Thread: Should I eat differently on cardio days versus weight training days?

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

Should I eat differently on cardio days versus weight training days?

I'm just wondering if I should alter my diet on cardio days versus weightlifting days? I've heard that, for example, pasta is a good thing to eat the day before you do distance running. I'm wondering if those are principles I should apply to my workout.

I guess I'm curious about good diet in general. I'm just starting this program; I finally found a workout buddy so I'm gonna go for it this time. It's pretty simple, too. I have an hour sectioned off each day for exercise, and we're alternating weightlifting days and cardio days.

What are some good foods to compose my diet?

What are your goals? That will determine most of it. Read the stickies at the top of this forum for what to compose your diet of. It covers all of that.
    Nick V

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unreal
    What are your goals? That will determine most of it. Read the stickies at the top of this forum for what to compose your diet of. It covers all of that.
    I will read more, but I honestly am not that interested in getting too esoteric about what I eat. I guess I'm really just looking at guidelines so that, if I happen to have a choice in food, I can weigh some of my exercise factor into my decision.

Example: if the wife says, "Honey, I can make steaks for dinner, or I can make lasagna?" I want to know if one is significantly better than the other depending on where I am in the exercise routine.

Nay unless cutting, eat no carbs before the cardio. if your bulking eat more.
    2000 or bust

If you're just starting, don't over complicate things. Eat a balanced diet every day and don't worry if it's your lifting or "cardio" day.

And don't do long distance cardio unless you're preparing for a race, there are better and more efficient ways to improve endurance. Do a search on "tabata intervals" or "high intensity interval training."
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

I always always eat differently!!!!!!!!1

CArdio days are left handed, iron = right handed

That's fair. If all you want is a guideline, read my signature:

"Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat."

Simple and easy!
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310