain than nothing at all" Three Days Grace

"act like a man, f--k like a man, fight like possessed."